T Nation

UFC 108 Matchups

Maybe the Rua loss and Brock pulling out wasn’t a bad thing.


Oh my dear sweet Jesus what a card.

Wow.

Looks like I’m going to spending a lot of money on beer and wings that night.

Lots of Brazilians at the top of that card. Should be epic!

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Lots of Brazilians at the top of that card. Should be epic![/quote]

That’s racist…and true.

The rematch is supposed to be on the card too. 3 title fights and two interesting matchups.

It’s a PRIDE esq. card.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Lots of Brazilians at the top of that card. Should be epic!

That’s racist…and true.[/quote]

They were two separate trains of thought, it was not a run on sentence or was any causation implied by the two clauses.

Good excuse to spend new years in Vegas again!

Machida is hurt :frowning:

Holy shit, I might actually pay for this one.

Stacked ain’t the word! Can’t wait for this :smiley:

Machida/Shogun rematch will not be on this card. Machida is having hand surgery or some shit.

Ed Soares(supposedly) claims that Anderson Silva won’t be fighting on this card either…say’s there is no way he will be ready after having bone spurs removed from elbow.

Por que Por que

They are going to put in Noguiera vs. Valasquez!!!

[quote]drewh wrote:
They are going to put in Noguiera vs. Valasquez!!![/quote]

That’s going to be awesome seeing Cain’s wrestling vs. Nog’s BJJ. Hopefully Nog looks as good as he did in his last fight.

[quote]drewh wrote:
They are going to put in Noguiera vs. Valasquez!!![/quote]

That should be an awesome fight.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
drewh wrote:
They are going to put in Noguiera vs. Valasquez!!!

That should be an awesome fight.[/quote]

It really should, what’s your prediction?

I’m looking forward to seeing how good Cain’s submission defence is. The only way I can see him winning the fight is a decision - if he knocks Nog out I’ll eat my hat!

[quote]DannyVandal wrote:
I’m looking forward to seeing how good Cain’s submission defence is. The only way I can see him winning the fight is a decision - if he knocks Nog out I’ll eat my hat![/quote]

Tough to predict but I’m thinking that Cain will get the takedown and then get submitted. Look how close Couture was to being submitted. I don’t think Cain has been around long enough to withstand Nog’s Jiu-Jitsu, but you never know Cain is a beast.

Damnit, Carwin is getting knee surgery, Nog has Staph and Brock has a cough.