UFC 66****Spoiler Alert

Interesting thing was just said by Rogan, with cro cop in UFC, Cro cop can make 205.
Can you imagine cro cop versus liddel?
both have great takedown defense, but I would actually have to give cro cop the advantage in striking.

I see this as a bad, bad matchup for chuck
But first chuck has to beat rampage!
This looks like an exciting 2007.

Seeing Leben go to sleep made me laugh. I hate that fucking guy.

Chuck is a beast. Tito looked as good as Tito can look and had nothing to hurt him with. They need to bring in Diet Nog or Arona. I believe Rampage can pull off a win, but Rampage just isn’t the same fighter he used to be. I hope that changes in a new environment.

UFC 67 is going to be fucking nuts, Rampage, GSP, and Cro Cop. That’s three of my favorite fighters right there, it should be a good show.

[quote]brand wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:
Alright Chuck! I thought he would take that one and he did. You know there’s gonna be a Liddell/Ortiz 3 it’s only a matter of time. Goddamn I should have bought this one. Thanks for the thread man.

I doubt we will see Liddell/Ortiz 3. If they split their first 2 fights for sure, but not with Chuck winning both. Jackson vs. Liddell will be coming for sure. [/quote]

How bout Chuck vs the axe murderer

As much as I like Chuck, I think that Jackson could have the advantage in this one. He’s got some serious strength and explosiveness. If he went and slammed Liddell, I’d shit myself. Dana is really taking the UFC in the right direction.

[quote]orangecola wrote:
Alves wins by Ref Stoppage over Desouza.

Alves really just pounded the hell out of Desouza. Desouza tried hard to put the fight to the ground, but he couldn’t get past Alves’s sprawl. After absorbing a ton of nasty blows, Desouza got desperate and tried some pretty sloppy attacks which resulted in Alves hitting him with a nasty knee strike to the face.
[/quote]

Anyone else notice that Desouza’s knee was on the mat when Alves hit him with that knee? It would be a crappy way to win, but rules are rules.

I’m actually kind of interested in Rashaad vs Chuck…I can’t stand Rashaad’s fighting style, but I’m curious as to whether or not he could take Chuck down. Interesting things coming up in the UFC this year.

I don’t know if it was just me, but Lidell looked cautious when talking about the rampage rematch post fight. I was really dissapointed in the fight. Lidell didn’t push, was unagressive and seemed almost “disinterested” until that last “flurry”.

One of my buddies said he looked almost like he was toying with Ortiz. Part of me thinks Dana White told 'em to drag it out a bit. Whatever went down, it wasn’t a very interesting fight. Happy new years.

[quote]orangecola wrote:
Lidell wins!!!

A huge exchange of punches and Lidell hit’s a nasty combination started by a sick uppercut followed by a ton of heavy blows while on top of Ortiz.

winner by t.k.o. chuck liddell!!![/quote]

I don’t understand why the ref stopped it in the 3rd when it appeared that Tito was still moving and blocking when he didn’t stop it in the first after Tito got dropped and Chuck was pounding on him for awhile. At least there isn’t any excuse from Tito about getting jabbed in the eye on this one.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I don’t know if it was just me, but Lidell looked cautious when talking about the rampage rematch post fight. I was really dissapointed in the fight. Lidell didn’t push, was unagressive and seemed almost “disinterested” until that last “flurry”.

One of my buddies said he looked almost like he was toying with Ortiz. Part of me thinks Dana White told 'em to drag it out a bit. Whatever went down, it wasn’t a very interesting fight. Happy new years.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. He looked almost like he was playing with him to humiliate him then finish him off. Either that or he was waiting for the absolute perfect shot to really rip Ortizs’ head off but it never came. Good fights overall.

If and when Chuck fights Rampage I will go with Rampage. Mirko is gunning for Tim Sylvia. That will be such a lop sided fight, Tim has no chance and no other heavyweight would either against Mirko. I thought it was strange for Rampage and Mirko to come to UFC, I guess since Wanderlei Silva is light heavyweight champ and Rampage has no chance against him, he would have a much better chance in the UFC. Same with Mirko, he can’t beat Fedor but he will be the next UFC heavyweight champ.
Whatever happened with the Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva fight???

Silva would’ve killed Chuck. This UFC 66 was the best this year, all fights were awesome. Leban got chocked out bad, in the end it looked like he tried to tap out twice very weakly, watch the replay at the end and you’ll see his right arm trying to tap. Awesome!!!

Anyone on here think the ref stopped the Ortiz Liddell fight a little early? When Chuck was hitting him on the ground it looked as though only two punches got through. The rest just hit tito in the arm.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
Anyone on here think the ref stopped the Ortiz Liddell fight a little early? When Chuck was hitting him on the ground it looked as though only two punches got through. The rest just hit tito in the arm.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Tito was in more trouble in the first round and the ref let it go, so why couldn’t the ref do the same in round 3? I guess that referee thought things would only get worse for Tito in that position.

Anyone have links to the fights yet?

Found it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9022596213053321567&q=ufc+66

[quote]Jason32 wrote:
Found it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9022596213053321567&q=ufc+66 [/quote]

Nice find! Thanks!

[quote]E-man wrote:
Either that or he was waiting for the absolute perfect shot to really rip Ortizs’ head off but it never came. Good fights overall.
[/quote]

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. I definitely dont think dana told them to drag it out - Chuck almost ended it in the first. I thought the fight was a good one, not all time great, but definitely interesting. Probably first tiem I’ve seen chuck push the action rather than counter-punching.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
orangecola wrote:
Alves wins by Ref Stoppage over Desouza.

Alves really just pounded the hell out of Desouza. Desouza tried hard to put the fight to the ground, but he couldn’t get past Alves’s sprawl. After absorbing a ton of nasty blows, Desouza got desperate and tried some pretty sloppy attacks which resulted in Alves hitting him with a nasty knee strike to the face.

Anyone else notice that Desouza’s knee was on the mat when Alves hit him with that knee? It would be a crappy way to win, but rules are rules.
[/quote]

I didn’t notice that, but his shoots were constantly coming from a long way out with his arms open, more of a tackle than a shoot, he was bound to catch that knee sooner or later…

[quote]nanjingldv wrote:

[/quote]

Silva issued the challenge but the fight never happened because he got his ass kicked by Cro Cop. You can’t have a loser fighting a winner.

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
nanjingldv wrote:

Silva issued the challenge but the fight never happened because he got his ass kicked by Cro Cop. You can’t have a loser fighting a winner.

[/quote]

It was a money issue with Wanderlei. Pride pay more than UFC. I’m suprise they can afford Cro Cop, Rampage and Heath Herring.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

One of my buddies said he looked almost like he was toying with Ortiz. Part of me thinks Dana White told 'em to drag it out a bit. Whatever went down, it wasn’t a very interesting fight. Happy new years.[/quote]

you were watching the monson vs. sylvia re-run. i hope you didn’t pay full price.