T Nation

UFC 88

Obviously I’m not the only one slacking on this…

Go ahead and post your predictions here.

I honestly can’t even remember the entire card, but know that I like Liddell by KO over Evans and Hamill by UD over Franklin.

I’m also looking forward to the Henderson and Parisyian fights.

Parisyian has pulled out due to a back injury I posted a bulletin about it earlier.

As for predictions Im going with:

Liddell KO
Franklin Split Decision
Henderson KO

im also intrested in how Dong Hyun Kim does

Well, the Parisyan fight is off. Apparently he has a back injury.

As someone that’s dealt with panic attacks, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if Karo got hit with another attack leading up to the fight and just wasn’t in the right mental state to compete. There was no mention of a back injury all week and then today right before the weigh-ins he pulls out of the fight.

I say:

• Chuck by unanimous decision (if it were a 5-rounder I’d say by KO, but it’s only 3 rounds).

• Franklin by unanimous decision.

• Henderson by KO.

I don’t know enough about the rest.

I don’t know how Franklin will be able to stop Hamill’s takedowns…and I think Hamil will last a bit better cardio wise than Lutter. Will be interesting, but I just think Hamill is a bad matchup for Franklin here. Hamill by decision

I think Liddell knocks Evans out which would make me happy, but knowing my luck calling Liddell’s fights, Evans will win by laying on him and infuriate me.

I think Hamill/Franklin is the most promising fight on the card. Should be a good one, but I have Hamill squeaking by with a split decision over Franklin.

I had a dream last night where I was replacing Mike Goldberg as commentator and during the Liddell/Evans fight Chuck kicked Evans in the head and knocked him out. So I’m going with Chuck.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I think Hamill/Franklin is the most promising fight on the card. Should be a good one, but I have Hamill squeaking by with a split decision over Franklin.

I had a dream last night where I was replacing Mike Goldberg as commentator and during the Liddell/Evans fight Chuck kicked Evans in the head and knocked him out. So I’m going with Chuck.

[/quote]

I wish someone, ANYONE, would replace that stupid fucking idiot.

The IFL is gone now, right? So why in he FUCK doesn’t the UFC hire Bas Rutten to commentate alongside Rogan? Bas knows fighting (obviously), he’s high-energy, he’s funny as shit, he’s entertaining, understands everything he’s talking about firsthand . . . WTF?? This is a no-brainer to me.

And if they still want to use Goldberg just for his voice to do some of the segue stuff as they’re going to a commercial or coming back from a commercial, or introducing a fight, because that’s what Rogan says he’s good for (“Aaaaand we’re BAAACK in Columbus, Ohio at UFC 97!!!”), then fine.

But get Bas in there next to Rogan and have those two do the fight commentating.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

I wish someone, ANYONE, would replace that stupid fucking idiot. [/quote]

Also, while we’re at it, can they PLEASE get rid of that stupid, unbearable nu-metal intro song at the UFC events? It’s fucking HORRIBLE. And get rid of the cheesy faux-gladiator-with-sword-and-shield garbage at the beginning of the broadcast?

Sheesh.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:
Also, while we’re at it, can they PLEASE get rid of that stupid, unbearable nu-metal intro song at the UFC events? It’s fucking HORRIBLE. And get rid of the cheesy faux-gladiator-with-sword-and-shield garbage at the beginning of the broadcast?

Sheesh.

rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

They should just use the Pride music. When I hear those thundering taiko drums I get fired up just sitting on my couch.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Damici wrote:

Sheesh.

rainjack wrote:

They should just use the Pride music. When I hear those thundering taiko drums I get fired up just sitting on my couch. [/quote]

The music is a non-issue for me because I tivo the fights, and skip all of the pre-fight crap. Bruce Buffer’s voice is like nails scraping a chalkboard to me.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

In Henderson’s fight he said “his right hand doesnt move…unless he throws it”

Everyone at my house was like WTF, no shit…lol

Since when did Joe Rogan start taking the same funny drugs as Cecil Peoples?? He said he thought Matt Brown won that fight?!?

Hellooo!!! Sobriety test required for Joe Rogan before he commentates at UFC events!

Sheesh!

Franklin looked pretty good…Hamill should of went for take downs before his legs were getting hammered by leg kicks.

WOW!!!

I think chuck died for a second…

lmao rashad pulled the upset, knocked out the iceman… wow.

Marquart looked really good. He definately deserves to be at the top of the division.

Palhares looked incredible. Henderson was the worste posible match-up for him. This guy is going to be trouble for anyone at 185. Sick Jujitsu and a rock solid chin. I knew this would be a very dangerous fight for Henderson and I’m just glad he got the W, even if it was a little slow.

Hammil looked terrible. Why this guy isn’t more aggressive with his takedowns baffles me. Franklin looked great. He didn’t let Matt corner him or clinch with him. Incredible leg kicks.

Evens. Wow…He ran away the fist round. He started to engage the second round and then wham…Chuck gets KTFO. Hightlight reel knockout. Not good for Chuck and I’m sure Dana is pissed. Rashad looked realy quick. It will be interesting to see who they put him against next.

damn…I think that was worse than Crop Cop’s knockout…shit. He fell like a corpse.

Well I wouldn’t quite go THAT far :-), but it was bad.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
damn…I think that was worse than Crop Cop’s knockout…shit. He fell like a corpse.[/quote]