UFC 88 Spoiler

Wow. Chucky boy knocked out cold. I guess this puts Rashaad in valid contention for a shot against Rampage or Forrest. What an upset. Chuck was out cold for awhile…

That was so unexpected and sweet as hell. Chuck was out cold on his feet! I was hoping Rashaad would win but that just blew me away.

Franklin looked in great form, he’s such great fighter. Looking forward to his next bout.

All in all it was a sweet card, I totally enjoyed it.

I guess this means I have to start respecting Rashaad now.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
I guess this means I have to start respecting Rashaad now.[/quote]

I’m kind of amazed that people have always seen Evans in this light. I guess an undefeated record with a draw against Ortiz doesn’t buy you much respect nowadays…

Rashaad does not have the agressiveness that he needs. hopefully someone can pull it out of him soon, cuz he will need it with Forest. FOrest will hit him over the head with the kitchen sink if there was one in the ring.

Man Chuck hasn’t learned his lesson from the Rampage fight! Never go for an outside body shot without beating up the head for a little while. That was told to him by his trainer but he obviously isn’t listening.

Chuck has always teetered that line sooo carefully. He fights with his hands down and swings with reckless abandon. When you fight like that, you are always open to counters, but he was just a hair quicker and hit harder so he got away with it.

Now that injuries and age are catching up, he is no longer just a hair quicker. I think Chuck could still be effective for sure, but he needs to think about getting back to using his formally excellent kicks, more jabs, and better head movement.

That being said, some truly impressive punching power from Evans. Respect to both.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
I guess this means I have to start respecting Rashaad now.[/quote]

No kidding! I must admit that I’ve always been a Rashaad hater, I can’t stand his flamboyant ways before-during-and-after the fights, but there’s not much more that I can say now, except that before he landed that killer bomb, he was backpedaling and “running” away from Chuck, Machida style…

Feed his ass to the winner of Rampage-Silva!

[quote]praxis44241 wrote:
Kensei wrote:
I guess this means I have to start respecting Rashaad now.

I’m kind of amazed that people have always seen Evans in this light. I guess an undefeated record with a draw against Ortiz doesn’t buy you much respect nowadays…[/quote]

That’s what happens to fighters who are arrogant pricks.