T Nation

UFC 92

This is going to be a great card. I just wonder why the UFC spreads themselves so thin at times and then comes up with monster cards 2x a year. I guess they figure this is the peak of the PPV buying season?

Anyhow, let’s look at the fights:

Mir v Nog - Nog by sub
Rampage v Wanderlai - Rampage by KO
Griffin v Evans - Evans by UD

I don’t really have any opinion on the other fights. I’ll leave that to yinz guys.

Damn i dont know will Mir get caught I can see it just because his cardio sucks. Rampage should win if he wants to it will depend on where he is mentally. I can see Forrest weathering Rashad for a decision.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Damn i dont know will Mir get caught I can see it just because his cardio sucks. Rampage should win if he wants to it will depend on where he is mentally. I can see Forrest weathering Rashad for a decision.[/quote]

I don’t know I think Mir knows his cardio is an issue and has been working on it as well as his striking.

As far wand and rampage depends which fighters show up that night. if wanderlei plays it tentative the whole fight it will be hard for him to win. I am pulling for Wand, but it is tough I like both of them.

Not a big rashad evans fan so we’ll see.

Nog - UD
Rampage - TKO
Griffin - UD
Massenzio - Submission
Al Turk - Submission
Lister - SD
Hamill - SD
Chonan - UD
Evenson - KO

Most of these are pretty good match-ups. Tough to call.

nog via sub
WAND via KO
griffin - split decision
massenzio - KO
okami - KO

Mir wins I think. His Jit is very different than what Nog is used to seeing. Different kind of angles. Its like a dirty jit. Mir Sub

Rampage can win and I think he will win. If Wand shows up with that fire in his eyes then Rampage may be in trouble. Rampage TKO

I’m pulling for Forrest. Rashad is not used to the pace that Forrest is going to be pushing at. I think Rashad wil have that shot he put on Chuck in his mind looking to hit Forrest with it all night and will come up short. Forrest by UD

I dont think so Mir does no rubber guard and crap but Nog is simply better. Its like Roger Gracie he just uses traditional stuff but hes so good with it.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Damn i dont know will Mir get caught I can see it just because his cardio sucks. Rampage should win if he wants to it will depend on where he is mentally. I can see Forrest weathering Rashad for a decision.[/quote]

rampage mentally remembers getting beat. twice. no redemption. not this saturday anyway.

[quote]
I’m pulling for Forrest. Rashad is not used to the pace that Forrest is going to be pushing at. I think Rashad wil have that shot he put on Chuck in his mind looking to hit Forrest with it all night and will come up short. Forrest by UD[/quote]

totally!!

[quote]outlawmma wrote:
Mir wins I think. His Jit is very different than what Nog is used to seeing. Different kind of angles. Its like a dirty jit. Mir Sub

Rampage can win and I think he will win. If Wand shows up with that fire in his eyes then Rampage may be in trouble. Rampage TKO

I’m pulling for Forrest. Rashad is not used to the pace that Forrest is going to be pushing at. I think Rashad wil have that shot he put on Chuck in his mind looking to hit Forrest with it all night and will come up short. Forrest by UD[/quote]

fedor couldnt finish nog…

but you think mir can???

hilarious

Really stacked card, I can’t wait, lots of hard to call fights. As for who I think will win…

Rashad evans via TKO
Big Nog via UD
Kongo via KO (though I know nothing about his opponent)
Wandy via KO

I really hope Wanderlei Silva wins this fight. Rampage can survive this loss. I’m not sure Wanderlei could. I think the only sure win is Big Nog over Mir. Can’t wait to see Nog submit Lesnar later on this year either.

Anybody see Rampage in pre-fight interviews? He’s not fucking around like he usually does, he’s just … serious. It’s scary.

Wandy by ko- Rampage has to learn to improve his clinch game and on how to defend those leg kicks and knees that Wandy is going to be throwing.

Nog by TKO- Both guys’ jits is high level so i don’t see either getting caught in a sub. Nog has the better stand up, better boxing, and far superior conditioning. Mir will gas and nog will get the tko in the later rounds.

Forrest by UD- Forrest has the reach and height advantage and is a very smart fighter. I see him frustrating Evans and keeping him at bay with his jab. Forrest will not get caught like Liddel did (never throw an uppercut when you’re not very close to your opponent).

Evans might panick in the later rounds and revert back to wrestling and get a take down on forrest, but i believe forrest will threaten with his guard and throw up a lot of sub attempts, the ref due to the inability of Evans to pass guard while defending subs thrown by Griffen from the grownd will force referree stand up.

Gonna be a sweet card!

Can’t make predictions on this one. But I’m definitely watching it.

I’m rooting for Mir, Silva and Griffin. I’m also wishing Okami-Lister was being shown.

Nor by sub

Rampage by TKO

Evans by KO

Nog, sub rd 3
Griffin UD
Wand TKO rd 2
Okami UD

Win for Rampage.
Win for Mir.
Win for Evans.
Win for Kongo.

Great fight card.

Looking forward to Brock vs Mir 2

Great card.

Mir looked awesome. He’s the first person to stop Nog and that is impressive. I’m still in shock. Great performance.

Evans had a great come-from-behind win and Rampage shocked us all.

Again, great card and I’m feeling a great buzz.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
fedor couldnt finish nog…

but you think mir can???

hilarious[/quote]

owned dumbass

Of the big 3, Mir was the only outcome that I wanted. However, I’m not surprised at the outcome. On paper, Rampage was the better fighter. Rashad was a tough fight for Griffin and I would give it a 50/50.

Again, a great card. Maybe now we’ll see Okami/Silva.