UFC 162

Spoiler alert, Anderson Silva gets knocked the fuck out, USA USA . Your thoughts?

No thoughts. Just feels.

Good feelings I hope? I’m just glad Anderson Silva finally got beat.

i would have rather seen him get beat fighting not toying around

About time. Love the talent, hate the attitude.

Was watching it in a packed bar. Whole place flipped the fuck out. It was awesome.

[quote]pete26 wrote:
i would have rather seen him get beat fighting not toying around
[/quote]
he does that every fight so its a vitory

**Victory. Anyways all the Americans won this UFC vs Brazil which I think is huge.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
About time. Love the talent, hate the attitude.[/quote]
What in the fuck is going on in your new avatar SN? You look like a goddamn CGI creation holy shit.

I was as confused as Joe about Anderson’s speech. Sounds like he is retiring from the sport.

[quote]csulli wrote:

I was as confused as Joe about Anderson’s speech. Sounds like he is retiring from the sport.[/quote]
Joe’s always confused though. Retirement seems like an overdue course of action in my eyes.

[quote]csulli wrote:
I was as confused as Joe about Anderson’s speech. Sounds like he is retiring from the sport.[/quote]
LOL its all good Silva is not retiring he will be back he doesn’t want to lose the belt he’ll be back.

That fight was as thrown as a lob to the endzone. After the fight Silva said that Weidman is the best and, while he’ll finish out his contract he has no desire to fight for a title anymore.

Also, Silvas loss conveniently knocks the “superfight” between he and St. Pierre off the docket. Ol’ White said that recently.

There will be a rematch I guarantee it. There is now way the fight was thrown Silva pulls this bullshit all the time and he finally got caught

I don’t think it’s overdue, I just think Silva needs to quit dancing with his hands down. I mean this is his first loss in…how many years? Yeah. I wish he’d take people seriously. I’d like to see him have to take at least 1 war, but if you dance around with disrespect for your opponents power, eventually you’ll get popped just like him. That’s what you get for being a cocky and careless (deliberately) defender.

Yeah, didn’t the punch catch him when he was tippety-toed?

But I don’t think Anderson can find it in himself to really care enough to “get back on track”. He’s had such an amazing career.

From memory, the spider had to find his groove in his last six fights with dancing around/mindfucking with the opponent.

In reality, he’s two or three years past his prime even though that is still more then enough to outright destroy 99% of all fighters.

He got caught, Period! No real testament to his deminished skills or Weidman’s talent. Silva may be done, he may truly be tired. And remember walking away after one bad fight is not completely unheard of if not rare.
Haglar walked and never looked back. I even remember what he said. “it’s hard to wake up at 5 am and do road work when you’re wearing Silk pajamas”. Sometimes even a warior gets tired

All that talent was wasted on a stupid clown. Im so happy that this happened in the most humiliating way with how he choose to carry himself in the octagon. Fighters that I love and respect; Fedor, Crocop, Igor, Sergei would have never pulled this shit. Im not sure if this loss was the most embarrassing or the one where Alistair basically walked into Bigfoots punches.

[quote]four60 wrote:
He got caught, Period! No real testament to his deminished skills or Weidman’s talent. Silva may be done, he may truly be tired. And remember walking away after one bad fight is not completely unheard of if not rare.
Haglar walked and never looked back. I even remember what he said. “it’s hard to wake up at 5 am and do road work when you’re wearing Silk pajamas”. Sometimes even a warior gets tired[/quote]

Hagler had so many awesome quotes … My favorite was " before the celebration comes the isolation"

His last bout with Hearns was epic, and probably (IMO) the most exciting 3 rounds of boxing in history

Didn’t mean to Hijack … Mere mention of Marvelous Marvin gets me pumped