Ufc 110

A really solid card despite no title fights.

Nog vs Cain- I see Nog submitting Cain but could see a shitty stoppage going in Cain’s favor.

Silva vs. Bisping- I’m really pulling for Silva if he gets KO’d by Bisping it’s time to retire.

Joe Daddy vs. that Australian dude- I’m not super impressed with George should be Joe dominating the entire fight.

Jardine vs. Bader- Who knows Jardine is maybe the most inconsistent fighter in the UFC,

Cro Cop vs Rothwell- Hopefully Cro Cop can get that fire back.

Sinosic Haseman who gives a flying fuck

Bonnar Sozynski- Has anyone heard Bonnar’s bs he dreamed he was going to beat Coleman with a spinning back kick and that’s why he lost because he missed and got taken down. It couldn’t be that your TD defense sucks it was all that kick. Still I want Bonnar to win.

Lytle Foster- Don’t care

Reljic Dollaway- Reljic by armbar early

Te Huna Pokrajac- ???

I see it basically the same way. This is definitely a card for those who are really into MMA.

Although I think NOg only beats Cain if he makes a mistake. And Silve could definitely beat Bisping if he hasn’t learned his lesson yet. I mean points for Bisping for toughing out his last match, but you can not do that with Silva. I don’t care how old he is, Silva still closes for the kill better than any other fighter I see.

everything else is a toss up based on which fighter shows up that night.

[quote]drewh wrote:
A really solid card despite no title fights.

Nog vs Cain- I see Nog submitting Cain but could see a shitty stoppage going in Cain’s favor.

Silva vs. Bisping- I’m really pulling for Silva if he gets KO’d by Bisping it’s time to retire.

Joe Daddy vs. that Australian dude- I’m not super impressed with George should be Joe dominating the entire fight.

Jardine vs. Bader- Who knows Jardine is maybe the most inconsistent fighter in the UFC,

Cro Cop vs Rothwell- Hopefully Cro Cop can get that fire back.

Sinosic Haseman who gives a flying fuck

Bonnar Sozynski- Has anyone heard Bonnar’s bs he dreamed he was going to beat Coleman with a spinning back kick and that’s why he lost because he missed and got taken down. It couldn’t be that your TD defense sucks it was all that kick. Still I want Bonnar to win.

Lytle Foster- Don’t care

Reljic Dollaway- Reljic by armbar early

Te Huna Pokrajac- ???

[/quote]

Only a few disagreements here.

1. Nog v Cain is hard for me to call because I love them both. Haven’t seen cain vs anyone of nog caliber on the ground so this is going to be one hell of a show.

2. Strupoloupolous or whatever his name is has looked damn good, but against some lower level fighters, joe daddy will be an apt test.

Nog versus Cain is really interesting, and could really go either way. My gut tells me that Cain is just going to outmuscle Nog on the ground, just take him down and keep him there and win a decision, but then again Nog is Nog.

The rest of the card . . . ehh. I could take it or leave it. 80% of UFC cards are like that, unfortunately. 1 interesting fight and the rest “ehh.”

Wand is usually exciting to watch at least. His style leaves him open to getting caught a lot, but I don’t think Bisping usually packs the kind of power to “catch” him hard enough to knock him out. I see Wand finishing this one.

I say:

Cain by decision, it’s gonna be a Fedor like beatdown.

Silva by KO

As much as I want Sotiropoulos as a fellow Greek to win, I think Daddy is the perfect counter to his skillset, decision for Daddy

Cro Cop should dispatch Rothwell, Rothwell is a little slow, a little soft, too much of a perfect match up even for over the hill Cro Cop

Reljic by submission or KO

Jardine vs Bader… err… not sure. Hope for a decision to Bader

Nog via sub. I think Cain will come out guns blazing and try to push the pace, then try to take it to the ground, where Nog will catch him in a sub. Somehow I envision this fight playing out similar to Tim Sylvia/Big Nog where Sylvia dominated the fight, then Nog catches him in a sub.

Silva via KO

Jo Daddy via decision

Bader via decision

CroCop via headkick (I’m really really hoping this happens)

Man, what the fuck is wrong with cro cop? Does the sight of the cage just activate some dynamic in his mind where he can’t fucking fight? He’s layed the fucking smackdown on far better opponents in DREAM and shit than the UFC has chucked at him.

Hopefully he gets over whatever is wrong and just brings that ol kick of death back.

I don’t like Bisping, hope wandy wins by brutal KTFO.

as for Sinosic - Haseman, I give a flying fuck. Haseman was a fucking badass back in the day. Sinosic was always a mid level fighter. I’m pretty sure this is something of a rematch, IIRC back in the original UFC, Haseman beat Sinosic by Hasemen performing an improvised eye gouge with his CHIN while in sinosic’s guard. Tell me that’s not fucking badass.

Nog vs cain - Nog by decision or submission.

Rest of the card I don’t really care about but will watch anyway. UFC 110 is going to be free to air here :).

Sinosic and Rothwell are out. Some guy with a 10-5 record will be fighing CC

Damn some Aussie scrub’s perosh fighting CC I looked it up and he owns a school with Sinosic, guess that’s the best they could do on short notice.

Perosh also lost to Ta Huna who’s the last fight on the undercard.

WTF HAPPENED! I swear I thought this would be the first card with no replacements! Now fuck!

Eat your words drew, George with a dominating and impressive performance over Joe Daddy. I was super impressed with George’s performance, especially in the first round. His cardio needs major improvement however, his striking was sharp and his movement was excellent in the first round, in the 2nd and 3rd it just seemed sloppy like he was exhausted. But stunning ground battle for sure. Go Aussie go.

Silva - Bisping: Man this fight was so frustrating for me to watch, A) because Joe Rogan would not shut the fuck up B) Silva kept being gunshy the whole round, every time he put a little burst on Bisping, bisping would backpedal and eat punches. Silva should’ve just pushed the fight, he would’ve ko’d him in the first C) Silva has not evolved at all, infact, I’d say his skills are worse now than they were a few years ago. He’s gunshy, not technical at all and he’s like a rock em sock robot. Still, I like Silva, and was pulling for him. Bisping got saved by the fucking bell. It would’ve had been a KTFO for Silva, and it should’ve been, the ref practically stopped the fight, but it was just as the bell sung. Doesn’t matter, Silva got UD anyway.

Nog vs Cain : Joe Rogan really needs to shut the fuck up. Not only does he talk too much, but some the shit he says was making me cringe. Kept banging on about how “technical” both strikers were. There was NOTHING technical about Cain’s striking or movement, he had fast strong hands, that was IT. Nog got caught on the button and went down.

Bonnar vs Sonwhatever: Bonnar please retire or take a year off to drastically improve your game.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Eat your words drew, George with a dominating and impressive performance over Joe Daddy. I was super impressed with George’s performance, especially in the first round. His cardio needs major improvement however, his striking was sharp and his movement was excellent in the first round, in the 2nd and 3rd it just seemed sloppy like he was exhausted. But stunning ground battle for sure. Go Aussie go.

Silva - Bisping: Man this fight was so frustrating for me to watch, A) because Joe Rogan would not shut the fuck up B) Silva kept being gunshy the whole round, every time he put a little burst on Bisping, bisping would backpedal and eat punches. Silva should’ve just pushed the fight, he would’ve ko’d him in the first C) Silva has not evolved at all, infact, I’d say his skills are worse now than they were a few years ago. He’s gunshy, not technical at all and he’s like a rock em sock robot. Still, I like Silva, and was pulling for him. Bisping got saved by the fucking bell. It would’ve had been a KTFO for Silva, and it should’ve been, the ref practically stopped the fight, but it was just as the bell sung. Doesn’t matter, Silva got UD anyway.

Nog vs Cain : Joe Rogan really needs to shut the fuck up. Not only does he talk too much, but some the shit he says was making me cringe. Kept banging on about how “technical” both strikers were. There was NOTHING technical about Cain’s striking or movement, he had fast strong hands, that was IT. Nog got caught on the button and went down.

Bonnar vs Sonwhatever: Bonnar please retire or take a year off to drastically improve your game.

[/quote]

Rogan was on crack. Rambling on 'bout Nog’s ‘knockout power’, haha.

man Nog went down hard…props to Cain on a big win, but time catches up with everyone, that wasn’t the same Nog that fought Fedor to a decision

[/quote]

Well, to Cain’s credit his striking did look a LOT more technical and crisp in this fight than it did in say his fight with Kongo. You can tell he’s really been working on it. So, in comparison to what we’ve seen in the past, yeah it was very technical. Definitely had the faster hands too.

Bonner is the perpetual gate keeper. He’ll never get let go because he always fights hard and can take a beating. But he’ll never fight for a title either IMO. He’ll be forever relegated to being a “measuring stick” for up and comers. I just don’t think he’s got the raw talent to be a top tier guy, no matter how much time he took off to try to improve his game.

Jardine Bader- Why is Jardine’s chin so shitty he was winning that fight and then lost in all of thirty seconds Greg Jackson needs to realize there is a reason boxing or muay thai doesn’t look like drunken kung fu Jardines unorthodox style isn’t a good thing if his hands are by his waist and his chin sticks up in the air.

Damn George put on ground clinic, but it’s all good because I’ve never really rooted for Joe Daddy except when he fight KenFlo. Joe ROgan needs to take Eddie Bravos nuts out of his mouth, oh that’s 10th planet jj, oh mission control, blah blah blah shut up.

Bisping Silva- It does seem like Silva is gun shy he use to swarm his opponents constantly not just at the end of the rounds.

Cain Nog- Man I guess I just have to some to terms with Nog being old and slow, the Couture fight gave me hope but he was fighting an old slow man like himself, the Herring fight should have been the biggest sign he gave Herring an ass whooping in pride and than almost lost to him. Cain looked like Cain though I want to see him fight the Gonzaga Dos Santos winner for number 1 contender.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Cain looked like Cain though I want to see him fight the Gonzaga Dos Santos winner for number 1 contender.[/quote]

Pretty sure he is getting the winner of Lesnar vs Mir/Carwin for the belt. Then they’ll probably have the winner of Gonzaga vs Dos Santos get the next shot. No use in using up all of your up and coming contenders and minimizing your opportunities for good title fights.

There was NOTHING technical about Cain’s striking or movement, he had fast strong hands, that was IT. Nog got caught on the button and went down.
[/quote]

Ah,come on…you can give more credit than that. Cain had good footwork and his hands flowed nicely with the low kicks. He mixed it up and was the more technical fighter. Which is funny,considering how people always praise Nog’s “good boxing.”

Bisping the ball kicking eye poking phoney lost to Vandy who sucked down to 185 and hasn’t fought for 7-8 months. I think it might be time for Dana’s English prop job to take a permanent hike, but he won’t. Bisping will stick around to take many more sound beatings and that will be fun to watch.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

[quote]drewh wrote:
Cain looked like Cain though I want to see him fight the Gonzaga Dos Santos winner for number 1 contender.[/quote]

Pretty sure he is getting the winner of Lesnar vs Mir/Carwin for the belt. Then they’ll probably have the winner of Gonzaga vs Dos Santos get the next shot. No use in using up all of your up and coming contenders and minimizing your opportunities for good title fights.
[/quote]

Will they have enough time for that and if Gonzaga wins which is very probable what then?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

There was NOTHING technical about Cain’s striking or movement, he had fast strong hands, that was IT. Nog got caught on the button and went down.
[/quote]

Ah,come on…you can give more credit than that. Cain had good footwork and his hands flowed nicely with the low kicks. He mixed it up and was the more technical fighter. Which is funny,considering how people always praise Nog’s “good boxing.” [/quote]

Ok yeah, maybe I was a bit ovrzealous in my comments, but it’s just fueled by Rogan’s ridiculous commentary. If that dude isn’t nutriding BJJ, he’s throwing out hyperbole when it’s completely uneccessary. I’m of the mind that Joe Rogan wouldn’t know what a skilled striker looked like if they hit him in the face.e

I like big Nog, he’s a badass but Nog’s “boxing” is for shit IMO, does keeping your hands up and being able to throw straight punches pass for “good” boxing these days? Certainly seems that way. However, my thoughts are probably irrelevant, as the heavyweight division doesn’t really have any outstanding strikers at this point in time, so the point is moot.