UFC 67

GODDAMN I’m still upset over that Lutter fight. He had the mount and he lost the fight. If you are a professed BJJ fighter and claim that you are far better than your opponent on the ground, you cannot ask for a better position than the mount. He had that fucking mount and he swung the slowest punches I have ever seen.

I can’t believe he let his weight get so out of control and he took his cutting process so lightly. He looked gassed before he even started fighting. GODDAMN he almost had that fight. Oh well, his career is pretty much over. And how about that Griffin-Sanchez fight? Now THAT was exciting. And that Terry Martin shit was very impressive. All in all, a very confusing and mixed feeling night in the UFC.

Oh, and by the way the Crocop and Rampage fights were just about as overhyped as overhyped gets.

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
GODDAMN I’m still upset over that Lutter fight. He had the mount and he lost the fight. If you are a professed BJJ fighter and claim that you are far better than your opponent on the ground, you cannot ask for a better position than the mount. He had that fucking mount and he swung the slowest punches I have ever seen.

I can’t believe he let his weight get so out of control and he took his cutting process so lightly. He looked gassed before he even started fighting. GODDAMN he almost had that fight. Oh well, his career is pretty much over. And how about that Griffin-Sanchez fight? Now THAT was exciting. And that Terry Martin shit was very impressive. All in all, a very confusing and mixed feeling night in the UFC.

Oh, and by the way the Crocop and Rampage fights were just about as overhyped as overhyped gets. [/quote]

Lutter looked like crap, like a POW that had gotten tortured for the last decade or two

that griffin vs Sanchez fight was just awesome. You can really tell Joe Rogan is smoking alot more weed than he ussaly does before doing an event. I think the cohost might have been taking a puff or two as well they where both real giddy and saying some odd stuff.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! Go Frankie GOOOOOOOOOOO. Straight up unanimous decision over Griffin! Go RHINO Go!!!

Eddie Sanchez packed it in early after a few shots.
Lutter is smarter(except for the weight thing) than Leben and Franklin combined. He actually did the right thing and didn’t pretend he had some shot standing up. Lutter is smarter than Eddie also.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! Go Frankie GOOOOOOOOOOO. Straight up unanimous decision over Griffin! Go RHINO Go!!![/quote]

Yeah great fight…i hope is knee is alright though. That knee bar looked naaaaaaassssssty, as Rogan would say. Showed a lot of guts.

Overall the main card did not match the hype. I enjoyed the Silva v Lutter fight. At least he made a fight of it. Rampage looked nervous as hell, and so was i cos i love the guy. But he got the job done. Sanchez was clearly shitting in his pants and we didn’t get to see the highlight reel ko.

The fans were pissing me off tonight. Way too many boo boys.

And Rampage’s black on black crime comment cracked me up. It’s the way he delivers them.

ufc 67 was just ok, but very excited about the 2 new additions.How about the next to ufc’s? The fightcard for ufc 68 is unbelievable. Also finally sanchez and koscheck get it on in ufc 69. That fight will probably be better than the main event. Nobody is going to touch GSP for along time and I think sanchez will pull out a victory, but I’ve been wrong before…

[quote]UFCFighter wrote:
finally sanchez and koscheck get it on in ufc 69. That fight will probably be better than the main event.[/quote]

You think so?

Their fight on TUF1 was an absolute snoozefest. I suspect we’ll see more of the same with Koscheck scoring takedowns and trying to L&P while Sanchez plays defense and does just enough damage to ride out a UD.

[quote]oldcrabbybastard wrote:
I don’t know much about Sanchez other than he looked WAY outclassed and overpowered by Crocop. All of the Pride fighters won convincingly which I’m sure will settle/spark more debates as to which league has the superior fighters.[/quote]

Anyone who wants to debate that after tonight’s fights is mentally handicapped. The number 2 HW in the world and the number 5 or 6 LHW versus guys so far down in the rankings they’re in the mantle of the earth’s crust. Mirko versus Timmah and AA and Rampage versus Chuck are the reasons they were brought over, this was just a formality.

And Rampage’s personality is pure gold.

i never saw cro cop fight before you could hear his kicks on the tv he is fucking scary fast.

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
i never saw cro cop fight before you could hear his kicks on the tv he is fucking scary fast.[/quote]

You ain’t seen nothing yet. Here are three of Mirko’s nastiest finishes against top-level competition.

Cro Cop versus Igor Vovchanchyn
http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/Cro%2BCop%2BVovchanchyn/video/xuv70_mirko-cro-cop-vs-igor-vovchanchyn

Cro Cop versus Wanderlei Silva
http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/cro%2Bcop%2Bsilva/video/xdqrw_mirko-crocop-vs-wanderlei-silva

Cro Cop versus Aleksander Emelianenko
http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/cro%2Bcop%2Bpride/video/xd3q9_pride-finalcro-cop-vs-emelianenkoa

FYI, dailymotion is a great site for catching up on old MMA clips. Their server is based in France and they have thus far rebuked any attempts to get them to remove copyrighted content.

Yeah, Crocop just looked like a well-programmed robot waiting to strike, and every time he kicked it was just this BOOM!!! Like a precision machine. And he’s got some BIG freaking legs.

Crocop vs. Eddie Sanchez:

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/ufc%2B67/video/x14mvx_mirkofilipovicvseddiesanchez

So apparently the reason Anderson’s take down defense wasn’t the greatest was from a knee surgery 11 weeks ago. This didn’t allow him to sprawl well or make the triangle as tight as he could.

This is from Joe Rogan by the way, who heard it from his manager. I like the fact that Anderson didn’t say it himself.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Yeah, Crocop just looked like a well-programmed robot waiting to strike, and every time he kicked it was just this BOOM!!! Like a precision machine. And he’s got some BIG freaking legs.[/quote]

Sanchez wasn’t a good opponent though. Like Rogan said, he’s was just a sacrificial lamb for CroCop’s debut.

Aside from his opening flurry, he spent most of the time running, and keeping his right hand glued to his temple to try to guard against the high left kick.

He was so afraid of counter attacks that he didn’t want to commit to any punches… they were all half-hearted attempts.

It was purely a squash job.

At least the Rampage fight was more evenly matched.

No guys, Eddie Sanchez tried to push the action. He said so in the post fight interview. However, he says he couldn’t be as aggressive as he wanted to because the mat was slippery. He also says Mirko’s kicks don’t hurt.

Man, I hate excuses. That’s the beauty of fights, no teammates to blame stuff on, it’s all about you. Or in this case, just blame the mat.

I agree, it was just a scheduled slaughter. Nevertheless, Crocop is impressive to watch.

[quote]jjoseph_x wrote:
Damici wrote:
Yeah, Crocop just looked like a well-programmed robot waiting to strike, and every time he kicked it was just this BOOM!!! Like a precision machine. And he’s got some BIG freaking legs.

Sanchez wasn’t a good opponent though. Like Rogan said, he’s was just a sacrificial lamb for CroCop’s debut.

Aside from his opening flurry, he spent most of the time running, and keeping his right hand glued to his temple to try to guard against the high left kick.

He was so afraid of counter attacks that he didn’t want to commit to any punches… they were all half-hearted attempts.

It was purely a squash job.

At least the Rampage fight was more evenly matched.
[/quote]

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
No guys, Eddie Sanchez tried to push the action. He said so in the post fight interview. However, he says he couldn’t be as aggressive as he wanted to because the mat was slippery. He also says Mirko’s kicks don’t hurt.

Man, I hate excuses. That’s the beauty of fights, no teammates to blame stuff on, it’s all about you. Or in this case, just blame the mat.[/quote]

Did Eddie really say that? Eddie can say whatever he wants but the truth is on tape. Yeah he was circling to his left like you should against a southpaw, but he was so far out that he couldn’t set himself up.

After the intial engagement he backed off. He can say it was something else, but when guys do that it means they want no part of their opponent. His chin rose everytime he threw his hands and he rarely committed.

He threw some right hand leads like you are supposed to against a southpaw. His technique was poor. I saw his workout and the gap in skills between him and Crocop was Grand Canyonesque. I hate it when guys talk like that after such a non-competitive fight. Ridiculous.

Does anyone know the lineup yet for UFC 68?

[quote]Damici wrote:
Does anyone know the lineup yet for UFC 68?[/quote]

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=2965&zoneid=14

UFC 68: MARCH 3, 2007 IN COLUMBUS, OHIO (Nationwide Arena)

-Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Randy Couture
-Matt Hughes (#2 Welterweight)* vs. Chris Lytle
-Rich Franklin (#5 Middleweight)* vs. Jason MacDonald
-Renato “Babalu” Sobral (#6 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Jason Lambert
-Jon Fitch (#7 Welterweight)* vs. Luigi Fioravanti
-Matt Hamill vs. Rex Holman
-Martin Kampmann vs. Drew McFedries
-Jamie Varner vs. TBA

Kampmann-McFedries should be a war. Hopefully it makes the broadcast.

Hammill-Holman will be a 15 minutes of dry-humping. Hopefully it does NOT make the broadcast.