T Nation

UFC 153- Silva v Bonnar

Whaaaaat??

No one’s giving a shit about this???

This should be a pretty entertaining card. I’m particularly looking forward to seeing Nogueira v herman, Fitch v Silva and, of course, Anderson Silva v Bonnar.

The odds are in favour of Anderson but it’ll be interesting to see what Bonnar will bring to the fight. And props to him for stepping up to fight Silva with only a month notice.

Damn, my English sucks these days.

Fuck it.

I am worried that the only things Bonnar will have are heart and a good chin. This fight may get him very hurt.

I find it hard to pick anyone not named St. Pierre over Fitch, and I think Silva is going to get smothered.

I will root for Big Nog, but wish he would retire and just coach/teach.

I will pick Phil Davis, because I don’t think Prado can do what Evans did. I think the eye poke grudge match is going to be one sided.

My question marks are Glover Texiera and Rick Story. If they both perform to potential I see them winning their fights, but I am no where near sure.

Regards,

Robert A

I love the forrest/bonar table scene about advice pre fight - commercial… fucken hilarious.

Poor Bonar, fed to the sharks but oh my god should he pull something off, it would be fucking Cinderalla story of the 21st century!

I see Bonnar winning. He has severely underrated bjj, a great chin, and power in both ha… yeah no he’s getting pwned here. Hope it will be a fun fight though, but I just don’t see a way he can pull this off, barring Silva being/getting hurt.

Fitch over Silva. I want Silva to win, but this is a big step up. The thing with Fitch though, is that if you have good striking and can avoid that black-hole of his ground game you might have a chance; Silva’s pretty damn athletic and knows how to counter wrestle.

Big Nog over Herman with low confidence. Poor guy is coming back from a hell of a layoff, but I think his boxing is a level above Herman (and admittedly not that great).

I can’t wait to watch Silva put a clinic on Bonnar. I have to give Bonnar mad props to even set foot in the cage with him. Silva has been my favorite fighter since his first appearance in the octagon. I thought it was Ernesto Hoosts twin brother.

I hope Silva schools Fitch. I can’t stand Fitch. Silva is very explosive and athletic so I think he has a decent shot of being able to avoid the lay and pray.

I’m not to excited about the Nog fight. I have never been a fan of the Nog brothers.

Silva clearly dismantles Bonnar, but given that the man can’t be KOd or submitted and is unable to quit, this is going to be a disgusting bloody mess. Scar Tissue, meet Elbow.

Nog and Pee Wee; Hairy Herman would’ve won, shaved Herman loses. Smells like a sub, this one, for some reason.

Always hope to see Fitch lose. Gotta assume Silva has been working the absolute fuck out of his sprawls and if he keeps it standing, he wins a UD.

Never seen Prado do anything besides getting eye poked by Wonderful, but he’s supposedly an undefeated knockout machine? Sounds like he’ll get smothered for 3 rounds by a guy with good wrestling, pink shorts and fantastic hip to shoulder ratio. Their weigh-in cracked me up though.

Maia and Story are going to have a kickboxing match. That makes me very sad. At least if Maia had some sense we’d get to see flopping and butt scooting. If this touches the ground, it’s a sub of the night, if it remains standing, clumsy striking horror show UD for Story.

As always, looking forward to Tibau weighing 200lbs at 155 and Joe Rogan saying HYYYYOOOGE LIGHTWEIGHT many, many times.

[quote]Khaine wrote:
Silva clearly dismantles Bonnar, but given that the man can’t be KOd or submitted and is unable to quit, this is going to be a disgusting bloody mess. Scar Tissue, meet Elbow.

Nog and Pee Wee; Hairy Herman would’ve won, shaved Herman loses. Smells like a sub, this one, for some reason.

Always hope to see Fitch lose. Gotta assume Silva has been working the absolute fuck out of his sprawls and if he keeps it standing, he wins a UD.

Never seen Prado do anything besides getting eye poked by Wonderful, but he’s supposedly an undefeated knockout machine? Sounds like he’ll get smothered for 3 rounds by a guy with good wrestling, pink shorts and fantastic hip to shoulder ratio. Their weigh-in cracked me up though.

Maia and Story are going to have a kickboxing match. That makes me very sad. At least if Maia had some sense we’d get to see flopping and butt scooting. If this touches the ground, it’s a sub of the night, if it remains standing, clumsy striking horror show UD for Story.

As always, looking forward to Tibau weighing 200lbs at 155 and Joe Rogan saying HYYYYOOOGE LIGHTWEIGHT many, many times.[/quote]

Jesus christ how does someone even cut 45lbs of water and not be in hospital

I’m looking forward to Glover Teixeira’s match again Maldonado. Glover’s currently looking like the next big thing in the light-heavyweight division, and I would love to see a future Jones vs. Teixeira match in the future with Glover dethroning Jones.

The whole UFC 151 cancellation thing plus his DUI left really lowered my opinion of Jones. Granted he is still very young and has lots of maturing to do, his Christian-based self righteousness is really annoying (i.e. when he uses ‘carry the cross’ metaphorically for taking on some kind of burden). If you want to present yourself as good Christian role-model, be a little more humble and don’t flaunt your faith. That’s my two cents…

Silva is going to do to Bonnar what just what he did against Griffin, embarrass him like no one tought would even be possible. Pain filled night for Bonnar, but it’ll be a treat to watch and great entertainment for sure, nothing to do with sport though, more like a slaughter.

I too believe Fitch is going to Fitch the shit out of Silva. Silva is definitely exciting and a blast to watch, unlike Fitch, but I think this is just too big a step up in competition for him. Lackluster 15 minutes of grinding and a very frustrated Silva is my prediction since I haven’t seen enough from Silva to convince me otherwise. Young and talented for sure, but beating guys like Brenneman and a bunch of guys who for all I know might not even be in the UFC anymore with an ease doesn’t really convince me that he is going to KO Fitch in 10 seconds like Hendricks did. To me Fitch is still top 5 170 pounder without a doubt and Silva hasn’t done enough to even justify top 10 spot.

Story - Maia is interesting too, most people seem to be trending towards Maia taking advantage of Story’s aggressive style but much like Khaine I believe its going to be a sloppy kickboxing match where Story’s power is going to take the win after 15 minutes.

Kinda like Silva - Bonnar I’m also looking for short and brutal slaughter in both Davis’ and Teixeira’s fights.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Jesus christ how does someone even cut 45lbs of water and not be in hospital[/quote]

+1. Big time.

I’ll go way out on a limb and say that Bonnar will go the distance.

Ha ha…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’ll go way out on a limb and say that Bonnar will go the distance.

Ha ha…[/quote]

Well, he has only been stopped by cuts in the past…

Regards,

Robert A

Bonnar will not win anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking crack lol.

Didn’t Dana White spend years trashing Fedor for fighting cans? And now this main event? Hmmmm . . .

[quote]Damici wrote:
Didn’t Dana White spend years trashing Fedor for fighting cans? And now this main event? Hmmmm . . .[/quote]

I wouldn’t call Bonnar a can I think he will put up a decent fight.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Damn, my English sucks these days.

Fuck it.[/quote]

I don’t see a thing wrong with your post did you edit it?

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:
Didn’t Dana White spend years trashing Fedor for fighting cans? And now this main event? Hmmmm . . .[/quote]

I wouldn’t call Bonnar a can I think he will put up a decent fight. [/quote]

Really? How 'bout now? :wink:

[PS: I’m not calling Bonnar a “can,” I’m just saying he was in no way qualified to be matched up with Anderson Silva. Silva should really only be fighting Top 2 or Top 3 guys in whatever weight division he fights in.]

[quote]Damici wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

[PS: I’m not calling Bonnar a “can,” I’m just saying he was in no way qualified to be matched up with Anderson Silva. Silva should really only be fighting Top 2 or Top 3 guys in whatever weight division he fights in.][/quote]

Dude, I didn’t see it and probably wont be able to for a while. Expand, how bad, what happened?

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

[PS: I’m not calling Bonnar a “can,” I’m just saying he was in no way qualified to be matched up with Anderson Silva. Silva should really only be fighting Top 2 or Top 3 guys in whatever weight division he fights in.][/quote]

Dude, I didn’t see it and probably wont be able to for a while. Expand, how bad, what happened?[/quote]

spoiler alert for the whiny fucks

he made Bonnar look silly. Silva just stood there in one spot against the cage with his hands down and let Bonnar try to hit him. Then after a little bit of that he tripped Bonnar and when he was scrambling to get up caught him in the chest with a huge knee and dropped him.