UFC 162

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
**Victory. Anyways all the Americans won this UFC vs Brazil which I think is huge. [/quote]
They all get paid in US dollars so who cares? BTW, who did Gonzaga beat?

AnywayS, thanks for making us all look bad.

[quote]four60 wrote:
He got caught, Period! No real testament to his deminished skills or Weidman’s talent. Silva may be done, he may truly be tired. And remember walking away after one bad fight is not completely unheard of if not rare.
Haglar walked and never looked back. I even remember what he said. “it’s hard to wake up at 5 am and do road work when you’re wearing Silk pajamas”. Sometimes even a warior gets tired[/quote]

This. While I thought his dancing with his hands down was disrespectful the first couple of times he did it in earlier fights (the Demian Maia fight was absolutely terrible IMO), it has become his thing. He has become so good at making the other fighter be the aggressor and countering, but he has always ran the risk of getting caught.

I thought he was going to retire a while back, so I’m not surprised he says he doesn’t want to go for the belt again. I thought I had heard the UFC was having trouble getting him agree to his current contract deal. I wouldn’t be surprised the UFC will get him to do another title fight by paying him with another huge pile of cash, but I wonder if he really cares much anymore.

Eventually if you clown around long enough you will get caught. This is what happened and it cost him his belt.

[quote]four60 wrote:
He got caught, Period! No real testament to his deminished skills or Weidman’s talent. Silva may be done, he may truly be tired. And remember walking away after one bad fight is not completely unheard of if not rare.
Haglar walked and never looked back. I even remember what he said. “it’s hard to wake up at 5 am and do road work when you’re wearing Silk pajamas”. Sometimes even a warior gets tired[/quote]

This.

Also, people are really letting Silva have it. I wasn’t a huge fan of the guy but I gotta feel bad for him there. What lost him the fight last night is the same thing that made his fights so exciting.

he did it to bait his opponents you nitwits, and like fighters who don’t “try” to clown he got caught, if his chin isn’t destroyes now I still pick him in a rematch easily, Weidman hasn’t shown the skill set imo to stay champ for very long regardless, top 5 no doubt, but Vitor, Jacare, and others all give him issues

[quote]DN90 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

This.

Also, people are really letting Silva have it. I wasn’t a huge fan of the guy but I gotta feel bad for him there. What lost him the fight last night is the same thing that made his fights so exciting.

[/quote]
No it ain’t, clowning around and disrespecting his opponent ain’t why people bought his PPVs, not how he got all the fans in the first place. Don’t believe me, just check out the shitstrom Silva - Maia back in Abu Dhabi caused. What made Silva’s fights so exciting is the skill level he put on display every time he stepped in the cage and actually tried to demolish his opponent, check out the Belfort fight for example, even Ando wasn’t dumb enough to clown around with a guy with dynamite for fists, he stuck to his counterstriking game and kicked Vitors face in. What lost him the title was complete disregard to Weidman as any sort of threat to him and all the clowning.

Anderson will kill him in rematch. Weidman is a fantastic fighter, last night he got lucky.

best knockout I have seen in a long time! Weidman got some great shots in after it was lights out as well.

Silva ducked all the post fight questions about his questionable behavior. He started with a lot of cheers, ended with a lot of boos. Lost all my respect. I used to be a fan. Sad…

First I was like…

Then I was like…

Silva was clowning around, no fucking guard up. He looks like he didn’t even want to be there.

I can’t believe he doesn’t even want a rematch. Had I been in the crowd, I would have booed him too. He’d taunted opponents in the past, but last night was just another level. What the hell was that shit?

I guess, that’s fucking karma for disrespecting Weidman even before they stepped into the octagone.

This is really, and sadly, a shameful fall from grace for a great champion such as Anderson, ‘‘The Spider’’ Silva. Very disappointing.

Actually got to see the fight in person as well as hang with Weidman after (my brothers and I know both him and his trainer). Now I’m no MMA expert but IMO silva didn’t expect to get tagged (who does?) and whether it was Chris’s skill, Anderson’s misjudgment of what was going on, or just a combination of factors, it was an amazing knockdown to see. There have been many great fighters who in making one little mistake have lost matches. That’s just the game at such a high level.

I too though Silva was being disrespectful but in discussing the fight with Jamal and Chris today, they seemed to just feel “that’s how Anderson is” and probably didn’t get as upset as a lot of spectators did about the perceived lack of sportsmanship displayed.

S

Stu what the fuck how do you have a picture that cool?!?!?!?!

And what’s with the shirt? Didn’t want to make Weidman look small I guess lol.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:
but Vitor, Jacare, and others all give him issues[/quote]

Jacare is a scary dude.

Got to give props to a guy I used to train with a while back from here in H-town. Andrew Craig with an impressive win over Chris Leben. Kinda cool to see Coach Travis on primetime TV. Congrats to both.

I have a question; how can anybody like Anderson Silva? I respect his skills and talent but other than that, I think hes immature and a clown. I prefer fighters that are all business and save the theatrics outside the ring/octagon. Hell, save that for their friends and family and keep it all professional. Same goes for Mayweather. If Canelo can knock his head off then 2013 will be a great year for fights. For me anyway.

[quote]csulli wrote:
And what’s with the shirt? Didn’t want to make Weidman look small I guess lol.[/quote]

I was going to ask the same thing.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I have a question; how can anybody like Anderson Silva? I respect his skills and talent but other than that, I think hes immature and a clown. I prefer fighters that are all business and save the theatrics outside the ring/octagon. Hell, save that for their friends and family and keep it all professional. Same goes for Mayweather. If Canelo can knock his head off then 2013 will be a great year for fights. For me anyway.[/quote]

I like Silva for many reasons. Here are two:

First, I can’t stand Leben since his time on the Ultimate Fighter and Silva did this to him:

Second, he once did a Michael Jackson impression for his ring entrance.

Yeah, he got what he deserved in this fight for showboating like he did but the man has been an amazing talent to watch over the years in two different weight classes.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I have a question; how can anybody like Anderson Silva? I respect his skills and talent but other than that, I think hes immature and a clown. I prefer fighters that are all business and save the theatrics outside the ring/octagon. Hell, save that for their friends and family and keep it all professional. Same goes for Mayweather. If Canelo can knock his head off then 2013 will be a great year for fights. For me anyway.[/quote]

I like Silva for many reasons. Here are two:

First, I can’t stand Leben since his time on the Ultimate Fighter and Silva did this to him:

Second, he once did a Michael Jackson impression for his ring entrance.

Yeah, he got what he deserved in this fight for showboating like he did but the man has been an amazing talent to watch over the years in two different weight classes.[/quote]
Im not diminishing his skills. Hes right behind Fedor as the best fighter ever but I just dont like him because he doesn’t seem to take his job very seriously. Show off outside the octagon, I want to see the very best out of every fighter that fights. As for that Michael Jackson impression? GENKI SUDO HAS THE BEST RING ENTRANCES EVER. EVER.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
And what’s with the shirt? Didn’t want to make Weidman look small I guess lol.[/quote]

I was going to ask the same thing.[/quote]

Lol, well I didn’t wanna steal the champ’s thunder (although I did get the to be expected goofing around shots with his belt).

S

As a massive Anderson Silva fan, im not even that upset. Just disappointed.

I hate to say it, but i cant help but feel he got what he deserved. Even in that fight, he showed me enough to make me believe that he can crush Weidman in a rematch, but if he’s not gonna take it seriously, i dont want to see it. His clowning was so fucking outrageous that night that even if he won i wouldve been pissed. Normally he looks untouchable, saturday he just looked like a fucking idiot.

If he really has no desire to fight for the belt again i hope he retires.

I dont think Weidman can hold the belt long against guys like Vitor, Jacare, Kennedy and Bisping. Most people dont want to admit it, but the MW division is pretty damn strong right now.