UC123's 1st Show Prep Log

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Uncreative123 wrote:
Really? So I’m thinking I might have a possible thyroid condition, but no comments or other opinions at all?[/quote]

What makes you think that?

Contest dieting will leave you ravenous at times. In fact, I’ve seen many competitors that cheat throughout the prep and end up coming into the show bigger and leaner. [/quote]

It feels like low blood sugar/insulin spike at times. Like if I don’t eat soon I will pass out or make some really bad food choices. And no matter what I eat doesn’t fill me up. It has gotten a little better now though.

However, my girlfriend moved all of her stuff out earlier this week and it’s only now getting to me. It’s rough. Really rough. I previously had a fiance’ of 6 1/2 years and it wasn’t as tough as this is now. I’m holding it together the best I can. I don’t know about the contest. I didn’t want to drop below 212lbs. for contest weight, I haven’t weighed myself since 222lbs, and apparently over the last week-10 days I am now down to 210 lbs. So I just don’t know. Pretty lost right now.

Alright, so I’m doing the show. Entry form is off. Literally waited til the last minute. GF…ex-gf not doing the show.

I am 2 1/2 weeks out now and thinking I need to make some radical changes. I don’t really have any pics to upload. I almost feel like I’m regressing or at least not making much progress. Definitely have gotten smaller though. I lost a lot of weight going through the break up thing. Holding fast at 209 now. Yeah…already 3 lbs under my goal weight.

I’ve been eating clean, but I’m not sure if I’m still eating TOO much.

My protein yesterday was off the charts. Fat was 55, carbs 112, protein 380g. I ate so much chicken. Today isn’t going to be any different. Already put away nearly 180g protein just from chicken. I feel like I’ve been having to eat more because of the detox I’m running. Like my body isn’t even processing the food it’s just going in one end and out the other, lol. So I don’t know how that’s affecting me.
Most days prior to that have been around 65-70g fat, 130-150 carbs, and 315g protein. ANY advice here would be appreciated.

I’m taking CLA with meals. Running Cellucor for a fat burner, and I have a little oxy elite pro left. I use like one a day so that’s miniscule.

Alright, so I’m doing the show. Entry form is off. Literally waited til the last minute. GF…ex-gf not doing the show.

I am 2 1/2 weeks out now and thinking I need to make some radical changes. I don’t really have any pics to upload. I almost feel like I’m regressing or at least not making much progress. Definitely have gotten smaller though. I lost a lot of weight going through the break up thing. Holding fast at 209 now. Yeah…already 3 lbs under my goal weight.

My protein yesterday was off the charts. Fat was 55, carbs 112, protein 380g. I ate so much chicken. Today isn’t going to be any different. Already put away nearly 180g protein just from chicken. I feel like I’ve been having to eat more because of the detox I’m running. Like my body isn’t even processing the food it’s just going in one end and out the other, lol. So I don’t know how that’s affecting me.
Most days prior to that have been around 65-70g fat, 130-150 carbs, and 315g protein. ANY advice here would be appreciated.

I’m taking CLA with meals. Running Cellucor for a fat burner, and I have a little oxy elite pro left. I use like one a day so that’s miniscule. [/quote]

Glad to hear you’re still going to compete! Don’t worry about the scale man, if you only end up 5 lbs under your “goal weight” then you’re doing a hell of a lot better in that regard than most first time competitors. I would definitely decrease your protein intake, and by a pretty significant amount. Honestly, eating 380 g of protein in a day while still consuming 50 g fat and 100 g carbs this close to a contest is a little asinine, in my opinion. That’s near the ABSOLUTE top end of protein consumption for the offseason of a top BB’er…at this point in your prep, you’re not going to build muscle, and you don’t need nearly that much protein to protect lean body mass. I’d drop to maybe 240ish protein, that will still be plenty to maintain muscle and will drop your daily calorie intake by a significant amount

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

I’m taking CLA with meals. Running Cellucor for a fat burner, and I have a little oxy elite pro left. I use like one a day so that’s miniscule. [/quote]

Glad to hear you’re still going to compete! Don’t worry about the scale man, if you only end up 5 lbs under your “goal weight” then you’re doing a hell of a lot better in that regard than most first time competitors. I would definitely decrease your protein intake, and by a pretty significant amount. Honestly, eating 380 g of protein in a day while still consuming 50 g fat and 100 g carbs this close to a contest is a little asinine, in my opinion. That’s near the ABSOLUTE top end of protein consumption for the offseason of a top BB’er…at this point in your prep, you’re not going to build muscle, and you don’t need nearly that much protein to protect lean body mass. I’d drop to maybe 240ish protein, that will still be plenty to maintain muscle and will drop your daily calorie intake by a significant amount[/quote]

I plan on decreasing it around 10 days out, but for now I’m concerned about losing too much weight. Seriously, I can/do lose weight very quickly. Again with the detox and fat burners I’m running I feel like half my food isn’t even being digested/absorbed/utilized and that’s what’s causing me to “over eat” if you will. In my ‘normal offseason’ I don’t even eat that much protein.

Everyone, especially girls, has been commenting on my vascularity. Really my only two concerns at this point are my calves (which I know aren’t a huge deal breaker) and my abs/lower back just shedding that last bit of body fat. I don’t think I’m going to have the luxury of a “peak week” it’s going to be more like at least 10-12 days of peak week.

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

Glad to hear you’re still going to compete! Don’t worry about the scale man, if you only end up 5 lbs under your “goal weight” then you’re doing a hell of a lot better in that regard than most first time competitors. I would definitely decrease your protein intake, and by a pretty significant amount. Honestly, eating 380 g of protein in a day while still consuming 50 g fat and 100 g carbs this close to a contest is a little asinine, in my opinion. That’s near the ABSOLUTE top end of protein consumption for the offseason of a top BB’er…at this point in your prep, you’re not going to build muscle, and you don’t need nearly that much protein to protect lean body mass. I’d drop to maybe 240ish protein, that will still be plenty to maintain muscle and will drop your daily calorie intake by a significant amount[/quote]

I plan on decreasing it around 10 days out, but for now I’m concerned about losing too much weight. Seriously, I can/do lose weight very quickly. Again with the detox and fat burners I’m running I feel like half my food isn’t even being digested/absorbed/utilized and that’s what’s causing me to “over eat” if you will. In my ‘normal offseason’ I don’t even eat that much protein.

Everyone, especially girls, has been commenting on my vascularity. Really my only two concerns at this point are my calves (which I know aren’t a huge deal breaker) and my abs/lower back just shedding that last bit of body fat. I don’t think I’m going to have the luxury of a “peak week” it’s going to be more like at least 10-12 days of peak week.
[/quote]

I think you’re being too paranoid about muscle loss, getting as lean as possible should be your concern…by 10 days out, the work should be done

“Goal weights” for a competition (especially your first) are stupid.
Get as lean as you need to be and forget about how much you want to weigh.
Good luck OP and keep it up.
Lookin good.

Brother, I’ve got nothing to offer but encouragement …

Sorry about the girl, that sucks

You’ve come a long way, thru some heinous shit … Keep going …

You can do it - and it will feel that much sweeter when you do

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:
“Goal weights” for a competition (especially your first) are stupid.
Get as lean as you need to be and forget about how much you want to weigh.
Good luck OP and keep it up.
Lookin good.[/quote]

True. This is something I said I wouldn’t do in the beginning and kind of lost sight of. By goal weight I meant “ideal weight”; I figured in order to do well I would have to come in around no lower than 212lbs at 6.5-7% bf. I realize the lb weight is irrelevant, but I think is of some relevance when factored in with bf%.

Anyway, yes I’m going to just focus on coming in as lean as possible now. Today I felt pretty good about how I was looking. The chest striations are coming in like crazy. Couldn’t capture them at all in pics because of my shaky-ass hands, but they’re easily visible in person which is what matters anyway. I was shocked. I’ve been eating less protein and doing well. So I’m all focused on ramping up fat-loss now. I should come in with decent size, but yes…I think coming in too fat would be worse than too small. I’ll try to get some pics uploaded here.

I’ve got a posing class on Sunday. Need to start prepping for that and doing a little more research. If anyone has advice for that, that’d be great too. I’ve been working on my side stance mostly. Going with hand on the hip; Front post going to go with left hand on hip because my left lat is smaller, so it makes me look more balanced. Plus I naturally lean that way because of my hips being out of alignment/one leg longer than the other, lol.

Thanks for the input/encouragement. It does help. I constantly need reminders, haha

The pic on the left is like a week ago…probably better than the others, which were taken today. Weird looking torso on that 3rd one, I know. And the last one on the right you can kinda make out some dryness if you squint hard enough, haha.

Looking good man … Keep it up

2 weeks out?

I think you’re gonna look great when you carb up and fill in … Definitely much leaner than your first pic -

Your first initial set of photos made you look bigger funny how perspective works. Regardless good luck.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Your first initial set of photos made you look bigger funny how perspective works. Regardless good luck.[/quote]

I was a lot bigger. Around 222lbs. Now I’m probably sitting around 205. The pictures can be misleading. Here are some all on the same day. In some I think I look really small, but the gym ones make me look much bigger.
Thinking about using Preperation H starting a day or two before the show (which is this Saturday) to draw out the last of that water. Anyone else do this?
Pics:

pic:

Three days ago I think?

How’d the show go man?