T Nation

UFC 66****Spoiler Alert

Do not friggin read this unless you want to know what happened.

Here are the results so far:

Michael Bisping win by k.o. over Eric Schafer

Schafer dominated early on with a couple of good takedowns but Bisping was obviously a superior striker. Schafer basically wrestled himself out and once fatigued was easy target for Bisping’s kicks and punches. Like a shark smelling blood in the water, Bisping pretty much tore Schafer apart with a nasty shin kick to Schafer’s face and then finished him off with punches.

Andre Arlovski win by k.o. over Marcio Cruz

Some controversy here, the fight quickly went to the ground which looked to be to Cruz’s advantage. After an illegel kick to the face was delivered by Arlovski while both fighters were on their backs trying for simultaneus knee locks, the ref warned Arlovski and the second the ref stopped his warning, arlovski (while sitting on his butt) throws a nasty punch basically knocking out Cruz . Arlovski finished off Cruz with strikes from the top position.
Controversial because Cruz was obviously not ready after the seeminly prolonged warning by the ref. I couldn’t even tell that the ref was ready for them to fight again and I was watching it on t.v. I think Cruz has a legit beef with this one.

Jason Macdonald wins by choke out over Chris Leben
Leben seemed to be in control very early with some sharp strikes. But…Leben made a mistake once the fight went to the ground and Macdonald put on a nasty, nasty, nasty choke from the ground. It was a combo guard position/guillotine choke in which Leban basically taps out while in La La land. Very nasty and impressive choke out by Macdonald.

More updates comming.

Forest Griffin and Keith Jardine is just about to begin at 11:22 EST.

Jardine wins by K.O. over Forest Griffin.

Holy shit! This was really a shame because both these guys are very impressive. The fight was pretty damn even with both guys throwing some pretty nasty punches and kicks. Then, with one burst, Jardine just unloaded some very heavy, some very impressive nasty ass punches and tore Griffin apart.

This was a fight that could have gone either way. A very distraught Griffin ran out of the ring after the fight but not after telling Joe Rogan “I did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out”.
Props to both guys.

Desouza vs. Alves:

Fight about to start at 11:40 p.m. EST

Wish I saw the choke by mcdonald against leban … I cant stand that guy and to just see that would have been worth the price

was his hair pink or purple

[quote]orangecola wrote:
Jardine wins by K.O. over Forest Griffin.

Holy shit! This was really a shame because both these guys are very impressive. The fight was pretty damn even with both guys throwing some pretty nasty punches and kicks. Then, with one burst, Jardine just unloaded some very heavy, some very impressive nasty ass punches and tore Griffin apart.

This was a fight that could have gone either way. A very distraught Griffin ran out of the ring after the fight but not after telling Joe Rogan “I did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out”.
Props to both guys.
[/quote]

Wow… sounds like the fights are better than I expected… sweet to see some nice summissions and knock-outs… esp those from unexpected opponets…
Jardine must have really improved … did not expect that outcome… sounds like some good fights… can’t wait to see what I missed

Alves wins by Ref Stoppage over Desouza.

Alves really just pounded the hell out of Desouza. Desouza tried hard to put the fight to the ground, but he couldn’t get past Alves’s sprawl. After absorbing a ton of nasty blows, Desouza got desperate and tried some pretty sloppy attacks which resulted in Alves hitting him with a nasty knee strike to the face.

Leban’s hair was “Red” with a mohawk style. If you don’t like Leban, then you need to check this fight out.

The choke that he got hit with was one really fucking nasty choke.
You can see that he doesn’t want to give up and he tries to tough it out but the lock is so tight (tight like a ric flair figure 4 leg lock!) you can see the life just being choked out of him.
too put this in perspective. to understand how nasty this choke was, go watch “What’s love got to do with it”. I don’t think that Ike turner could have choked tina turner like this!

If you have ever strangled a guy in real life, you would understand this:
You could see Leban’s head get all read and puffy and expand like that guy’s head in the end of big trouble in little china.

With that being said…I think Leban looked like an a hole too, he plays the tough guy role a little too hard but…in his post fight interview he actually seemed very entertaining.

Edboze,
This card is awesome. Really quick fights that are ending hard and early, no boring dances tonight.
It is 12 a.m. and Ortiz is in the ring.

It is 12:03 a.m. and liddel is now entering the ring. Christ almighty does he have a scary look in his eyes. He looks really relaxed, in a very scary way.
Tito looked intense and pumped up too but…

[quote]orangecola wrote:
It is 12:03 a.m. and liddel is now entering the ring. Christ almighty does he have a scary look in his eyes. He looks really relaxed, in a very scary way.
Tito looked intense and pumped up too but…[/quote]

BUT!!!?

Come on. You can’t do that to us!

Oh, BTW, thanks for the thread.

Holy smokes…Chuck is pounding the hell out of ortiz’s face in the second half of this first round. Huge advantage for Chuck. He has cut Tito’s face open real bad.

Tito can’t take chuck down and chuck seems like he has cinder blocks for hands. Chuck is pounding on tito’s face bad.
12:17 and we are halfway through the second round.

Jesus Christ I can’t wait.

I would have put money on Jardine winning that fight, the one fight I had seen him in, against Bonnar, he looked like he had potential.

I thought he should have won that one too. Whatever, no surprises there and I can’t wait to see the replays of the Leben and Arlovski fights to see exactly what it is you’re talking about. Thanks so much for the thread man.

We are entering round three and something weird seems to be happening. I would have figured, after how the first round ended, that Chuck would have finished this one fast.

But this was an interesting round. Ortiz seemed like he actually won this round. I don’t know why chuck didn’t do much this round except one nasty elbow.
round 3 is up now!

Keep it comin guys

Lidell wins!!!

A huge exchange of punches and Lidell hit’s a nasty combination started by a sick uppercut followed by a ton of heavy blows while on top of Ortiz.

winner by t.k.o. chuck liddell!!!

Alright Chuck! I thought he would take that one and he did. You know there’s gonna be a Liddell/Ortiz 3 it’s only a matter of time. Goddamn I should have bought this one. Thanks for the thread man.

Ortiz could not get a takedown, he fought about as well as he could and he gave liddell some pretty good blasts to the face.

Lidell is an awesome fighter.
Tito is very gracious.

He congratulated chuck, gave a shout out to our troops abroad.
Tito really seems to have hurt his leg on one of those high kicks.

Here is the break down, it is tough to take chuck down, it is tough to keep liddell down. Chuck has fucking hands of steel, and he is going to catch you at one point or another.
Tito is hurt physically and emotionally.

He really put everything he had into this, I wish you guys could have seen this fight, this entire card for that matter. Every guy on this card put their fuckin hearts and guts out on the line tonight. Worth every fuckin penney of the $40.

Tito has got to get better set ups for his takedowns. Without the ability to convert a takedown, he will never ever beat liddel.
He was just taking blast shots, he is not going to get chuck down with those.
Considering that he had to box chuck because he couldn’t take him down, tito was very impressive.

Rampage is in the crowd!

Rogan asks chuck if he wants to fight rampage and chucks says yes.
If there is one guy who has the explosive takedown power to get in on chuck, it is rampage.
My predicition is, if you can’t take chuck down, you are not going to beat him.

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
Alright Chuck! I thought he would take that one and he did. You know there’s gonna be a Liddell/Ortiz 3 it’s only a matter of time. Goddamn I should have bought this one. Thanks for the thread man. [/quote]

I doubt we will see Liddell/Ortiz 3. If they split their first 2 fights for sure, but not with Chuck winning both. Jackson vs. Liddell will be coming for sure.

[quote]brand wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:
Alright Chuck! I thought he would take that one and he did. You know there’s gonna be a Liddell/Ortiz 3 it’s only a matter of time. Goddamn I should have bought this one. Thanks for the thread man.

I doubt we will see Liddell/Ortiz 3. If they split their first 2 fights for sure, but not with Chuck winning both. Jackson vs. Liddell will be coming for sure. [/quote]

I agree. It is time for Tito to STFU and go away.