UFC 78

[quote]shaddeau34 wrote:
I saw last night that DirecTV was packaging 77, 78, and 79, with some other stuff (a tapout beenie is all that I can remember right now) for the price of the 3 cards ($120 SD, $150 HD). It looks like the marketing people agree, 78 is pretty suspect.[/quote]

Still paying $40 per card and getting some junk I don’t want for free. Thanks but no thanks.

[quote]Chewie wrote:

There may be hope. [/quote]

I think they will make this fight, but it will be at UFC 79. No use putting whipped cream on a turd.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Chewie wrote:

There may be hope.

I think they will make this fight, but it will be at UFC 79. No use putting whipped cream on a turd.[/quote]

“Whipped cream on a turd” that one made me lol. I’m going to use that one from now on.

The one thing I have found is that the worse cards usually have the best fights. I still would rather see one of the Pride GP cards come back. Or at least something comparable.

Very true. I thought Pride 33 was the worst card ever, and it turned out to be the most thrilling night of MMA I have ever witnessed.

The real reason Tito vs Dan won’t probably happen until 79 is because Tito has one fight left on his contract and they are negotiating an extension. It won’t probably get wrapped up for a couple of more weeks and by then there isn’t enough time for a full camp for that fight.

I’ll probably head to the bar for this one. I’m a bit intrigued to see Houston Alexander fight some more, still trying to decide if he’s a legit contender, obviously he can knock a motherfucker out, but could he hang if he is pressed or taken down.

If Karo fights Koschek as is being rumored that would be a potentially great fight, unless Kos returns to his lay and pray gameplan of his earlier days. And Frank Edgar vs Fisher should be a good scrap. All in all not a great great card, but it’ll better than a lot of the other crap I’ve watched.