1: Filho
2: Kang
3: Silva
4: Misaki
5: Henderson
6: Sakuraba(?)
Sakuraba I don’t quite get.

Especially since Aikiyama might kill him on NYE.[/quote]

If Sakaraba keeps fighting he really might die.

[quote]fitfreak wrote:

Maybe I’m delusional, because no one seems to agree with me, but the way I recollect the Chuck/Tito first fight was, Tito pressing the action, actually getting in some decent and surprising strikes, taking Chuck down(although briefly), then being poked in the eye(although not intentionally), which opened up Chuck’s barrage of strikes which no one would probably be able to defend against.![/quote]

Don’t recall him getting anywhere near a take down but the eye poke did affect him…

Those Japanese rankings are pretty good imo but they do seem to be bias towards Pride fighters. The Sak ranking is way off but i guess he’s still a hero there.

I actually really rate Arona and think he could beat anyone at 205 on his day. He totally domiated Silva in their first fight which takes some doing, and i’ve heard people say he should have beaten Fedor although i haven’t seen the fight. Not sure what happened to him in the Shogun fight though…

As a sidenote, it appears that Cro Cop to the UFC is going to be announced Saturday at UFC 66. Sakikibara, President of Pride, confirmed that the UFC outbid them, and then made some very bleak comments that the UFC can now offer top fighters 3 to 4 times more money than Pride can afford.

Rumor is his first fight is against Eddie Sanchez on February 3.

[quote]AdamC wrote:
I actually really rate Arona and think he could beat anyone at 205 on his day. He totally domiated Silva in their first fight which takes some doing, and i’ve heard people say he should have beaten Fedor although i haven’t seen the fight. Not sure what happened to him in the Shogun fight though…[/quote]

I agree. With a cage and elbows Arona would be deadly. He’s probably the best grappler in MMA. I think the feud between him and Diet Nog over who gets the 205 belt title shot might drive one of them out. Either way, they both would present a monstrous challenge to Chuck.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Does anyone favor Tito to win this fight?
[/quote]

I think Tito has a chance if one of two things happen:

1. He’s been training with a blind fold on (think Bloodsport); or

2. UFC officials allow him to wear protective eye gear.

…and by chance I mean small chance.

Great write-up Donut, I wasn’t really looking forward to either card, but I’m starting to get curious.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
AdamC wrote:
I actually really rate Arona and think he could beat anyone at 205 on his day. He totally domiated Silva in their first fight which takes some doing, and i’ve heard people say he should have beaten Fedor although i haven’t seen the fight. Not sure what happened to him in the Shogun fight though…

I agree. With a cage and elbows Arona would be deadly. He’s probably the best grappler in MMA. I think the feud between him and Diet Nog over who gets the 205 belt title shot might drive one of them out. Either way, they both would present a monstrous challenge to Chuck.[/quote]

Here’s a crazy idea,…how about a number 1 contender’s match… excluding Shogun of course, so maybe it’s a number 2 contender match.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
AdamC wrote:

I agree. With a cage and elbows Arona would be deadly. He’s probably the best grappler in MMA. I think the feud between him and Diet Nog over who gets the 205 belt title shot might drive one of them out. Either way, they both would present a monstrous challenge to Chuck.

Here’s a crazy idea,…how about a number 1 contender’s match… excluding Shogun of course, so maybe it’s a number 2 contender match.
[/quote]

That would be fucking super, except that they are both on Brazilian Top Team and will never fight each other. Thus we have Shogun-Wandy and Arona-Diet Nog, all could legitimately hold the belt but they can’t really eliminate each other for the top spot. It would make sense to me to have a representative in another league.

If Ortiz doesn’t stand up with him, I’m predicting an Ortiz victory.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
If Ortiz doesn’t stand up with him, I’m predicting an Ortiz victory. [/quote]

I’m betting on him trying to stand up with him to try and prove something. Just a hunch, but it’s fun to speculate.

[quote]alownage wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

I’m betting on him trying to stand up with him to try and prove something. Just a hunch, but it’s fun to speculate.[/quote]

Can he take him down and keep him down?

Chuck is pretty slippery.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
alownage wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

I’m betting on him trying to stand up with him to try and prove something. Just a hunch, but it’s fun to speculate.

Chuck is pretty slippery.[/quote]

I think that’s the crux of the whole thing. Tito knows what he has to do, but I don’t think he’ll be able to execute it. Chuck is just too evasive.

On a side note I think Shogun would obliterate Chuck. I also think Arona could do the same…

I always say a good leg kicker would do well against Chuck. Punish the legs and it will effect his striking and takedown defence. Arona fits that bill, plus with his chin up and back(the back part being important) I don’t think he’s open for a counter, as he’s just too far away.

Don’t get me wrong if he does get hit he’ll put Brazil’s space program several years ahead of NASA by being the first person on Mars. :slight_smile:

Lil Nog could put a hurting on him too.

[quote]ArcaneCocaine wrote:
On a side note I think Shogun would obliterate Chuck. I also think Arona could do the same…

I always say a good leg kicker would do well against Chuck. Punish the legs and it will effect his striking and takedown defence. Arona fits that bill, plus with his chin up and back(the back part being important) I don’t think he’s open for a counter, as he’s just too far away.

Don’t get me wrong if he does get hit he’ll put Brazil’s space program several years ahead of NASA by being the first person on Mars. :slight_smile:

Lil Nog could put a hurting on him too.[/quote]

I think Lil nog would do even better than arona would. His boxing skills are crisp enough to set up good takedowns against chuck, and he would be much more dangerous on the ground.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Odds from www.betonfighting.com, changing frequently so I expect some of these to tighten up.

ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP -66
MGM GRAND LAS VEGAS, NV - 12-30-06

30901- TITO ORTIZ +235
30902- CHUCK LIDDELL -275

30903- KEITH JARDINE +285
30904- FORREST GRIFFIN -335

30905- MARCIO CRUZ +400
30906- ANDREI ARLOVSKI -500

30907- JASON MACDONALD +195
30908- CHRIS LEBEN -225

30909- ERIC SCHAFER +330
30910- MICHAEL BISPING -400

30911- TONY DESOUZA +100
30912- THIAGO ALVES -120

30913- CARMELO MARRERO +250
30914- GABRIEL GONZAGA -300

30915- RORY SINGER +395
30916- YUSHIN OKAMI -475

30917- ANTHONY PEROSH +135
30918- CHRISTIAN WELLISCH -165

PRIDE: SHOCKWAVE 2006 -
SAITAMA SUPER ARENA, JAPAN - 12-30/31-06

30921- MARK HUNT +600
30922- FEDOR EMELIANENKO -800

30923- GILBERT MELENDEZ +130
30924- TATSUYA KAWAJIRI -150

30925- SHINYA AOKI +160
30926- JOACHIM HANSEN -180

30927- KAZUHIRO NAKAMURA +365
30928- MAURICIO RUA -435

30929- MITSUHIRO ISHIDA +165
30930- TAKANORI GOMI -185

30931- IKUHISA MINOWA +115
30932- KIYOSHI TAMURA -135

30933- AKIHIRO GONO +115
30934- YUKI KONDO -135

30935- JOSH BARNETT +120
30936- ANTONIO RODRIGO NOGUEIRA -140

30937- JAMES THOMPSON +600
30938- HIDEHIKO YOSHIDA -800

God help me, for the first time in my life I might put something on James Thompson.[/quote]

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7383389640066630677&q=James+thompson

Anyone catch any of the ‘all access’ programs on spike last night? they had commentary by coture and rogan on griffin/jardine and tito/chuck, and also looks into their training camps. The mtv cribs style episode with chuck was interesting too. nice life.

Is Macdonald the same dude who beat Ed Herman a few spike fights ago? didnt he have like 4 submission attempts going at once in their fight? If so im looking fwd to seeing him fight again.

[quote]Naphta wrote:
ArcaneCocaine wrote:

Lil Nog could put a hurting on him too.

I think Lil nog would do even better than arona would. His boxing skills are crisp enough to set up good takedowns against chuck, and he would be much more dangerous on the ground.[/quote]

Diet Nog has that indestructible face like his big twin brother too. He could absorb a couple of those counters and not go brain dead. Plus another aspect of him is that he’s the only top 205 pound contendor around with more reach than Chuck. Arona could beat Chuck, but the problem I see with that is that he’s just a faster, stronger version of everyone Chuck has knocked out. I’d like to see something new put in front of The Iceman and his magical knockout hands.

All Access was pretty good. Chuck has the personality of a rock, he cracks me up.

Haha, watched that UFC cribs or whatever last night also. At one point chucks rattled off a sentance or two and me and a couple buddies just looked at eachother and said. “What the fuck did he just say?” I mean it was like he was just mumbling to himself, I couldn’t make one english word out of what he said. It was very comical. Also watching chuck do the sprints, my friend and I both agreed that we feel good because at least if we pissed chuck off, we could outrun him.

V

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:

Is Macdonald the same dude who beat Ed Herman a few spike fights ago? didnt he have like 4 submission attempts going at once in their fight? If so im looking fwd to seeing him fight again. [/quote]

Yes, it is the same guy. I expect him to win on Saturday and it will be interesting to see who he goes up against next.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
alownage wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Chuck is pretty slippery.[/quote]

I think that’s the key. Can Tito take Chuck to the ground and keep him there? If so - Tito has a chance. If not - The Iceman will win easily.

I don’t see one match tonight going the distance…does anybody else?