UFC 78: Macho Catchphrase Here

I forget what they’re calling it, but what about the predictions?

I’m seeing Rashad smacking around Bisping for a 2nd round TKO.

Alexander d. Silva 1st round KO

Karo d. Chonan UD

And I forget what the other fights are.

I just can’t pay for this one. I can’t believe Dana is charging for it either. This should be a freebie on Spike.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I just can’t pay for this one. I can’t believe Dana is charging for it either. This should be a freebie on Spike. [/quote]

But the main event features 2 undefeated fighters!!! Rashad Evans and Bisping are giant killers. Just look at who they’ve beaten!

And another fight is between one undefeated fighter and one who’s undefeated in the UFC!! This is a card for the ages, and Dana is a genius for putting it together.

/not so subtle sarcasm.

Yeah the card sucks, but who knows, they may wind up being decent fights that I will gladly watch…on dailymotion.

Hopefully the event does badly enough with regard to PPV buys that it teaches the UFC never, ever to offer up such a shitty card for one of their major events again. At least not unless it’s free.

For God’s sake, the Rampage vs. Henderson event was free!!! And THIS they’re charging for?!

No thanks.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Hopefully the event does badly enough with regard to PPV buys that it teaches the UFC never, ever to offer up such a shitty card for one of their major events again. At least not unless it’s free.

For God’s sake, the Rampage vs. Henderson event was free!!! And THIS they’re charging for?!

No thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, completely agree.

Rashad vs. Tito was definitely not an exciting fight. And Bisping got a freaking early Christmas present in the “win” over Hamill. Neither of these fighters deserves a shot at the title IMO (and which ever one of them does win is going to get annihilated by Rampage if you ask me).

Won’t be watching this. Could care less about it.

-Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping
-Karo Parisyan (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Ryo Chonan
-Spencer Fisher vs. Frankie Edgar
-Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
-Joe Doerksen vs. Ed Herman

I don’t know, there isn’t a big headline fight, but if there was a title fight this card, it would have a very solid undercard…except for Doerksen vs Herman I want to see the other fights. Especially Alexander as I’m curious to see what will happen if he can’t blow the guy up in the first couple of minutes or gets taken to the ground.

[quote]slimjim wrote:

I don’t know, there isn’t a big headline fight, but if there was a title fight this card, it would have a very solid undercard…except for Doerksen vs Herman I want to see the other fights. Especially Alexander as I’m curious to see what will happen if he can’t blow the guy up in the first couple of minutes or gets taken to the ground.[/quote]

Yeah. I basically agree. I think Edgar is tough and like his fighting style so I am looking forward to that match and am also curious to see what happens with Houston.

I don’t have to pay for this one as I won a bet on the Silva/Franklin fight so no emotion attached to the purchase. Free fight and Vitamin H(eineken) all night long. Can’t complain.

I concur with slimjim.

IMO, excluding the lackluster main event, this is the best top-to-bottom card the UFC has put out in a LONG time. Fisher-Edgar, Alexander-Silva, and Parisyan-Chonan are all awesome fights. Herman-Doerksen is a solid fight considering that Doerksen is a late replacement. If any of the undercard fights (Lytle-Alves, Lauzon-Reinhardt, Aurelio-Caudillo, Gono-McCroy) make it onto the broadcast, this PPV will be epic.

Also, say what you will about Evans-Bisping, but while it is not main event material, it certainly is a solid main card fight. Fights between two undefeated top 20ish fighters don’t happen all that often.

[quote]slimjim wrote:

I don’t know, there isn’t a big headline fight, but if there was a title fight this card, it would have a very solid undercard…except for Doerksen vs Herman I want to see the other fights. Especially Alexander as I’m curious to see what will happen if he can’t blow the guy up in the first couple of minutes or gets taken to the ground.[/quote]

I feel the same way.

Alexander-Silva should be a very entertaining fight. I think Alexander will be in trouble if the fight goes to the ground, though, as Silva has good skill there.

Spencer Fisher always puts on a good show and Edgar is a tough opponent. I think this will be a really good fight.

Karo always brings it and it wll be interesting to see Chonan in the UFC.

Evans-Bisping to me isn’t that exciting of a fight. Evans is coming off a gift draw against an injured and under-trained Tito Ortiz and Bisping was given a hometown gift in his decision “win” over Hamill. Not sure why, but I see Bisping winning this fight.

I won’t be paying to watch, but I might go catch it down at the local bar.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
slimjim wrote:

I don’t know, there isn’t a big headline fight, but if there was a title fight this card, it would have a very solid undercard…except for Doerksen vs Herman I want to see the other fights. Especially Alexander as I’m curious to see what will happen if he can’t blow the guy up in the first couple of minutes or gets taken to the ground.

I feel the same way.

Alexander-Silva should be a very entertaining fight. I think Alexander will be in trouble if the fight goes to the ground, though, as Silva has good skill there.

Spencer Fisher always puts on a good show and Edgar is a tough opponent. I think this will be a really good fight.

Karo always brings it and it wll be interesting to see Chonan in the UFC.

Evans-Bisping to me isn’t that exciting of a fight. Evans is coming off a gift draw against an injured and under-trained Tito Ortiz and Bisping was given a hometown gift in his decision “win” over Hamill. Not sure why, but I see Bisping winning this fight.

I won’t be paying to watch, but I might go catch it down at the local bar.[/quote]

Yes I do not think this is that bad either. I am also interested in seeing Chonan in the UFC at welterweight which seems to be a better suited weight class for him.

WWW.SOPCAST.ORG download the player, and tune into MMA-TV channel. free, like this card should be.

That was fucking rubbish.

Evans and Bisping looked like shit. Bisping looked like he had the gas tank to push the fight a lot harder than he did but he just had no answers. Evans looked out of shape.

Alexander got exposed, Karo was lackluster.

The fact that they didn’t show Gono’s pimptacular victory only makes this more rubbish.

[quote]AdamC wrote:
That was fucking rubbish.

Evans and Bisping looked like shit. Bisping looked like he had the gas tank to push the fight a lot harder than he did but he just had no answers. Evans looked out of shape.

Alexander got exposed, Karo was lackluster. [/quote]

Amen.

On a side note, how 'bout Ed Herman with a KO? Also, does anyone think Ed looks like he lost a lot of weight? He looks almost sickly.

-dizzle

Herman looked pretty solid. He’s coming along well. Houston got exposed big time. Now it’s Soko’s turn.

The funny part is that the untelevised portion was actually more entertaining than the main card.

Doesn’t sound like I missed anything special. I was planning to go out and watch it, but was too tired so I stayed home.

Sounds like Alexander was exposed. The main event didn’t sound that exciting, kind of what I was expecting. I don’t think the win helps Evans any, though, as he’s still not going to be considered a threat to the LHW big guns.

Wonder what’s been going on with Karo? He alluded to some personal problems in his post-fight interview. Didn’t sound like the usual Karo fight.

Well, hopefully next month’s PPV will live up to the hype.