T Nation

UFC 88

With three more fights added to the card, this could be a good fight card with karo, franklin and henderson added

Rashad, Rich, Hendo, Yoshida

looks like dana is pulling all the stops out with anderson silva who will be fighting cote at either ufc 88 or 89

http://www.mmauniverse.com/news/SS3235

Can’t we talk about UFC 87: The Death of Jon Fitch first?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Can’t we talk about UFC 87: The Death of Jon Fitch first?[/quote]

I prefer “The Rise of Brock Lesnar”.

gsp wins all 5 rounds
brock by tko
ken-flo by sub

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Can’t we talk about UFC 87: The Death of Jon Fitch first?

I prefer “The Rise of Brock Lesnar”.[/quote]

War Heath “No Homo” Herring!

[quote]Kano1989 wrote:
gsp wins all 5 rounds
[/quote]

That’s just ridiculous.

Fitch isn’t going to make round 3… :stuck_out_tongue:

As for 88, I think it’s gonna be a very good card.

gsp unanimous decision
herring split decision
flo by rear naked choke
kongo ref stoppage

Once again, I’m pissed at UFC and Joe Silva. They are again throwing Brock Lesnar in with someone who is a real threat to beat him. Why?

In only his 2nd fight, they threw him in with Mir, one of the top 4 or 5 heavyweight submission guys in the world, and now they throw him in with a dangerous striker who has some ground game.

I’m a big fan and I know I’m in the majority when I say that this guy has all the tools needed to become champ.
I also think Herring won’t be able to stop his takedowns, and Brock should ground and pound him into hamburger.

But…Herring has the skills to knock him out, the chin and toughness to absorb punishment and enough of a ground game to tap him.

I think they need to give him some intermediate level fighters, guys who are not that dangerous. Yes, even James Thompson.

That’s why Coleman was PERFECT. He’s an older, broken-down version of Brock Lesnar. It would be symbolic in so many ways for Brock to beat him and step up.

So why not give him Randleman or Kerr? Frye? They’re all of the same mold.

What about Sims? Sanchez? Butterbean? Marrero?

Heck, even Kongo.

They’re doing it for Bisping, can’t they do it for Brock who they’re paying a lot more money to?

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Once again, I’m pissed at UFC and Joe Silva. They are again throwing Brock Lesnar in with someone who is a real threat to beat him. Why?

In only his 2nd fight, they threw him in with Mir, one of the top 4 or 5 heavyweight submission guys in the world, and now they throw him in with a dangerous striker who has some ground game.

I’m a big fan and I know I’m in the majority when I say that this guy has all the tools needed to become champ.
I also think Herring won’t be able to stop his takedowns, and Brock should ground and pound him into hamburger.

But…Herring has the skills to knock him out, the chin and toughness to absorb punishment and enough of a ground game to tap him.

I think they need to give him some intermediate level fighters, guys who are not that dangerous. Yes, even James Thompson.

That’s why Coleman was PERFECT. He’s an older, broken-down version of Brock Lesnar. It would be symbolic in so many ways for Brock to beat him and step up.

Heck, even Kongo.

They’re doing it for Bisping, can’t they do it for Brock who they’re paying a lot more money to? [/quote]

I completly agree. I was a Lesnar fan when he wrestled here in MN and I can’t wait to see him fight again. The guy is an absolute freak and should have a very bright future in this sport. Putting him in against Mir was a joke.

Just look at the guys they already have under contract that would have been better than Mir. McCully, Eilers, Morris, O’Brien, Sanchez. Shit, they could have brought someone up from the WEC for his first fight at least.

Herring is a dangerous fight for him but I don’t see this going that long. I just don’t see anyone going the distance with Brock. They are either going to have knock him out or submit him early. He is just too strong and too quick. Maybe another big wrestler like eilers has a chance to go a few rounds? Frank would have been toast if the ref wouldn’t have stopped it without a warning for blow to the back of the head. Mir’s only chance was to submit him when he did. He wouldn’t have taken much more GnP.

Brock is going to take Herring and down and pound the shit out of him. I think it will be a while before Brock aquires the ability to knock anyone on out on his feet. The danger is a knee or kick to the head during/before the take down.

I can’t wait. If we weren’t expecting a baby that week, I would be at that fight.
This fight should be a victory unless he does something stupid ala sherk standing with BJ. Same gym, hopefully he’s smarter than that.

GSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

Heck, even Kongo.

They’re doing it for Bisping, can’t they do it for Brock who they’re paying a lot more money to? [/quote]

IMO, White and Silva are putting him against top competition because they have faith he can win. If he beats Mir or Herring, he gets to leap-frog past other more deserving guys. If he loses, he loses to a very good fighter so it doesn’t hurt him too much. Brock by 2nd round GnP.

Word around town is Brock has been spending considerable time working on JJ and his striking is looking sharp. I just had a cup of coffee with a buddy who fights and promotes up in MN.

Brock apparently brought somebody up there for a couple months to work on JJ with an emphasis on defense. I was told he is in unbelievable shape and possessed. Dude’s a beast.

I gotta go against the board on this one and predict a Fitch upset. I am a Fitch fan and really want to see him come away victorious. He can win by KO or submission and is no scrub.

I hope Herring kicks Brocks teeth out of his head. GSP will dominate Fitch. I like Fitch but GSP is more talented, stronger, faster, and bigger.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Word around town is Brock has been spending considerable time working on JJ and his striking is looking sharp. I just had a cup of coffee with a buddy who fights and promotes up in MN.

Brock apparently brought somebody up there for a couple months to work on JJ with an emphasis on defense. I was told he is in unbelievable shape and possessed. Dude’s a beast.

[/quote]

Did he get rid of Paulson? That’s who he brought up there before.

GSP is going to destroy Fitch. It should be a good fight.

Brock vs. Hearing could be a good fight, unless it turns into a snooze fest. The fight will go two ways: Brock gets take-down and ground and pounds his way to victory, or Hearing knocks him out in the 1st or 2nd round.

The fight I’m most looking forward to is Ken-Flo vs. Huerta. Ken-Flo is going to destroy the most hyped and guarded fighter in recent UFC history. Huerta is good but he has really fought no one, and don’t count his last fight. It was a great fight but his opponent isn’t exactly setting the world on fire now. Peace

[quote]dhickey wrote:

Did he get rid of Paulson? That’s who he brought up there before.[/quote]

I don’t know, dude. I didn’t bother to ask. We hadn’t spoken for a while and the conversation was all over the place.

What’s interesting to me on the GSP thing is I think Fitch is a much tougher opponent for GSP than Serra but leading up to that fight all you heard was, “it depends on which GSP shows up, he’s his own worst enemy.”

Now that he put together a good fight nobody seems to remember what’s happened before. It’s like the reset button has been hit.

One thing is for certain and that is we will find out.

WOW a fitch upset I don’t see it he’s outclassed in every category including wrestling. Plus Fitch annoys me he has the Sean Serk i had to work for everything blah blah wine wine wine attitude. I predict first round KO for GSP.