Ufc 133

Vlady is out too =(

Tito Ortiz is an asshat, simply cannot root for him nor do I think he will beat Rashad Evans

It’s all marketing, he is a nice person.

[quote]cromwell2007 wrote:
Tito Ortiz is an asshat, simply cannot root for him nor do I think he will beat Rashad Evans[/quote]

I don’t know, he would have won their first fight (had he not had a point taken away for grabbing the fence) and that was before he had his surgery and was (at least according to Tito) still pretty jacked up. I honestly think that Tito could still give many of the top LHW guys a run for their money if he comes in healthy and hungry. Rashad is a small LHW and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tito bully him into a victory.

Then again, that is if Tito comes hungry and healthy, something which he has a history of not doing lately.

He kept fighting top talents on the LHW, i’m pretty sure he can make his career last if his spent some time beating the mid-tiers like Minotouro or Luiz Cane.

BUMP come on, fellas!

Overall good card.

Hamill is going to wind up brain damaged if he doesn’t learn some head movement.

Rory MacDonald continues to impress.

Akiyama continues to make me wonder why I thought he was good.

I think Ortiz paid for the quick turnaround, not sure if it would have changed the outcome though.

Uncomfortable suprise of the night. Dennis Hallman’s bannana hammock. It made the chest hair arrow look like a completely rational thing to do.

Regards

Robert A

Belfort used some classic shotokan movements i use on sparring every time, using the lead leg to give a quick sweep to get the opponent destabilized and following with a straight, and it did work.

I guess he is still working with Jayme Sandall.

But, i still don’t like him, very cheap to give 2 blows to the back of the head.

I guess is free for all to back to the head blows till someones gets a MAJOR injury

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
Belfort used some classic shotokan movements i use on sparring every time, using the lead leg to give a quick sweep to get the opponent destabilized and following with a straight, and it did work.

I guess he is still working with Jayme Sandall.

But, i still don’t like him, very cheap to give 2 blows to the back of the head.

I guess is free for all to back to the head blows till someones gets a MAJOR injury[/quote]

Carwin’s knockout of Mir is the worst example of this and the WORST reffing I can recall in the UFC.

Mir is belly down. Carwin is beating on him. Fight should be stopped. It isn’t. Carwin lands a shot to the base of the skull and piths Mir like a frog in a freshman bio lab. Mir goes limp. Ref stops fight after clearly illegal blow and declares Carwin the winner. If the fight would have been stopped earlier sure, but after the foul? That is a DQ.

Regards,

Robert A

It seems blows to the back of the head are ‘legal’ as long as you’re about to finish (that’s what he said).

Seriously though, would it be fine and good to DQ a guy for a couple of shots to the back of the head when his opponent is clearly out of it? Most people still consider Jon Jones to be unbeaten afterall, and Lesnar’s loss to Mir is marred by that intermission and point deduction.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
It seems blows to the back of the head are ‘legal’ as long as you’re about to finish (that’s what he said).[/quote]
Wow, that got me.

[quote]
Seriously though, would it be fine and good to DQ a guy for a couple of shots to the back of the head when his opponent is clearly out of it? Most people still consider Jon Jones to be unbeaten afterall, and Lesnar’s loss to Mir is marred by that intermission and point deduction.[/quote]

I see and appreciate your point. I guess my counter point is to say that once someone is out of it it is even MORE important to enforce the rules. I mean the goal is not “No foul blows until you knock your man out. Then you can brain 'em with a fucking hammer as long as you stop when the ref finally notices he has stopped twitching in an intelligently defensive manner.”

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Diet Nog just pulled out of his fight with Franklin, this card is cursed[/quote]

Diet nog ahahhahha that’s fucking great

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]rundymc wrote:
It seems blows to the back of the head are ‘legal’ as long as you’re about to finish (that’s what he said).[/quote]
Wow, that got me.

[quote]
Seriously though, would it be fine and good to DQ a guy for a couple of shots to the back of the head when his opponent is clearly out of it? Most people still consider Jon Jones to be unbeaten afterall, and Lesnar’s loss to Mir is marred by that intermission and point deduction.[/quote]

I see and appreciate your point. I guess my counter point is to say that once someone is out of it it is even MORE important to enforce the rules. I mean the goal is not “No foul blows until you knock your man out. Then you can brain 'em with a fucking hammer as long as you stop when the ref finally notices he has stopped twitching in an intelligently defensive manner.”

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Hmmm true. I think if they were to enforce this rule, it’d take at least two high profile DQs, which will no doubt be controversial, for fighters to really catch on. That or serious injury, and no one wants that.

I really hope belfort gets DQ, this is getting out of hand lately.

The main card was awesome! I loved it. Well done Rashad. ‘I’m getting my belt back. Rwaaarrr!!’ I doubt he has any chance vs Mr Bone Jones though.

I don’t know what Hallman was thinking wearing those sexy speedo pants. Too distracting… my eyes wandered a lot during the fight and I saw his cock at some point… a good reason to get a great ground and pound from Ebersole.

I wanted Vitor to win but I really felt bad for Aki. Shit happens.

Rory Mcdonald is peaking my interest. The kid is getting better with every fight. A future champ maybe?

His banana appeared at the sweep exactly at 2:42 of the first round.

Hallman still needs more cardio and less attitude.

I am done rooting for Sexyyama. He just seems to forget that strategy is a part of fighting.

Vitor is stuck. He will be a perenial contender, but not champ.

I am looking ahead to the Rio card.

Regards,

Robert A

Oh… Kaiser, I am both disturbed and impressed that you have the cock/clock time for Hallman.

I hope the Rio card implodes, it was impossible to get tickets for it, everything in Brazil is a big scam.

It was all over twitter, i had to make sure it wasn’t a joke and watch again the full hd records, ok… now that’s disturbing.