T Nation

UFC 99 Weigh-In Results

Main Event
Rich Franklin (194) vs Wanderlei Silva (194)

Cain Velasquez (239) vs Cheick Kongo (230)
Ben Saunders (169) vs Mike Swick (169)
Dan Hardy (170) vs Marcus Davis (171)
Caol Uno (155) vs Spencer Fisher (154)
Mostapha Al-Turk (236) vs Mirko Cro Cop (233)

Justin Buchholz (155) vs Terry Etim (156)
Dale Hartt (156) vs Dennis Siver (156)
Paul Taylor (169) vs Peter Sobotta (169)
Roli Delgado (155) vs Paul Kelly (156)
Stefan Struve (248) vs Denis Stojnic (241)
Rick Story (169) vs John Hathaway (170)

the fight i'm most excited for is Mike Swick. been a big fan of his for a while, and i'm wondering when he'll get a chance for a title shot.

and i wanna see the Axe Murderer own Franklin.

194.. what the fuck, wut weight class is that for

Catch weight.

Picks

Rich Franklin
Cain Velasquez
Mike Swick
Marcus Davis
Spencer Fisher
Mostapha Al-Turk

Hmm..I guess I'll get in on this "picking" thing:

Franklin
Velasquez
Swick
Hardy
Fisher
Filipovic

Cro Cop looks fat and Rolando Delgado needs to eat food.
Wanderlei
Kongo
Saunders
Davis
Uno
Hopefully Cro Cop

Wanderlei Silva

Caol Uno

Cheick Kongo -- Hopefully after he beats this guy, he will finally have a title shot. I hate how some talented individuals like Cheick Kongo put in their time and work up the ranks and some people like Brock Lesnar only had 3 pro fights before their title shot just because they are popular and draw in money due to WWE or whatever. Dana White is a fag. Joe Rogan and the other commentator/announcer sucks. Bas Rutten should be an announcer like he was during PRIDE Fighting Championships.

Cro Cop

brock would ruin kongo...absolute annihilation

Silva
Kongo
Swift
Davis
Uno
Cro cop

Can somebody please rename the thread. I guess, the forum can afford a fitting description like "UFC 99 picks".

Anyway, as for sympathy my picks are exactly the opposite of what

But when it ocomes to actual predictions, Hickey probably is damn right. Arg!

Let's just hope Siver and Sobatta will be victorious or at least entertaining so UFC might catch on over here. And Germany won't look so toothless.

Light heavey weight the class Chuck Liddel dominated for over 13 fights.

We had a guy over here for awhile, Malte Jurgenssen (sp?,) that was one of the better grapplers I've ever trained with. He was pretty damned good.

huh? he fought at 205....

This isn't necessarily who I would like to win. Just who I think will win.

I would rather see Silva get a win here and start his move through 185. Franklin can recover from a loss and get some really good fights at 205. I think he makes his move towards a title fight regardless of the outcome of this fight.

Same story with Kongo and Cro Cop.

I was torn on the Uno Fisher, Davis Hardy, and Swick Saunders fights. I think those are going to be great fights. I wouldn't be surprised if those three swept KO of night, sub of the night, and fight of the night.

This "picking" is not so bad...I just might do it again :wink:

Dana white is a moron, about that, the kimbo shit after saying he'll never be in the ufc. Just everything, and I agree with Bas on the commentating, speaking of tito, I liked the few fights he's called, he's just good at it.

Anyway, I'd just like to see mirko take a win