UFC 71 Thread

Rogan is cool!

Carl is trying to sing this terrible song (please reread that, Car is signing a song in the post fight interview). The song is terrible, Rogan saves the moment my telling Carl that his singing sucks but his Judo is good.

His name is Karo and not carl, sorry about that. I forgot that he is Armenian.

I am a little pissed about something…I paid $50 bucks for this fuckin thing and I have to watch a commerical for Hostel part 2?

p.s.
Bijou Phillips is a fuckin dumbass.

Hey Mike thanks alot for this, I ussally buy the ppv’s but $$$ is tight this month,

thanks man

It is 12:13 a.m. EST and Chuck is heading into the ring!

Here we go!
Round 1 ia up!

[quote]KO421 wrote:
Hey Mike thanks alot for this, I ussally buy the ppv’s but $$$ is tight this month,

thanks man[/quote]
No problem. Glad I could help you guys!
I hope I am doing a good job covering the show.

Rampage has that look like Clubber Lang in the first fight of Rocky III
Chuck had better be ready!

Rampage knocks Chuck out!

This one is going to have some controversy but Chuck was dazed by a big right by rampage.

Big John did the right thing stopping the fight.
Whether chuck want’s to admit it, he was out.

Wow!

Lidell was out, early my ass. My man rampage pulled it out!

Did he knock chuck out in round 1? what happend.

the more I watch the film, I can see what Chuck is talking about.
He does look like he might be able to defend himself, but, what is done is done and chuck was hit pretty hard by that right.
I would like to hear what other people have to say.

I am so fucing happy right now I could die.

Year of the upset continues.

While the unpredictability is fun, ultimately, UFC needs guys to hold onto the belts for long reigns, or else, it’s going to be hard to create superstars, which translate to PPV buys.

Liddell did have a 2-year run, just that with all the other title winners losing this year, this wasn’t the time for him to lose. But, such is life.

Rampage can be a big star in the U.S. I just hope he successfully defends the belt a few times.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

This one is going to have some controversy but Chuck was dazed by a big right by rampage.

Wow![/quote]

Damn! No one saw that coming. White brought Rampage to the UFC so that Liddell could beat him and avenge his loss… I don’t think that he ever imaged that Liddell would get knocked-out in the first round.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

Wow![/quote]

in round 1? NICE! I will just have to wait for youtube/dailymotion tommarow, lol

[quote]jjoseph_x wrote:
MikeShank wrote:

Wow!

Damn! No one saw that coming. White brought Rampage to the UFC so that Liddell could beat him and avenge his loss… I don’t think that he ever imaged that Liddell would get knocked-out in the first round.

[/quote]

Maybe you didn’t see that coming, alot of people saw that coming because it happened 3 1/2 years ago. Just not that quick. Chuck got KTFO!

I would just like to say: I had Liddell picked for the win, but that aside: FUCK all the fans in the arena tonight who booed Rampage. Just… FUCK them. It made me feel kind of sick.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Year of the upset continues.

While the unpredictability is fun, ultimately, UFC needs guys to hold onto the belts for long reigns, or else, it’s going to be hard to create superstars, which translate to PPV buys.

Liddell did have a 2-year run, just that with all the other title winners losing this year, this wasn’t the time for him to lose. But, such is life.

Rampage can be a big star in the U.S. I just hope he successfully defends the belt a few times.[/quote]

This isn’t a big upset at all. The line was only so wide because every teenager in America thinks Chuck is God.

Page beat his ass up the first time, and this time he did it ever harder to an older Chuck who hasn’t been pushed for a long time. Rampage has a superstar personality, he’ll do just fine for them.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:
the more I watch the film, I can see what Chuck is talking about.
He does look like he might be able to defend himself, but, what is done is done and chuck was hit pretty hard by that right.
I would like to hear what other people have to say.[/quote]

yeah and if you read chuck lips when he was sitting down after the ko his exact words were “what happened?” plus look at chuck when he’s trying to get up after the fight is called rampage is to his right and he has this dazed look focusing at some imaginary object to his left.

I’m not even taking into account the fact that his arms went limp when he was on the ground getting pounded. like it or not chuck fans the fight was clean no controversy here…

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Year of the upset continues.[/quote]

Why was this an upset? I thought the fight was too close to call. Did you think Jackson had no serious chance of winning?

I don’t mean to direct this at you personally, but given the fact that Jackson was not a serious underdog, “upset” is a misnomer.