Ufc 156

I honestly think Anderson would destroy Rashad even easier than Machida did. I don’t think there is anything about Rashad’s skill set that would give Silva any problems (at MW or LHW).

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
I honestly think Anderson would destroy Rashad even easier than Machida did. I don’t think there is anything about Rashad’s skill set that would give Silva any problems (at MW or LHW).[/quote]

Well, guess that depends on how you define “easier.”

It really doesnt get any easier than what Machida did. However, Anderson would likely do it quicker. If that is considered easier, then yes, probably.

Rashad has shown that he is unwilling to really mix it up with good strikers. He stays waaay out on the outside, which negates the threat of the take down. The problem with Nog is that he wasnt fast enough to chase Rashad down. Machida was. Anderon is too. It wouldnt be surprising if Rashad didnt land a single significant strike against Anderson should they meet.

Fuck the blackzillians. You don’t start a gym with that fucking name except that you have a dumb fuck ego. You don’t join a gym with that name except that you have a worse ego.

Overeem pissed me off. All his jiving and talking shit is not his style. Shut the fuck up, find a dungeon to train in and keep away from those piss head wannabe’s at Blackzillians because they made you a dumb fighter last night. Fucken get clocked by a slow, un-athletic shit like Big foot. I’m actually glad it happened to him because he will either wake the fuck up or show us how volatile he is and how he prefers ego stroking over pulverising fists. I hope it’s the former.

Fuck Edgar. I said it a million times before, he’s not a fighter. He’s a guy with a chin and cardio who is on crack and bounces around like a fucking bunny. Someone should teach that cunt to ground himself. You can use your speed much better if you have a platform to launch off. He’s in the air so fucking much there is no way for him to be effective.
Aldo pissed me off too. WTF was he worried about?
Maia? meh
everyone else? meh… couldn’t be assed. Glad I fell asleep in the end

Fitch’s sub defense wasn’t great; it’s just harder to get the RNC with gloves on.

[quote]humble wrote:
Fuck the blackzillians. You don’t start a gym with that fucking name except that you have a dumb fuck ego. You don’t join a gym with that name except that you have a worse ego.

Overeem pissed me off. All his jiving and talking shit is not his style. Shut the fuck up, find a dungeon to train in and keep away from those piss head wannabe’s at Blackzillians because they made you a dumb fighter last night. Fucken get clocked by a slow, un-athletic shit like Big foot. I’m actually glad it happened to him because he will either wake the fuck up or show us how volatile he is and how he prefers ego stroking over pulverising fists. I hope it’s the former.

Fuck Edgar. I said it a million times before, he’s not a fighter. He’s a guy with a chin and cardio who is on crack and bounces around like a fucking bunny. Someone should teach that cunt to ground himself. You can use your speed much better if you have a platform to launch off. He’s in the air so fucking much there is no way for him to be effective.
Aldo pissed me off too. WTF was he worried about?
Maia? meh
everyone else? meh… couldn’t be assed. Glad I fell asleep in the end[/quote]

Yeah, Edgar is annoying as fuck to watch, and it was annoying as fuck that Aldo didnt try to finish. Not even once. Jabbed the fuck out of him and nothing more.

I agree about Blackzilians, think they are relying too much on all their big names rather than on actually improving themselves. Also, how the fuck did Overeems corner not tell him to quit fucking around and go for the kill?

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
Fitch’s sub defense wasn’t great; it’s just harder to get the RNC with gloves on. [/quote]

You’re a tard. Fitch is like 30 for 30 career UFC submission defenses after that fight. His sub defense is not only great, its the absolute best.

Edgars footwork is in the same realm as Bispings. They both have goldberg lettuce and rogaine jerking off over it, but they look like fucking ducks trying to sprint.

And I’m sorry, i don’t care how mobile you are, if your “footwork” is placing you in a position to eat shots rather than throw shots, you have bad footwork.

yes im still bitter about bigfoot smackin overeem

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Edgars footwork is in the same realm as Bispings. They both have goldberg lettuce and rogaine jerking off over it, but they look like fucking ducks trying to sprint.

And I’m sorry, i don’t care how mobile you are, if your “footwork” is placing you in a position to eat shots rather than throw shots, you have bad footwork.

yes im still bitter about bigfoot smackin overeem[/quote]

Apparently all it takes to have incredible footwork according to Rogan and the UFC is to buzz around like a bee non-stop the entire fight. Just ask Bisping, Edgar and Rashad. Funny how none of those guys are particularly effective against truly good strikers with truly great foot work.

Machida, Anderson and Aldo are perfect examples of great foot work. ESPECIALLY the former two. They are proof that you have to know when to move, and when to have a platform to launch off of.

Yes im still bitter too, but more angry at Overeem for being a dumbass than anything else.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
Fitch’s sub defense wasn’t great; it’s just harder to get the RNC with gloves on. [/quote]

You’re a tard. Fitch is like 30 for 30 career UFC submission defenses after that fight. His sub defense is not only great, its the absolute best. [/quote]
I was referring to the Maia fight. How many different subs did he go for? One, the RNC. Take off the gloves and he taps or goes to sleep. Maia had a dominant position and saw no need to extend himself and risk losing it. The defense wasn’t great as the effort to choke him wasn’t that great. Add in the gloves and you get a somewhat boring grind fest.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

You’re a tard. Fitch is like 30 for 30 career UFC submission defenses after that fight. His sub defense is not only great, its the absolute best. [/quote]
I was referring to the Maia fight. How many different subs did he go for? One, the RNC. Take off the gloves and he taps or goes to sleep. Maia had a dominant position and saw no need to extend himself and risk losing it. The defense wasn’t great as the effort to choke him wasn’t that great. Add in the gloves and you get a somewhat boring grind fest. [/quote]
This is a really dumb comment. Having someones back is the most dominant position you can have on the ground, why wouldn’t he keep it there? Most guys not named Jon Fitch would have tapped to Maia, yes even with gloves. No need to extend himself? GTFO.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

I was referring to the Maia fight. How many different subs did he go for? One, the RNC. Take off the gloves and he taps or goes to sleep. Maia had a dominant position and saw no need to extend himself and risk losing it. The defense wasn’t great as the effort to choke him wasn’t that great. Add in the gloves and you get a somewhat boring grind fest. [/quote]
Having someones back is the most dominant position you can have on the ground, why wouldn’t he keep it there?[/quote]
Isn’t that what I said?

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

Having someones back is the most dominant position you can have on the ground, why wouldn’t he keep it there?[/quote]
Isn’t that what I said? [/quote]
I’m referring to the extend himself comment. He had the back and was going for the finish, what more would you like him to do? It’d not like this was Guida Hioki.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

I’m referring to the extend himself comment. He had the back and was going for the finish, what more would you like him to do? It’d not like this was Guida Hioki.[/quote]

This.

Very few guys would have been able to hang with maia on their back for nearly 3 rounds and not tap. Why didnt Fitch tap? Cause his godam sub defense is great.

You dont have to extend yourself when you have a back mount body triangle to get a RNC. He just couldnt do it

Can we forget about Fitch and Maia for now? Both cunts should be banned from the UFC and should stick to grappling tourneys. Both as boring as fuck in a MMA fight.

Can we instead please continue bagging Overeem ( who yes I was a nuthugger of) and keep shitting on frankies footwork. Makes me feel better

Frankie’s footwork?

I’ve seen better footwork at a wheelchair basketball game.
(Better?)

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

I’m referring to the extend himself comment. He had the back and was going for the finish, what more would you like him to do? It’d not like this was Guida Hioki.[/quote]

This.

Very few guys would have been able to hang with maia on their back for nearly 3 rounds and not tap. Why didnt Fitch tap? Cause his godam sub defense is great.

You dont have to extend yourself when you have a back mount body triangle to get a RNC. He just couldnt do it[/quote]
He could have gone for an armbar or tried to switch to mount. The sub defense was not great because great sub defense would have included escaping the position. Holding onto Maia’s arms, over and over, is a basic defense that relies on a ref stepping in to stand it back up or the bell to ring in order to escape or the opponent gets frustrated and attempts a different submission. It’s not a way to win but a way to lose a decision. Also, Maia was a nice guy about getting the choke.

[quote]humble wrote:
Can we forget about Fitch and Maia for now? Both cunts should be banned from the UFC and should stick to grappling tourneys. Both as boring as fuck in a MMA fight.

Can we instead please continue bagging Overeem ( who yes I was a nuthugger of) and keep shitting on frankies footwork. Makes me feel better

[/quote]
Rick Story’s exploding head disagrees.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:

[/quote]
Rick Story’s exploding head disagrees. [/quote]

I used to think Overeem was a nice, relaxed person, largely from having viewed a few of his blog episodes. As soon as he said JDS was scared of him, I started doubting what I originally thought. I am glad Silva punished his smug confidence. He maybe really should have won. Edit: Still, I wonder how Silva could be a title contender after the slaughter he was sent to last May. Dos Santos was slaughtered too, but at least has enough of a past resume it is only time before he gets another title shot. Silva admitted his previous victory came after (Travis Browne?) his opponent buggered his knee.

Junior, after he feels better, I suggest be rematched with Stefan Struve, if not Overeem, and monitored to see if he is rejuvenated enough for another try at the belt.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
So:

Maia outwrestled Fitch

Bigfoot KO’d Reem

Big Nog outboxed Evans, and takedowns/wrestling was a non-issue

I really did great with those predictions.

Does this make a Cain vs Bigfoot re-match? How much of the Overeem show was ring rust vs. training camp?

Also, I should mention I was given a bottle of Jim Beam Black, and I don’t hate it. That alone was surprising to me.

My suggestions are based on using the, pour 2-3 fingers worth in a glass and add a splash of water or an ice cube method of serving.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Overeem didn’t look rusty nor badly trained. He just got SOOOO cocky in round 3, dropping his hands and trying to play Anderson Silva while standing right in front of a 280 lb guy, that he paid for it. He handily won the first two rounds without even trying, or really unloading yet at any point. He could have EASILY won that fight, and has no one but his own ego to blame. Stupidest fighting tactics EVER.

[quote]DeadKong wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:

[/quote]
Rick Story’s exploding head disagrees. [/quote]

I used to think Overeem was a nice, relaxed person, largely from having viewed a few of his blog episodes. As soon as he said JDS was scared of him, I started doubting what I originally thought. I am glad Silva punished his smug confidence. He maybe really should have won. Edit: Still, I wonder how Silva could be a title contender after the slaughter he was sent to last May. Dos Santos was slaughtered too, but at least has enough of a past resume it is only time before he gets another title shot. Silva admitted his previous victory came after (Travis Browne?) his opponent buggered his knee.

Junior, after he feels better, I suggest be rematched with Stefan Struve, if not Overeem, and monitored to see if he is rejuvenated enough for another try at the belt.[/quote]

I’d still really like to see Overeem vs. JDS. (I think Overeem owns him, assuming he’s learned not to play uber-cocky again.)

As for who should fight Cain for the belt next, I REALLY have no interest in seeing Bigfoot fight him again. Yes, it might go longer next time, but Cain easily wins that one barring any insane flukes, and I just don’t yet see Silva as being title-fight material just yet. He only won against Overeem because Overeem decided to voluntarily remove his own brain in the third round and stood in front of him, hands down.

I’d like to see Cain vs. Cormier, but it seems like that’ll never happen.

I’d like to see Cain vs. Barnett, but Barnett hasn’t done enough as of late to earn a title shot.

I suppose Cain vs. Werdum makes the most sense purely from a rankings/contender standpoint in a way, but they’d be lucky if they sold 3 PPV buys for that one.

Fucking Overeem. Jeezus.

Edit: I wish Fedor were a few years younger and in still in the prime of his game. That would have made things SO much more interesting right about now.