UFC 76: Knockout

What the in holy fuck is going on in MMA? What’s next? Fedor gets KTFO by Ken Shamrock?

I don’t even know what to say anymore. Chuck and Shogun just totally mind-fucked the middleweight division.

Ah…er…eh…fuck.

Damn it all to pus-spewing blood gutted hell.

All my careful analysis goes OUT THE WINDOW everytime I try anything in the LHW division. Worst part is, I didn’t even get to see the card…not that I’d change my night–I had to see a friend off to Germany where he’s moving, so I had a farewell party. But damn it all!!

I guess I’ll have to buy the card anyway.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Fitnessdiva wrote:
I agree with all, but I think(or at least want) Fitch will beat Sanchez. Jardine v Liddell is a joke basically record padding for Liddell. Shogun will beat Forrest easily, I don’t think it will go out of the first round.

its cute when girls try to chime in with the guys and act like they know what they’re talking about. [/quote]

I know more than you think.

And once again, we are all robbed of a fight we have been begging for since 2003.

Keith Jardine completely surprised me because in the cage before the fight, he gave his handlers a look like “go start the car. I’m making a run for it.” He just plain old whupped Chuck, who looked a lot like Mike Tyson in his later years. He kept looking for that one big shot. He and Wandy should and could still fight IMO.

After the Forrest fight I said “no fuckin’ way!” for about 5 minutes. He is in Couture’s camp though, so they definitely had a game plan set up and Forrest executed perfectly. I think he should get the title shot because his loss is now better than Jardine’s. Rematch maybe, for the #1 contender spot?

Not only did Shogun look flat, but Nakamura looked like a jelly bean out there. Granted he was never shredded, but he did look better in Pride. Could it be the steroid policy in the U.S.? I don’t know, since Shogun fought great in his other two fights in Vegas.

I’m starting to like Diego a little more now. He’s not as much of a dick and showed a lot of class after that fight.

Shogun is past his prime and after seeing his last fight I knew he would lose this to Forrest.
Nice slugfest with Chuck and Jardine Not one shot or takedown attempt. Someone should have taken that fight to the ground. Entertaining to watch but poor game plan by both in an MMA contest.

Best UFC card in a while.

I think this is the first one I have purchased where all of the fights went the distance. I know Shogun tapped - but with 18 seconds left in the 3rd.

With the exception of the Machida/Nakamura fight, they were all excellent fights.

I think the Griffin/Taveres fight was the fight of the night.

Fitch pretty much owned Diego all night. His submission defense was worth the money alone. I don’t think Sanchez won a round. But anytime Diego loses is a good night for me.

Forrest frustrated Shogun early, and had him gassed by the middle of the 2nd round. Looked to me like Shogun quit with 30 seconds left in the 3rd. But I’m not expert.

Chuck never looked like he was mentally into the fight. He needs to decide if he wants to fight or party. No way Jardine should have won - and won so decisively. I don’t know which judge gave Chuck the fight - because I damn sure didn’t see him even winning a single round.

Liddell-Jardine (two rounds)

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/liddell/video/x31n9r_keithjardinevschuckliddellufc76rnd2_sport

Rua-Griffin

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/ufc/video/x31k73_ufc76-shogun-griffin_sport

both have a slight sound lag, but WTH, enjoy

[quote]oldcrabbybastard wrote:
Shogun is past his prime and after seeing his last fight I knew he would lose this to Forrest./quote]

supreme bullshit

They were decent fights. I don’t know a lot about the UFC, but I was watching it last night and it was entertaining… which I rarely say about anything that goes on in that league. I like Chuck Liddel mostly because he’s the only guy I know in there, and I know he likes standing toe-to-toe, and I admire that. It’s a shame he lost. But, like Apollo said, “It’s a shame we gotta get old, Stallion”.

What I will never understand is why bars show this shit. Every juiced up guido ends up talking about it like they know everything about this shit even though they’ve never done it. It gets worse as they get drunk, and next thing you know everyone thinks they’re Chuck Liddell and trying to bang out in the parking lot. Amazing.

[quote]oldcrabbybastard wrote:
I see Forest pulling out a surprise victory. I hope Diego Gets knocked out. [/quote]

Call bullshit on this? Shogun is a badass. A badass who is past his prime.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
And once again, we are all robbed of a fight we have been begging for since 2003.

[/quote]

Nice to see Wandi feels the same as the rest of us.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
What I will never understand is why bars show this shit. Every juiced up guido ends up talking about it like they know everything about this shit even though they’ve never done it. It gets worse as they get drunk, and next thing you know everyone thinks they’re Chuck Liddell and trying to bang out in the parking lot. Amazing.[/quote]

As long as I get to be Rampage, I don’t see a problem with that.

these kind of fight cards (despite their obvious quality and caliber of fights) make me want to dive through a window. The upsets of great fighters is boo, but props to the winners.

Forrest really banged his out and worked hard for that win, and I am a huge shogun jock-rider saying that. With liddel jardine we all know that that could go either way. they both had residual concussions and that makes either of them susceptible to that flash KO. In that fight no one really won. Chuck may have lost but jardine looked like he got hit in the face with a clown car for 15 minutes.

I knew Nak would get owned despite his obtuse coolness.

Good on diego for not pretending he has two dicks. Fitch is hella strong and played the best game.

I fuking hate this upset city.

-chris

The reason Chuck lost…

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Jason32 wrote:
The reason Chuck lost…

I think the real reason Chuck lost is because he can’t stand with a hard puncher.

Don’t get me wrong he’s got a devastating punch. And that punch works well against grapplers. He’s got enough defensive wrestling ability to ward off most wrestlers, and then hit them with a bomb when the opportunity arises.

But against another puncher…lights out.

[/quote]

True 'nuff, but the partying doesn’t help either…

I was expecting Shogun to win, for obvious reasons. But I’m glad Forrest won, he is a nice guy, and obviously worked hard for this fight.