T Nation

UFC 156

I think Edgar could pull a rocky, but realistically Aldo has him outclassed in this fight. - Aldo
I can’t see lil’nog beating evans, but he certainly has the power to end it early - going with Evans.
reem vs foot. Reem.
maia vs fitch. I honestly can’t see fitch beating maia on the ground. I know others disagree but for me this one is too tough to call. I like fitch, I think he’s #2 in the division right now, but for some reason i think Maia is going to beat him. -maia
mccall vs bendo - no idea.

oh shit its started already!

I’m at work somebody let me know whats happening!

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I’m at work somebody let me know whats happening![/quote]

Ok, Maia dominated Fitch on the way to a unanimous decision and BigFoot just KO’d Overeem at the beginning of the 3rd.

Well. Didn’t see THAT coming.

[quote]SKman wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I’m at work somebody let me know whats happening![/quote]

and BigFoot just KO’d Overeem at the beginning of the 3rd.[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaat??

Overeem pretty much dominated the 1st two rounds, but he kept standing in front of Silva with his hands down and got caught.

Little Nog via death by boredom. His least exciting win ever, par for the course for an Evans fight.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]SKman wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I’m at work somebody let me know whats happening![/quote]

and BigFoot just KO’d Overeem at the beginning of the 3rd.[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaat??[/quote]
Uncle creepy lost, maia fitch’d fitch, silva Overeemed Overeem and diet nog decisioned Rashad in a boring fight. It was a come from behind win for big foot, little action in the first two rds though.

Aldo and Edgar was so close. I really thought Edgar might have had it. Disapointed

The Reem got ‘rope a doped’ well… not in the boxing sense, but he certainly got his clock cleaned.

and yeah i thought the edgar aldo fight should have been a tie. third round was to close.

[quote]SKman wrote:
Overeem pretty much dominated the 1st two rounds, but he kept standing in front of Silva with his hands down and got caught.[/quote]

Damn. Lack of respect, gets ya hurt every time. Bleh.

WTF big foot knocked out overeem wtf wtf

fuck this ufc shit fucking weekend ruined mate

Wow, for the most stacked card in some time, it sure as hell didnt deliver.

Nothing to say about the first fight of the main card. Who gives a fuck about flyweights?

Maia/Fitch was an extremely boring grapple-fuck. Fitch looked slow, lacked any explosiveness, and obviously cant gameplan for shit. How the fuck was he so unprepared for the take down? Only thing impressive about him in that fight was his sub defense. This fight proves that Fitch will never get another shot at the belt.

Overeem…what the fuck. Was winning the fight without even really trying, and then his cockiness and lack of respect for Big Foot’s power gets him KTFO. The HW division is so uninteresting to me right now. Big Foot is good but will never hold the belt. I dont care to see it change hands between JDS and Cain, and while Reem has the potential to shake things up still, hes gonna have to start from scratch again. This time i hope he checks his fuckin ego at the cage door.

Was never much of a Rashad of lil Nog fan, and this fight didnt change my mind. Rashad showed that he is still the exact same fighter who got KTFO by Machida. Scared to really engage in the striking, and his wrestling is not as dangerous as many believe. Nog is Nog, not bad but not great. He’ll likely never contend for the belt. If he does he gets hurt.

The main even was probably the best fight but still left something to be desired. By the end of the third it was becoming clear that Edgar was beginning to catch onto Aldo’s game. It baffles me that Aldo made NO ADJUSTMENTS. He quit leg kicking, and relied on countering with the jab the entire fight. How the fuck did he think that was gonna put Edgar away? Im also baffled that he didnt chop Edgar’s legs down with kicks throughout the first 2 rounds while he was still fresh. Had he done this, that fight would have looked much different.

Cant fucking stand watching 5 rounds of Edgar and his “amazing footwork.” Yeah hes got heart, but his style is boring, hes a point-fighter, and he never does anything differently.

Overall i wish i hadnt even left the house for this one. I expected some awesome moments out of this card based on all the names attached to it. Unless you are a Big Foot fan, i dont think it delivered.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
WTF big foot knocked out overeem wtf wtf

fuck this ufc shit fucking weekend ruined mate[/quote]

I know.

Overeem only has himself to blame. It was his fight to lose, he had all the tools to win but his attitude and lack of respect were his Achilles heal.

When you have someone backing up towards the cage how do you not unload with a heavy combo? Especially when you are the former K-1 Grand prix champ.

So:

Maia outwrestled Fitch

Bigfoot KO’d Reem

Big Nog outboxed Evans, and takedowns/wrestling was a non-issue

I really did great with those predictions.

Does this make a Cain vs Bigfoot re-match? How much of the Overeem show was ring rust vs. training camp?

Also, I should mention I was given a bottle of Jim Beam Black, and I don’t hate it. That alone was surprising to me.

My suggestions are based on using the, pour 2-3 fingers worth in a glass and add a splash of water or an ice cube method of serving.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:
So:

Maia outwrestled Fitch

Bigfoot KO’d Reem

Big Nog outboxed Evans, and takedowns/wrestling was a non-issue

I really did great with those predictions.

Does this make a Cain vs Bigfoot re-match? How much of the Overeem show was ring rust vs. training camp?

Also, I should mention I was given a bottle of Jim Beam Black, and I don’t hate it. That alone was surprising to me.

My suggestions are based on using the, pour 2-3 fingers worth in a glass and add a splash of water or an ice cube method of serving.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]
gotta drink it straight

People are crazy for counting Bigfoot out.
He’s a scary, legit superheavyweight, dangerous in any position.

Ultimately, it happened because Bigfoot kept a strong will and got what I call “second heart” while Overeem’s spirit wilted.
That’s his biggest weakness, but so what, you can’t be strong everywhere.

Of course the idiots will keep harping about “hands up”.

I’ve been an Overeem fan for over ten years.
He will rebound. His titleshot will come.

Aldo is scary.

Great performance by Maia, but I’m not a fan of drying up two weight classes to bully guys around.

Nog played his cards well and Rashad had nothing.

Damn Brazilians.
Joel Silva better work hard and come up with harder matchups against those amazon savages, or else we’ll all have to learn portugese to properly address our masters.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
People are crazy for counting Bigfoot out.
He’s a scary, legit superheavyweight, dangerous in any position.

Ultimately, it happened because Bigfoot kept a strong will and got what I call “second heart” while Overeem’s spirit wilted.
That’s his biggest weakness, but so what, you can’t be strong everywhere.

Of course the idiots will keep harping about “hands up”.

I’ve been an Overeem fan for over ten years.
He will rebound. His titleshot will come.

Aldo is scary.

Great performance by Maia, but I’m not a fan of drying up two weight classes to bully guys around.

Nog played his cards well and Rashad had nothing.

Damn Brazilians.
Joel Silva better work hard and come up with harder matchups against those amazon savages, or else we’ll all have to learn portugese to properly address our masters.

[/quote]
I think it had more to do with Reem being way too cocky and keeping his hands down.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
People are crazy for counting Bigfoot out.
He’s a scary, legit superheavyweight, dangerous in any position.

Ultimately, it happened because Bigfoot kept a strong will and got what I call “second heart” while Overeem’s spirit wilted.
That’s his biggest weakness, but so what, you can’t be strong everywhere.

Of course the idiots will keep harping about “hands up”.

I’ve been an Overeem fan for over ten years.
He will rebound. His titleshot will come.

Aldo is scary.

Great performance by Maia, but I’m not a fan of drying up two weight classes to bully guys around.

Nog played his cards well and Rashad had nothing.

Damn Brazilians.
Joel Silva better work hard and come up with harder matchups against those amazon savages, or else we’ll all have to learn portugese to properly address our masters.

[/quote]
I think it had more to do with Reem being way too cocky and keeping his hands down.
[/quote]

This. He didnt wilt. He easily won 2 rounds while toying with Big Foot. But it is as Schwarz said, you should never count a guy out, and thats what Reem did. The better fighter lost, but the more respectful fighter won.

I really hope Reem learns from this. He showed in that fight that he has the ability to easily control Big Foot and neutralize the ground game, but that cockiness will get him hurt against the top 5. I will be interested to see what he says in the next episode of The Reem.

Another thing to note: LOL at the fact that many guys (including Rashad) thought that the guy to beat Anderson would be a 185 lb Rashad.

Would be Rashad/Machida all over again.