UFC 146 JDS v Mir

spoiler

let me repeat myself:
Ellbows have to go.

Damn, was my gut feeling wrong :slight_smile:

Well, Mir’s gut seemed out of place, too - after two dozen bodyshots.

Great night of fights. I love finishes.
Stipe Miocic is going to be a beast.

This really was a good night of fights.

Spoiler alert…

Was devastated about Bardoza …:frowning:

Cain was on a damn mission. He is very deceiving when he strikes. Looks like he’s not moving very fast or hitting hard at all but the devastation he caused can cause serious psychological issues in the opponent for quite some time.
Great performance.
Dos is da man… holy cow he has lead in his hands.
MIR was outta shape badly.

Big Country lmao… bloody hell Herman has a glass jaw.

Dan Hardy… click click boom ay?

Not bad card, nothing compared to what it could’ve been but theres absolutely nothing wrong with a maincard stacked with 1st and 2nd round finishes.

Bigfoot - Cain was pretty devastating, nice work by Cain and I have a feeling Bigfoot is going to get a whole lot of stiches… Junior was impressive, Dana sais Cain is the next man to face JDS. Don’t know if I would’ve rather seen Cormier - JDS instead, but definitely wouldn’t complain, not really any better options out there with Reem out of the picture for 9 months and Cormier probably out for some time with his broken hand. Nelson got his homerun shot going again, good to see him get a win before he’ll be thrown to the lions for another beatdown… Kind of had a feeling Varner might take it, a lot of hype behind Barboza considering that all he really shines in is his flashy MT when people let him use it at will, lots of holes in his game that need to be filled before we can start talking about title contetion. Nice shot by Hardy as well.

[quote]humble wrote:
This really was a good night of fights.

Spoiler alert…

Was devastated about Bardoza …:frowning:

[/quote]

Speak for yourself :smiley: Been waiting for that after that Pearson decision. But holy hell did Varner look sharp with that right hand.

And yeah, Cain didn’t fuck around one bit. Take the BJJ Black belt down and punch him in the head till he turns into a white belt.

Mir out of shape? Hmmm, I’d say he just looked like he always does you know? He can’t or won’t fight aggressively, which is a shame because it looked for a minute or two that JDS wasn’t comfortable. Frank shoots for a single, nearly gets the damn thing, and proceeds to FAKE a takedown ONCE in the next 4:30 of the round, all the while letting the superior puncher settle in to a rhythm.

Bad fight for him.

Mir only shot once. At the end of the fight when he said he couldn’t get dos Santos down, I was real confused because he only tried once. If you look at other fighters (Jake Shields, Koscheck, etc…) they will constantly try to close the gap and shoot, and this is what I thought Mir was doing when he was backing JDS toward the cage the whole fight.

If he were to shoot, dos Santos would have been more worried about the sprawl, and not trying to punch his head off, and if he did get tagged it would have ended in the same result anyway. I just don’t understand. Mir looked hesitant, like he was in the right position and just didn’t do anything with it.

It is important to note that, JDS has never really been on his back before though, but still that doesn’t mean that you shoot once, give up, and change game plans to the one that plays into your opponents hands and avoids what you are best at. I could be wrong though.

-Zep

i hope mir gets one or two more fights against journeyman/prospect type competition, gets some wins, and retires.

i think he has a great future in commentating on fights, he did a great job in the WCW.

I laughed until tears ran down my cheeks as I watched Cain Velasquez beat down big foot. Who ever thought that this was going to be a good match up? Oh that’s right no one, Dana White wanted to throw Cain a bone.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
i hope mir gets one or two more fights against journeyman/prospect type competition, gets some wins, and retires.

i think he has a great future in commentating on fights, he did a great job in the WCW. [/quote]

I agree heavy. He certainly is smart and articulate enough as well as respectable enough to have a bright future in commentating. He certainly rips on goldberg. The good thing is that he has been there and done that and will largely speak with authority and not just as a ‘voice’.

very much so. he has a future in the game behind the mic if he chooses, i hope he does.