T Nation

UCONN's Tate George Shot

I remember that game vividly. I had 2 sisters up there at the time, wearing a Uconn shirt and clutching an autographed basketball signed by everyone on that team.

The shot popped into my head and wanted to see if there was a video some where, and there was!

I was nine years old at the time, and I can remember going nuts with my entire family. Earlier that year, my aunt and uncle had taken me over to campus to show me Gampel Pavilion when it first opened (they’ve had season tickets since the late 1980s).

Never would have guessed that I would be coaching the next generation of athletes on that court 13 years later. I literally spent more time in Gampel Pavilion than I did at my apartment from 2003-2005. Huge tradition of which I was blessed to be a part - and I get back there as often as I can.

Thanks for posting that.

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
I was nine years old at the time, and I can remember going nuts with my entire family. Earlier that year, my aunt and uncle had taken me over to campus to show me Gampel Pavilion when it first opened (they’ve had season tickets since the late 1980s).

Never would have guessed that I would be coaching the next generation of athletes on that court 13 years later. I literally spent more time in Gampel Pavilion than I did at my apartment from 2003-2005. Huge tradition of which I was blessed to be a part - and I get back there as often as I can.

Thanks for posting that.[/quote]

I was wathcing it in my room and my mom was wathcing it in the living room. he hit the shot, we both screamed and ran and met in the hallway and hugged.