Brown
Hamill
Maynard
McCory
Day
Boetsch
Vera
Nelson

Not crazy enough to predict for all what round and by what, but Jackson in the first by TKO or Ko.

Jardine
Gonzaga
Munoz
Dont care for the others

I like Carwin as well. Despite the fact that he hasn’t gone past the first round yet, I believe his chances of success go up substantially if this fight goes past the first. Maybe Gonzaga will surprise and show up with excellent conditioning (perhaps a run by Jackson’s for some EPO) but chances are against it.

The rest I’m not too sure about as they threw some guys on here that I haven’t seen fight before, and I don’t really know how to pick Jardine - Rampage. The Jardine that showed up against Chuck and Forrest could beat Page, but the one that showed up against Wanderlei and Alexander could get knocked into the cheap seats.

I’m picking Jackson and Carwin. Any other predictions for me would just be off name recognition so I won’t make any. Fights should be good though.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
I like Carwin as well. Despite the fact that he hasn’t gone past the first round yet, I believe his chances of success go up substantially if this fight goes past the first. Maybe Gonzaga will surprise and show up with excellent conditioning (perhaps a run by Jackson’s for some EPO) but chances are against it.
[/quote]

x3 for Carwin. And that’s a big “if” in my mind whether Gonzaga can last a full round with Carwin. I just don’t really see Gonzaga winning in any other way than perhaps head kick ala Cro Cop. But Carwin has hyooge hands and throws good crisp punches, so I think the likelihood of that happening isn’t very high.

Carwin is just going to be too much for Gabriel physically IMO.

[quote]
The rest I’m not too sure about as they threw some guys on here that I haven’t seen fight before, and I don’t really know how to pick Jardine - Rampage. The Jardine that showed up against Chuck and Forrest could beat Page, but the one that showed up against Wanderlei and Alexander could get knocked into the cheap seats.[/quote]

Yeah, Jardine is like the proverbial monkey wrench in the LHW division. You just never know with him. I’m rooting for Rampage though, as honestly I’d rather see him fight for the title than Jardine.

Jackson
Gonzaga
Brown
Hamill
Maynard

Jardine wont fight for the title if he wins Machida will which is why i want Jardine to win

SPOILER ALERT

Doubt anyone reading this doesn’t already know the outcomes of the fights, but just in case, you’ve been warned.

I wasn’t too enthused for this card (except the Carwin vs. Gonzaga fight), but it turned out to be an overall good card. Lot’s of finishes (several in spectacular fashion).

After watching Carwin KO Gonzaga with that straight right (which he didn’t even really plant on) I’ve gotta say that I think he can give Brock a run for the title.

I was impressed with Gonzaga though. He rocked Carwin and then took him down and almost had him mounted (much respect for that), but in the end just couldn’t handle Carwin’s size and power.

The Jackson vs Jardine fight was quite good honestly. Fairly evenly matched and I’ve gotta give Keith credit for coming in their and executing his game plan. I can’t believe one of the judges gave Rampage the first round actually, as I thought Keith got the better of that one (as did the other two judges).

I would have liked to see that one go 5 rounds because it was a fairly close fight and both fighters had a chance to end it. Maybe with another 2 rounds we could have seen decisive end to the fight.

Hamill’s head kick was nasty. Definitely the KO of the night IMO.

Maynard is a beast when it comes to wrestling, great use of the straight right against a southpaw as well. I’d really like to see him fight Clay Guida, Sanchez or Sherk next.

Vera looked like the fighter I had hoped he’d be at 205. Great kickboxing in that fight (especially the low kicks).

How about that bogus ref stoppage (or lack thereof) during the Brown vs Sell fight? WTF was up with that?

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
SPOILER ALERT

Doubt anyone reading this doesn’t already know the outcomes of the fights, but just in case, you’ve been warned.

I wasn’t too enthused for this card (except the Carwin vs. Gonzaga fight), but it turned out to be an overall good card. Lot’s of finishes (several in spectacular fashion).

After watching Carwin KO Gonzaga with that straight right (which he didn’t even really plant on) I’ve gotta say that I think he can give Brock a run for the title.
[/quote]
he looked a bit aukward but the guy can hit hard. Very similar to Brock. This is why i love the HWs. These guys hit so hard and a fight can end in an instant. it almost went the other way.

i thought Gonzaga looked really sharp. i thought the fight was over when he ended up on top of Carwin. i still can’t believe Carwin escaped. i would love to see Gonzaga vs. Mir. i think that would be a hell of a fight.

yep, good fight. Ramage landed some really good shots and looked really sharp. have to give jardine credit for staying in there. i can’t wait for Evans vs. jackson. i think we are going to see if Evans can take a shot.

i really want to like hamill. he needs to put together a couple of wins against better competition.

my favorite light weight. i would like to see him against sanchez. maybe winner get the next shot. I think he dismantles Guida or Sherk pretty easily. Niether of those guys are going to out wrestle him and I think his striking is better.

He looked really good. not sure who they give him next. someone like hamill or a step up from that? T Silva might be interesting?

[quote]
How about that bogus ref stoppage (or lack thereof) during the Brown vs Sell fight? WTF was up with that?[/quote]
that was the worst thing I have ever seen from a ref. he stops brown by grabbing him and them tells him to keep fighting? Drago was out the entire time. i can’t believe he kept going. Wierd fight.

Gonzaga basically nailed Carwin a couple of times with some big right hands and big Shane recovered so quick. Very impressive chin and power.

I liked the trash talking theres going to be some black on black crime funny stuff. Damn Carwin is a beast I thought Gonzaga wsa going to put him out early. I really want to see him against Kongo or Valasquez. Munoz was a dissapointment he was so hyped I thought he could do it.

i dont understand how hamill wins fights. he looks slow and plodding, he leans in with punches head first with hands down, and still rocks people when he touches them, wins(he WON the bisping fight, so the only loss he has as far as i am concerned was the ass kicking franklin gave him).

maybe people are reluctant to throw when he leans in cuz they are afraid he is going to shoot?

oh, btw, he dominated a div 2 wresting champ in wrestling…impressive.

i also dont understand the “hate” he generates. he has a GREAT story, but if you lurk the sherdog boards, most would not piss on him if he was on fire.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
i dont understand how hamill wins fights. he looks slow and plodding, he leans in with punches head first with hands down, and still rocks people when he touches them, wins(he WON the bisping fight, so the only loss he has as far as i am concerned was the ass kicking franklin gave him).
[/quote]

Bisping described him as being like a zombie (best description I’ve heard yet), that no matter what you hit him with, the guy just keeps coming forward. And I agree, Hamill won that fight.

I think it’s partly that, the guys is also just extremely strong, extremely aggressive, and has very heavy hands.

Hamill was a 3x Div. 3 National champ (only in Div. 3 due to his being def) and a silver medalist in Greco, and gold medalist in freestyle in the deaf olympics. So, the guy has sick wrestling credentials.

I don’t understand it either. I honestly wonder how you can dislike him.

[quote]drewh wrote:
I liked the trash talking theres going to be some black on black crime funny stuff. Damn Carwin is a beast I thought Gonzaga wsa going to put him out early. I really want to see him against Kongo or Valasquez. Munoz was a dissapointment he was so hyped I thought he could do it.[/quote]

You want to see Gonzaga against Kongo or Valasquez? Or Carwin?

I felt like rampage either eased his aggression or had bad conditioning. If it was the latter it looked like he would be able to beat evans.

Ref virtual stoppage was a disgrace, real amateur hr stuff.

Really looking forward to the black on black crime. Jardine did better than I expected but it wasn’t enough.

Carwin hits like a train but will be interesting to see him tested on the floor at some point.

Great KO by Hamill, still don’t like the guy. Not even sure why but he just comes off as a bit of a dick. And Bisping won the fight. It was very close and I wouldn’t have argued if it had gone the other way but I was there, and I scored it 29-28 to Bisping.

Vera looked good, but in his interviews he comes off as someone who really needs to be pushed to train. Makes me think he will never fully live up to his potential.

[quote]Pluto wrote:
Jackson
Carwin
Brown
Hamill
Maynard
McCory
Day
Boetsch
Vera
Nelson

Not crazy enough to predict for all what round and by what, but Jackson in the first by TKO or Ko.[/quote]

did pretty good I think

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Great KO by Hamill, still don’t like the guy. Not even sure why but he just comes off as a bit of a dick. And Bisping won the fight. It was very close and I wouldn’t have argued if it had gone the other way but I was there, and I scored it 29-28 to Bisping.
[/quote]

You must be judging based on a completely different point system than me then, because Hamill landed more strikes, did more damage, was far more aggressive, took Bisping down at will, and controlled the Octagon better.

[quote]
Vera looked good, but in his interviews he comes off as someone who really needs to be pushed to train. Makes me think he will never fully live up to his potential.[/quote]

Yeah, hopefully his recent losing streak has lit a fire under his ass to actually start training hard though. If he keeps fighting like he did in this fight, he’ll be in pretty good shape. Honestly don’t think he’ll be taking the title at LHW though, that division is stacked.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

You must be judging based on a completely different point system than me then, because Hamill landed more strikes, did more damage, was far more aggressive, took Bisping down at will, and controlled the Octagon better.

Do you guys like watching Bisping fights? I have only seen one or two but the Leben v. Bisping fight was one of the most boring fights I’ve ever seen. Do you have any you recommend to try to watch on video?

[quote]Pluto wrote:
Pluto wrote:
Jackson
Carwin
Brown
Hamill
Maynard
McCory
Day
Boetsch
Vera
Nelson

Not crazy enough to predict for all what round and by what, but Jackson in the first by TKO or Ko.

did pretty good I think[/quote]

That’s damn good. How come you didn’t think Grove would win?