T Nation

UFC 84 Predictions

just curious on what you giys think whos going to win this saturday’s ufc fights. here are my mine and why

tito-machida - tito wins ground and pound 2’nd round, i like machida, but i dont see tito losing in front of dana, his wanting to flip him off and telling him to fuck off will be his motivation. by the way, do you guys see his rolls-royce! not bad tito

axe murderer - the dean of mean - axe murderer all the way, the old silva will come out and destroy jardine, knock out 2 round

the prodigy - the muscle shark - i see the sean pulling it off. dont get me wrong, bj’s bad ass, but im going for the family guy on this one, he has more to prove. did you see his kids wrestling! the little sob’s can barely walk, but already wrestling! gotta love it

just my 2 cents worth

You’ve picked all 3 that i hope happen
As far as what I would bet on. Penn, Silva, Machida. Oh I hope they give tito the mic if he wins. Boy does Wanderlei need a win, he’s one of my favorite fighters. My pics are

Penn-RNC
Silva-KO
Machida-Decision

I REALLY can’t predict Penn vs. Sherk with any accuracy. Who the hell knows? BUT, if I have to go out on a limb I’ll say:

Penn vs. Sherk – Sherk via lay 'n pray

Jardine vs. Silva – Silva via mutilation

Ortiz vs. Machida – Ortiz via decision (probably involving a whole lot of laying and praying)

Penn by RNC in round 2

Wandy by, uh, pain (said with Mr. T’s accent) in round 3

Machida by decision

[quote]ultrafit wrote:
just curious on what you giys think whos going to win this saturday’s ufc fights. here are my mine and why

tito-machida - tito wins ground and pound 2’nd round, i like machida, but i dont see tito losing in front of dana, his wanting to flip him off and telling him to fuck off will be his motivation. by the way, do you guys see his rolls-royce! not bad tito

axe murderer - the dean of mean - axe murderer all the way, the old silva will come out and destroy jardine, knock out 2 round

the prodigy - the muscle shark - i see the sean pulling it off. dont get me wrong, bj’s bad ass, but im going for the family guy on this one, he has more to prove. did you see his kids wrestling! the little sob’s can barely walk, but already wrestling! gotta love it

just my 2 cents worth[/quote]

thiago silva is also on the card… hes got a tough opponent but it’ll be fun to see if he can keep his undefeated record. and also soko and nakamura. this is undoubtedly an elimination match. the loser loses a ufc contract.
i wouldnt call this card stacked but not bad, they got some dreams to catch up to…

and now the predictions…

ortiz will control gnp for a minute but i think machida can muster an escape and solid leg kicks on the feet. its a tough one to call because we haven’t seen tito in awhile… but i see a hard fought split decision goin to machida. this guy might be boring to watch but hes does what he has to to win.

wanderlei silva will win depending on his style. if he comes out offensive, which i hope, its gonna be a fuckin war with jardine. i can see them exchanging blows from inside the pocket. im dying to see some knees from wand… jardines tall but wands knees, man o man. wand via knee to the maxilla

i like penn a lot in this one. bj penn via manslaughter

My picks:

Penn
Axe Murderer
Machida
Silva

Beyond those guys, I don’t know.

One caveat: the prediction for Penn depends on which Penn shows up - pudgy Penn or actually working out Penn.

if you even remotely follow ufc u know that penn is no longer pudgy

even if he was he’d still whoop sherks ass

Penn
Silva by Murder
Tito decision

Wandy’s training is insane w/ the snorkel…talk about damn hardcore, he brings new meaning to the word.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:

even if he was he’d still whoop sherks ass[/quote]

Uh, I’ve been following it a long time. Long enough to know that BJ Penn lacks a solid work ethic. When he shows up in shape, he’s the best. When he doesn’t he loses. He gassed out against Hughes and lost. He looked underwhelming against Pulver during their title fight. Lately, he’s looked good.

Don’t we have a thread for that already?

Anyway, I hope it’s Machida, Penn & Silva.

Penn in 2nd by kemora
Wanderlie in first by tko
I want Ortiz to win, but he’ll lose by descision

[quote]BackDay wrote:
Penn
Silva by Murder
Tito decision

Wandy’s training is insane w/ the snorkel…talk about damn hardcore, he brings new meaning to the word.[/quote]

lol fuckin revolutionary i tell ya.
i dont agree with it though. id just put em in a cage with 3 fresh fighters rotating on sparring. and thats because thats wands style. fucking wildman punches and relentless knees. order and conservativeness doesn’t seem to fly with him. e.g. liddell vs silva.

although he did great in that fight…

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

Uh, I’ve been following it a long time. Long enough to know that BJ Penn lacks a solid work ethic. When he shows up in shape, he’s the best. When he doesn’t he loses. He gassed out against Hughes and lost. He looked underwhelming against Pulver during their title fight. Lately, he’s looked good. [/quote]

lol. guy, do u expect fighters to dominate every fight? pulver is WORLD CLASS. hughes is WORLD CLASS. if you see ANY of hughes’ ADCC matches you will know what i mean. the dood has phenomenal jiu jitsu, and olympic caliber wrestling on top of that. not to mention 170 is not bj’s natural weight class. and on TOP of that, penn got caught in a crucifix, which surely you havent experienced… otherwise you would know why penn just ate those elbows like a beast. and back to pulver. pulver is a beast. n whens hes pumped for a fight, hes disgusting. check out his WEC feud. pulver was at his best for that fight and he got trumped.

sorry, i just dont like it when ‘fans’ cant appreciate the level of competition these athletes are facing.

Silva by KO
Machida by decision
Penn by submission

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
BackDay wrote:
Penn
Silva by Murder
Tito decision

Wandy’s training is insane w/ the snorkel…talk about damn hardcore, he brings new meaning to the word.

lol fuckin revolutionary i tell ya.
i dont agree with it though. id just put em in a cage with 3 fresh fighters rotating on sparring. and thats because thats wands style. fucking wildman punches and relentless knees. [/quote]

Yeah, I see where you’re going with that. But I like the snorkel idea. It’s been a long standing method to train for “air” by restricting breathe, whether by mouthguard, or snorkel, or whatever. I believe that a sort of supercompensation effect takes place when you remove that impediment and get free breathe–makes it easier once you’ve gotten used to being restricted. 'course I’m not the expert, but I’ve heard of this being done in several sports…

Course you could always combine the two methods…

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

Uh, I’ve been following it a long time. Long enough to know that BJ Penn lacks a solid work ethic. When he shows up in shape, he’s the best. When he doesn’t he loses. He gassed out against Hughes and lost. He looked underwhelming against Pulver during their title fight. Lately, he’s looked good.

lol. guy, do u expect fighters to dominate every fight? pulver is WORLD CLASS. hughes is WORLD CLASS. if you see ANY of hughes’ ADCC matches you will know what i mean. the dood has phenomenal jiu jitsu, and olympic caliber wrestling on top of that. not to mention 170 is not bj’s natural weight class. and on TOP of that, penn got caught in a crucifix, which surely you havent experienced… otherwise you would know why penn just ate those elbows like a beast. and back to pulver. pulver is a beast. n whens hes pumped for a fight, hes disgusting. check out his WEC feud. pulver was at his best for that fight and he got trumped.

sorry, i just dont like it when ‘fans’ cant appreciate the level of competition these athletes are facing.
[/quote]

Ok.
http://www.google.com/search?q="bj+penn"+%2B"work+ethic"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I’m just hoping that wanderlei shaves his head so we can see his tattoo.

BJ
Tito
Wanderlei

I hope will win!

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

Ok.
http://www.google.com/search?q="bj+penn"+%2B"work+ethic"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
[/quote]

http://www.makesomesense.com

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

penn stunned me for sure. no bjj, all strikes. i think it coulda gone farther if sherk didnt hurt his right hand, which was very noticeable, at least to me. only dissapointment, if you can call it that, was like the 10 second ko by silva. I wanted to see a war. or atleast a 1 minute ko.