UFC 54

But if anyone can beat gsp it’s hughes. i dont think anyone else at that weight can do it. maybe bj penn…maybe.
uote]

Penn’s already beaten him, so maybe it just should be “maybe hughes could beat Penn, maybe”.

Penn is slick as hell and Hughes is a f’n animal, and I would love to see a rematch but Penn’s gotta ask for less money. If they refuse to give TIto, a HUGE ratings draw, less money then they sure aren’t going to give more to Penn.

Chuck solidified that he is the baddest man alive. [/quote]

Not even top 5 I’d say. Silva, Emelianenko, Crocop and Vovchanchyn are scarier strikers, and Minotauro Nogueira is awesome on the ground. THey have all fought higher quality opponents as well.

BTW, I know you meant baddest man in MMA, but I don’t like baddest man alive type nicknames. It all depends on the combat sport you do.

YEAAAAAAAAAAA MMA 4 LIFE!

dl-

Don’t get me wrong UFC is great but I think there is a higher level of competition in PRIDE. Most of the UFC champs are in pride as well. That and most of the guys who aren?t from the USA, Canada, or UK will never get a chance in UFC. The only guy outside of there is Andrei Arlovski and he one the freakin title! What I found funny was that in PRIDES cable debut they showed UFC champ Chuck L. getting creamed by Rampage. Some rivalry between UFC and PRIDE a brewin?

[quote]ScrambyEggs wrote:
Don’t get me wrong UFC is great but I think there is a higher level of competition in PRIDE. Most of the UFC champs are in pride as well. That and most of the guys who aren?t from the USA, Canada, or UK will never get a chance in UFC. The only guy outside of there is Andrei Arlovski and he one the freakin title! What I found funny was that in PRIDES cable debut they showed UFC champ Chuck L. getting creamed by Rampage. Some rivalry between UFC and PRIDE a brewin? [/quote]

No actually UFC had no problem loaning Chuck out.

One big difference between the two is PRIDE spends a lot of $$ and thus gets the best fighters in the world. DOn’t get me wrong, some UFC guys are great, but overall it goes like this PRIDE is numba 1, then UFC, then KOTC/SHOOTO, then whatever other group like RUmble on the Rock or Hook 'n shoot.

[quote]ScrambyEggs wrote:
Don’t get me wrong UFC is great but I think there is a higher level of competition in PRIDE. Most of the UFC champs are in pride as well. That and most of the guys who aren?t from the USA, Canada, or UK will never get a chance in UFC. The only guy outside of there is Andrei Arlovski and he one the freakin title! What I found funny was that in PRIDES cable debut they showed UFC champ Chuck L. getting creamed by Rampage. Some rivalry between UFC and PRIDE a brewin? [/quote]

Yeah, I think UFC should replay that fight where Vitor destroyed Wanderlei. Probably a fluke, but damn Vitor made him look bad.

The problem is not with Penn asking for too much money, but UFC stripping his belt because he signed on to do K-1 fights(as well as ROTR.) It’s bullshit because Penn has a clause in his K-1 contract allowing him to do UFC, but Dana White’s pussy was all hurt because one of his champs was going to do other competitions.

I felt this was a boring UFC…but the highlight had to be Trigg getting handled by St.Pieere, just when you think a fight could turn into a war (Rampage v Silva 2) it turns into a beat down (Shogun v Rampage or Kharitonov v Rizzo)

Sonny S knows what he’s talking about. That would be the GAYEST thing ever if they re-played Vitor beating Silva (no offense) cause then Silva would be like “WHAT THE FUCK!?” Then he’d arrange a fight against Vitor and Vitor would die. I like Vitor a lot, but Silva more and Silva would kill him. If you watch the Vitor vs Silva fight back in the day you see Silva is pissed off of how John Mcarthy stopped the fight. Watch the fight and you’ll see what I’m talking about. I’d kill to enter a Pride match when I’m older. BUSHIDOOOOO WHAAAAA!

dl-