UFC 85 Official Thread: Predictions, Rumors, Etc

Damn it! I forgot this event was in Europe so I checked some other forum and they had the results already so I couldn’t justify paying for the PPV. I watched the fights online though, I won’t throw any spoilers until later though…

[quote]Rampage74 wrote:
Alves just won, 2nd round with a vicious knee…next in line for Gsp, seem everybody after Gsp…Alves,Penn.also rumors of fight with Anderson Silva…[/quote]

Did anyone notice the ref in the Vera/Werdun(sp?) fight. He was responsible for 1 or 2 of the early EliteXC fights. It appears he is prone quick stoppages.

Overall I thought it was a fantastic card, obviously the main event wasn’t a hugely anticipated bout but hey how often do you have 4 fighters drop out of 1 fight!

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Did anyone notice the ref in the Vera/Werdun(sp?) fight. He was responsible for 1 or 2 of the early EliteXC fights. It appears he is prone quick stoppages.

Overall I thought it was a fantastic card, obviously the main event wasn’t a hugely anticipated bout but hey how often do you have 4 fighters drop out of 1 fight! [/quote]

I’m normally pretty understanding of the refs position, things happen fast in the cage. However, that guy needs to never, ever ref again.

He stopped a fight in which Vera was still very active and moving, he was obviously pinned, but both hands were up and he was rolling from side to side with ten seconds left. Its probably been brought up a billion times on Sherdog, but if he let Kimbo go after being semi-crucifixed, how did he stop Vera-Werdum?

hughes has no stand up game,if you keep him on his feet you win,why cant he see that.

Maybe so, but GSP demolished him on the ground.

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
hughes has no stand up game,if you keep him on his feet you win,why cant he see that.[/quote]

He knows he has no stand up game, that’s why his take downs are not as effective anymore, he shoots from way far.

I see him being granted the fight against Serra, then retiring altogether, sadly he might not even being able to beat him either…

[quote]Damici wrote:

brunottfn wrote:
hughes has no stand up game,if you keep him on his feet you win,why cant he see that.

[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:

brunottfn wrote:

[/quote]
but not before he beat his ass whith knees punches and kicks

I saw Matt Hughes at O’Hare on my way back from China. He walked right up beside me and when I noticed who it was I said “Holy shit! Matt Hughes, how’s it goin?” He said what’s up and then got his luggage and left. I didn’t know he lost to Alves until I watched it online today. That explains why his face was so fucked up. He had a huge cut on his nose.