UFC 75 on Spike Rampage - Hendo

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet … Rampage vs Hendo - Free TV

Their last “free” show on Spike was long and drawn out. Too many commercials. I would rather pay to see the fights with less BS between them.

Can’t beat that price though.

There’s just as much BS on the PPV’s. They take 15-20 minutes between each fight. They nearly left off the Florian fight on the last PPV b/c so many of the fights went the distance and with all their pre-fight hype, they were right up against the time limit.

I’m excited that this is going to be on Spike. I missed the last overseas PPV b/c it came on in the middle of the afternoon.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
Their last “free” show on Spike was long and drawn out. Too many commercials. I would rather pay to see the fights with less BS between them.[/quote]

Tivo it and start watching an hour into it, should be enough time to fast forward through commericals and be caught up to near live by main event time.

I am fine with seeing movie previews when it’s free, but hell, I pay $40 and have to sit through a romantic comedy trailier on the pay per view and I feel like kicking someone in the dick.

Nice! I’ll just have to remember to set the Tivo and start watching it about 3 hours in. Maybe by that time I will catch up to live TV after scanning through all the commercials.

Still, I’d rather watch commercials for free than pay $40 for 3 good fights.

Yeah, it’s cool that it’s free. Hopefully the Rampage-Hendo fight is a good, long brawl.

I didn’t understand why the put the Florian fight AFTER the main event last time. Why on earth did they do that?

[quote]Damici wrote:

I didn’t understand why the put the Florian fight AFTER the main event last time. Why on earth did they do that?[/quote]

PPV providers sell Zuffa a fixed time slot for their events, and they will cut off the broadcast if the fights extend past that time slot. Zuffa had a number of main events get chopped off in the early days of their ownership of the UFC.

Their solution to this problem was to designate a ‘swing’ bout for each UFC broadcast. The swing bout is scheduled to air before the main event, but will get bumped to after the the main event if they are running behind schedule. The swing bout is not advertised as part of the main card, so it is not a problem if it ends up being held off the air.

Florian-Robinson was the swing bout for UFC 73, and when the first three fights of the main card went the distance, they decided to delay the swing bout to the end of the event. Fortunately, Silva finished Marquardt early in the main event, and we got to see the swing bout after all.

YAY

If this is true and it is free on Spike, I can’t wait, I’ve seen a lot of replayed rampage fights (pride reruns on FSN), but never a live one.

This is awesome!

Rampage vs. Henderson
Crocop vs. Kongo
Bisping vs. Hamill

And it’s FREE! I can’t wait!