UFC 64

[quote]DON D1ESEL wrote:

Conspiracy theory: Tito to 185 to fight Silva? He can get that light.

Speaking of Tito, him and Jenna Jameson looked like they were going to homecoming, hahaha. Makes you wonder.[/quote]

I think it would be pretty hard for Tito to get down to 185, he is a prety big guy at 205…plus Lister already dropped to 185, I’d like to see Silva go up against Lindland however. Lindland has looked strong in his last few outings.

Seems like Silvia is wearing his belt everywhere he goes, there are reports of people seeing him walking around in malls,groceries and nightclubs with it.

I think Franklin could win a rematch if he takes hit to the ground smother him with his size and ground and pound Silva. Maybe he should have done like he told Matt Serra to do on TUF when he told him to start the fight on one knee to avoid being kicked or kneed in the face, maybe even start the fight flat on his back :wink: who knows but i don’t think he’ll do the same mistake twice.

[quote]brand wrote:

I’d think Matt Hughes’ victory must have been pretty hollow. He got absolutely fucking schooled on every aspect of the game, and then wins only due to BJ getting some freak injury. BJ just can’t be called average.

Eventhough I dislike Hughes I still think he’s a great fighter. Let’s say GSP beats him through the xycience ad in the middle of the octogon. I’m not going to say “see he’s a one dimensional fighter blah blah”. He’d still be a badass…still be a dick too I’m sure. :wink:

Anyways, the fans are abysmal.

As annoying as fickle fans are fans that make excuses when their guy loses. That still goes back to making excuses for BJ. Only lost because of a “freak injury”? Maybe he lost for the reasons Hughes stated? Being that he only has the gas for the first two rounds. He didn’t suffer an injury against GSP, but only looked good in the first round.

Maybe he hurt his ribs trying to control a guy as strong as Hughes? An injury like that is still part of the game. If not then I think Rich lost because of a freak injury to his face. BJ himself did not use the injury as an excuse for the loss. BJ is an exceptional fighter and fun to watch, but he got beat by Hughes fair and square.
[/quote]

One I’m anything but a fickle fan did you even read my post? Two I wasn’t commenting on if BJ won fair and square, he did. I stated that the victory must have been pretty hollow due to him being absolutly schooled. If not for BJ injuring himself it showed a huge difference in skill.

Lastly, to me, it didn’t really matter who won because I really want to see GSP beat Hughes for the Title. And yes he lost fair and square last time they fought. Killer sub from Hughes.

[quote]ArcaneCocaine wrote:
brand wrote:

I’d think Matt Hughes’ victory must have been pretty hollow. He got absolutely fucking schooled on every aspect of the game, and then wins only due to BJ getting some freak injury. BJ just can’t be called average.

Eventhough I dislike Hughes I still think he’s a great fighter. Let’s say GSP beats him through the xycience ad in the middle of the octogon. I’m not going to say “see he’s a one dimensional fighter blah blah”. He’d still be a badass…still be a dick too I’m sure. :wink:

Anyways, the fans are abysmal.

As annoying as fickle fans are fans that make excuses when their guy loses. That still goes back to making excuses for BJ. Only lost because of a “freak injury”? Maybe he lost for the reasons Hughes stated? Being that he only has the gas for the first two rounds. He didn’t suffer an injury against GSP, but only looked good in the first round.

Maybe he hurt his ribs trying to control a guy as strong as Hughes? An injury like that is still part of the game. If not then I think Rich lost because of a freak injury to his face. BJ himself did not use the injury as an excuse for the loss. BJ is an exceptional fighter and fun to watch, but he got beat by Hughes fair and square.

One I’m anything but a fickle fan did you even read my post? Two I wasn’t commenting on if BJ won fair and square, he did. I stated that the victory must have been pretty hollow due to him being absolutly schooled. If not for BJ injuring himself it showed a huge difference in skill.

Lastly, to me, it didn’t really matter who won because I really want to see GSP beat Hughes for the Title. And yes he lost fair and square last time they fought. Killer sub from Hughes.
[/quote]

I didn’t mean to imply you were a fickle fan. I do think that the rib injury is a weak excuse for the loss. A lot of BJ fans have used that as the reason he lost the fight. BJ came out strong and won the first two rounds, but that has been the norm the last few fights before he slows down for whatever reason (injury or just plain gassed). I don’t think you can take anything away from Hughes for losing the first two rounds. He has said he expected BJ to come out fast and planned his strategy accordingly. Granted it wouldn’t have been a good strategy if he would have gotten submitted at the end of round 2.

I think we’re more or less on the same page.

Anyways, this weekend…Pride: The Real Deal!

I’ll start a thread later unless someone beats me to it. :slight_smile:

[quote]brand wrote:

I didn’t mean to imply you were a fickle fan. I do think that the rib injury is a weak excuse for the loss. A lot of BJ fans have used that as the reason he lost the fight. BJ came out strong and won the first two rounds, but that has been the norm the last few fights before he slows down for whatever reason (injury or just plain gassed). I don’t think you can take anything away from Hughes for losing the first two rounds. He has said he expected BJ to come out fast and planned his strategy accordingly. Granted it wouldn’t have been a good strategy if he would have gotten submitted at the end of round 2.
[/quote]

UFC doctors have verified the rib injury that Penn believed he sustained during the second round of his fight with Matt Hughes, according to BJPenn.com. The injury has been found to be a fracture of Penn?s costochondral junction.

According to the findings of physician Sameer Nagda, MD, ?There is evidence of a fracture of the right tenth costochondral junction with evidence of surrounding soft tissue edema and fluid consistent with moderate grade muscle strains of the intercostals and oblique musculature in the region of fracture.?

According to MedHelp.org, the costochondral junction is, ?The point where the ribs articulate with the sternum.? What this essentially means is that during his fight with Hughes, Penn sustained a fracture of the connective tissue between his ribs and the sternum. This injury is considered to be a rib fracture.

Penn?s web site says, ?While in Las Vegas for UFC 64, BJ met with the UFC?s orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine doctor in Las Vegas for a physical exam and diagnostic MRI study of his ribs and oblique muscles on his right side. The report verified and substantiated exactly what happened to BJ at the end of the second round when he thrusted up and around to gain Matt?s back. During this upward and twisting movement, BJ pulled/tore internal muscles located inside and around the bottom right rib and fractured the rib. As explained, this type of trauma can and will cause a constriction of his right lung, leading to a substantially diminished breathing capacity.?

This new report verifies what has thus far been a disputed claim of injury by BJ Penn in the weeks following his UFC 64 loss to Matt Hughes.

source: MMAWeekly

[quote]ArcaneCocaine wrote:

Anyways, this weekend…Pride: The Real Deal!

I’ll start a thread later unless someone beats me to it. :)[/quote]

I did Final Conflict, so you can get this one :slight_smile: