UFC 65

[quote]Zell959 wrote:

In their first fight GSP was doing very well against Hughes when he underestimated his BJJ, it happens.[/quote]

Hey, have you noticed that plenty of people do very well against Hughes in the first round? Go back and take a look at some of the vids. Trigg was doing well, Newton was doing well, Penn had a good first round last time up.

But they, along with some 40 plus other guys have something in common- THEY STILL LOST.

The winner is NOT determined by who is doing well early on.

Read above comments.

[quote]So I stand by my opinion that this is a very even fight and one I can’t wait to see.
[/quote]

LOL, good for you, stand right by it. When Hughes destroys him I will make a special post laughing at you.

GSP is very over rated and this fight will once again demonstrate that.

GSP will lose that is a certainty.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
LOL, good for you, stand right by it. When Hughes destroys him I will make a special post laughing at you.
[/quote]

Aww man, some argumentative ass pirate is gonna make fun of me on the internet if my fight pick is wrong. I better schedule some counseling sessions now. Otherwise I just don’t see how I’m going to get through it.

[quote]Zell959 wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:

Aww man, some argumentative ass pirate is gonna make fun of me on the internet if my fight pick is wrong. I better schedule some counseling sessions now. Otherwise I just don’t see how I’m going to get through it.[/quote]

Oh no, I’ve been called an “ass pirate” on the Internet.

I said I would laugh at you for picking the wrong guy.

Did it really bother you that much?

Yea, I guess it did.

LOL

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
Zell959 wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:

Aww man, some argumentative ass pirate is gonna make fun of me on the internet if my fight pick is wrong. I better schedule some counseling sessions now. Otherwise I just don’t see how I’m going to get through it.

Oh no, I’ve been called an “ass pirate” on the Internet.

I said I would laugh at you for picking the wrong guy.

Did it really bother you that much?

Yea, I guess it did.

LOL
[/quote]
My point was that it wouldn’t bother me and that I don’t really care what you do. Not particularly surprising you’d miss that.

[quote]Zell959 wrote:

My point was that it wouldn’t bother me and that I don’t really care what you do. Not particularly surprising you’d miss that.[/quote]

That you commented so negatively to begin with means that you cared. That you continue to comment means that you continue to care.

And, thank you for caring.

:wink:

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
carter12 wrote:
OK here’s the updated card…

-Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre
-Tim Sylvia vs. Jeff Monson
-Brandon Vera vs. Frank Mir
-Mark Hominick vs. Joe Stevenson
-Nick Diaz vs. Josh Koscheck
-Michael Bisping vs. TBA

No Brad Imes, LOL.

Dana must’ve read our thread. Bisping is about a thousand times better substitution.[/quote]

I agree, and Bisping may even give TBA a run for his money!

Get a life, guys, and stop taking this shit so seriously!

[quote]praterhaus wrote:
Get a life, guys, and stop taking this shit so seriously![/quote]

Got one. It just happens to include a slow paced desk job at the moment. The net is my only weapon against boredom and I wield it regularly.

good card. real psyched for diaz\koschek.
Diaz needed that last win vs Neer to get back in the game. 170 is looking good these days. im still surprised the TUF fighters get title shots, although serra is an easy guy to root for and pretty much the only reason I watched the first half hour of the show.

but i think diego should most definitley get a crack at the winner of gsp/hughes, and not serra/lytle. although id love to see otherwise, im gonna have to go hughes.

anybody else catch the slightly racist comment he made to din thomas during the TUF episode where they were eating sushi and din and gsp were talking? he yelled over the table, “I see those big lips flapping!” i couldnt believe it. not sure anybody else caught it, but still kind of fucked up.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:
anybody else catch the slightly racist comment he made to din thomas during the TUF episode where they were eating sushi and din and gsp were talking? he yelled over the table, “I see those big lips flapping!” i couldnt believe it. not sure anybody else caught it, but still kind of fucked up.
[/quote]

Yeah, I caught that. Did seem a little messed up, but could be strategic editing. Hughes may have joked around with Din like that all the time and Din might have been cool with it. Still shouldn’t be saying that stuff when you’re gonna end up on TV though.

Just to throw in, the counter argument to GSP not putting away Pen vis-a-vis Hughes is Hughes not putting away Sean Sherk vis-a-vis GSP. TKO, 2:53 round 2.

[quote]Zell959 wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:

Yeah, I caught that. Did seem a little messed up, but could be strategic editing. Hughes may have joked around with Din like that all the time and Din might have been cool with it. Still shouldn’t be saying that stuff when you’re gonna end up on TV though.
[/quote]

That’s how I took it. I joke with my black friends all the time about stuff like that and they joke on me about white people shit.

Anyway, I’m really lookin forward to two belts changing at UFC 65!

good card. real psyched for diaz\koschek.
Diaz needed that last win vs Neer to get back in the game. 170 is looking good these days. im still surprised the TUF fighters get title shots, although serra is an easy guy to root for and pretty much the only reason I watched the first half hour of the show.

but i think diego should most definitley get a crack at the winner of gsp/hughes, and not serra/lytle. although id love to see otherwise, im gonna have to go hughes.

[/quote]

Diaz has no prayer of beating either one of them. But, it will still be fun to watch.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
OK here’s the updated card…

-Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre
-Tim Sylvia vs. Jeff Monson
-Brandon Vera vs. Frank Mir
-Mark Hominick vs. Joe Stevenson
-Nick Diaz vs. Josh Koscheck
-Michael Bisping vs. TBA

No Brad Imes, LOL. [/quote]

The complete card was posted on the UG.

Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre
Tim Sylvia vs. Jeff Monson
Frank Mir vs. Brandon Vera
Graison Tibau vs. Nick Diaz
Dokonjonosuke Mishima vs. Joe Stevenson
James Irvin vs. Hector Ramirez
Josh Shockman vs. Jake O’Brien
Antoni Hardonk vs. Brad Imes
Wilson Gouveia vs. Alessio Sakara

[quote]carter12 wrote:
Zell959 wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:

That’s how I took it. I joke with my black friends all the time about stuff like that and they joke on me about white people shit.

Anyway, I’m really lookin forward to two belts changing at UFC 65!
[/quote]

Yeah, why the hell do people worry about what goes on between two men. I’m sure if Din was offended he would have walked over to Matt and told him so.

http://65.ufc.com/

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:

Diaz has no prayer of beating either one of them. But, it will still be fun to watch.

[/quote]

good thing i said Diego, as in sanchez. I think he has a decent chance in making another interesting fight at 170 vs a champ. and as far as the hughes comment, not making a big deal but i think it was a very ‘real’ moment and he probably didnt realize how it came out.

Smitty88 wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:

good thing i said Diego, as in sanchez. I think he has a decent chance in making another interesting fight at 170 vs a champ. and as far as the hughes comment, not making a big deal but i think it was a very ‘real’ moment and he probably didnt realize how it came out. [/quote]

That was crazy, my mind was thinking Diego and my fingers typed Diaz. Oh well, still looking forward to watching.

Koz and monsoon are going to win easy.

He’s coming!