T Nation

UFC 184 Rousey vs Zingano


#1

Pick your winners

Rousey vs Zingano

Pennington vs Holms

Ellengerger vs Koscheck

Jouban vs Walsh

Ferguson vs Tibau

Zingano
Holms
Koscheck
Jouban
Ferguson


#2

uhhh rousey, I’m curious why you picked Zingano?


#3

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:
uhhh rousey, I’m curious why you picked Zingano?[/quote]

Because she is better than Rousey
She also has a better story
And the hottest ass in wmma


#4

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:
uhhh rousey, I’m curious why you picked Zingano?[/quote]

Because she is better than Rousey
She also has a better story
And the hottest ass in wmma[/quote]

Whoa now, hottest ass is a whole nother debate. And who cares about stories

Honest question, what makes her better? Its gonna be a tough fight and will probably go for 3+ rounds. I don’t know how well Rhonda does in long fights, its only been seen once and I wonder if she’ll get gassed first. Do you think the fight will go to 5 rounds and end in a decision? That’s the only way I see Cat winning because I really don’t see her submitting Rhonda or landing hard enough hits to get a KO/TKO


#5

Ronda wins first round.


#6

[quote]magick wrote:
Ronda wins first round.[/quote]

I hope so, I’m tired of hearing she’s gonna lose finally, she’s a one trick pony. But she keeps getting better and better and her striking really improved which no one gives her credit for. It’s still gonna be a tough fight, way harder than the Tate rematch


#7

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:
uhhh rousey, I’m curious why you picked Zingano?[/quote]

Because she is better than Rousey
She also has a better story
And the hottest ass in wmma[/quote]

Whoa now, hottest ass is a whole nother debate. And who cares about stories

Honest question, what makes her better? Its gonna be a tough fight and will probably go for 3+ rounds. I don’t know how well Rhonda does in long fights, its only been seen once and I wonder if she’ll get gassed first. Do you think the fight will go to 5 rounds and end in a decision? That’s the only way I see Cat winning because I really don’t see her submitting Rhonda or landing hard enough hits to get a KO/TKO[/quote]

I’m the guy who likes the stories. I think most fight fans do as well.

Both of the fighters have less than 10 fights… For UFC championship caliber, that’s hardly anything. With that said, there’s barely any real material to base it on especially because ronda finished most of her fights so fast.

Ronda’s striking… is overrated. You can’t base someone’s striking performance solely through their coaches words, or a mitt session. If you watch her fights, you’ll notice that she virtually loses every exchange, really, which forces her to lean in and return back to her grappling.

Also, she’s trying too hard to be like Conor Mcgregor these days, even stealing some of his lines. I think her false self is gonna lend credence to her poor performance tonight.


#8

[quote]magick wrote:
Ronda wins first round.[/quote]

Called it.

Rousey is just something else.


#9

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:
uhhh rousey, I’m curious why you picked Zingano?[/quote]

Because she is better than Rousey
She also has a better story
And the hottest ass in wmma[/quote]

Whoa now, hottest ass is a whole nother debate. And who cares about stories

Honest question, what makes her better? Its gonna be a tough fight and will probably go for 3+ rounds. I don’t know how well Rhonda does in long fights, its only been seen once and I wonder if she’ll get gassed first. Do you think the fight will go to 5 rounds and end in a decision? That’s the only way I see Cat winning because I really don’t see her submitting Rhonda or landing hard enough hits to get a KO/TKO[/quote]

I’m the guy who likes the stories. I think most fight fans do as well.

Both of the fighters have less than 10 fights… For UFC championship caliber, that’s hardly anything. With that said, there’s barely any real material to base it on especially because ronda finished most of her fights so fast.

Ronda’s striking… is overrated. You can’t base someone’s striking performance solely through their coaches words, or a mitt session. If you watch her fights, you’ll notice that she virtually loses every exchange, really, which forces her to lean in and return back to her grappling.

Also, she’s trying too hard to be like Conor Mcgregor these days, even stealing some of his lines. I think her false self is gonna lend credence to her poor performance tonight.
[/quote]

I for one am disappointed with her performance tonight. She knew she was gonna win, she could have at least put on a show for us


#10

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

I for one am disappointed with her performance tonight. She knew she was gonna win, she could have at least put on a show for us[/quote]

That’s actually why I like her. She seems to go about her fights in a really no nonsense, just going to take whatever advantage I have and run with it immediately, kind of person.


#11

She is fucking insane. Zingano gets right in there and dumps her, but then Rousey immediately reverses and gets an armbar victory. Must have been 10 seconds.

How does she now stand in the P4P rankings?


#12

[quote]DeadKong wrote:
She is fucking insane. Zingano gets right in there and dumps her, but then Rousey immediately reverses and gets an armbar victory. Must have been 10 seconds.

How does she now stand in the P4P rankings?[/quote]

Does she even come into P4P rankings?

Its womens MMA. Her competition stinks.


#13

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

I for one am disappointed with her performance tonight. She knew she was gonna win, she could have at least put on a show for us[/quote]

That’s actually why I like her. She seems to go about her fights in a really no nonsense, just going to take whatever advantage I have and run with it immediately, kind of person.
[/quote]

I like that she represents judo well and that she wins everything, but this fight was not entertaining


#14

[quote]Jarvan wrote:
there’s barely any real material to base it on especially because ronda finished most of her fights so fast.

[/quote]

Exactly! She finishes her fights so fast there’s no way to tell if she’s any good…


#15

Like most I didn’t see it ending that quickly. It just goes to show she is head and shoulders above the competition. Would like to see her fight Gina Carano. Cyborg is essentially a man. She takes so many steroids it is beyond reproach.


#16

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:
I like that she represents judo well and that she wins everything, but this fight was not entertaining
[/quote]

Fair enough.

My personal preference is that I’d rather have a Rousey vs. Zingano type of fight instead of Silva vs. Diaz type of fight.

I’d rather have something interesting occur in a couple of seconds than see a full fight or something.


#17

i dont watch much mma. a bit here and there. i hate it when a fight ends in submission.

i dont have much appreciation for grappling or that aspect - (not because it isnt skilled, just personal preference, ive never trained it and i just cant gel with it).

i think a submission, such as last night should win you the round, thats it, not the fight.

what do some of you ufc/mma guys thinks?

imo its a good idea. i arent saying it to be controversial. its just, when a fight ends with an arm bar, leg lock, its such an anticlimax.

fyi, yes, i am aware there are shit boxing fights, and there is alot can be improved. this isnt an mma vs boxing thing.


#18

[quote]CarltonJ wrote:
i think a submission, such as last night should win you the round, thats it, not the fight.
[/quote]

Should boxing end with a KO, or should you just win the round?

The idea behind submissions/pins is that you are in such a dominant position that you can literally do whatever you want to them.

Outright knocking someone out is arguably a similar thing. Your opponent literally has no conscious for a couple of seconds. You can do whatever you want to them.


#19

A KO is different because guys can not have recovered for the next round. A lot of tap outs are (obviously legit) but before the person has experienced that much pain. They just no they are, like you say, in the hands of someone who is in an utterly dominate position.

But anyway, that a side, I don’t have any technical articulate way of describing my opinion, other than saying, as a spectator submissions don’t do it for me. And I don’t think they are the equivalent of a true KO.

I think they hugely leave people wanting more.

To put it one way, far more people will search for videos of the best KOs, best fights (mma and boxing) than will search for “the best submissions”

I aren’t under any illusion im right. Just wondered if any regular ufc viewers think the same.


#20

[quote]CarltonJ wrote:
A KO is different because guys can not have recovered for the next round. A lot of tap outs are (obviously legit) but before the person has experienced that much pain. They just no they are, like you say, in the hands of someone who is in an utterly dominate position.[/quote]

Not quite.

Armbars are incredibly painful, even if not a lot of pressure is applied. UFC fighters and elite judoka/BJJ folks don’t tap because they know they can’t get out of an armbar- they do so because it hurts too damned much.