U2 Spyplane At The Edge Of Space

Awesome vid

Amazing.

Thanks for the link.

It’s just as I thought, the earth is covered in clouds…

Really awesome video, thanks :slight_smile:

amazing, id love to do something like that one day

Incredible, that is amazing.

There is actually a full hour on this called “James May on the Moon” - It’s worth watching for some of the other stuff too (They strap him in a centrifuge), especially if you’re a Top Gear guy.

That was spectacular, great link. I love the youtube retards " I WANT HD MOMMY" um, did you see the handheld camcorder he was using…

Anyway, I am definately jealous.

If you have the money there are a couple options for doing something like this.

If you goto Cape Town you can go 60,000 feet up… its something like $20,000 though… which is worth it IMO

[quote]lildave wrote:
If you have the money there are a couple options for doing something like this.

If you goto Cape Town you can go 60,000 feet up… its something like $20,000 though… which is worth it IMO[/quote]

awesome link, I was wondering how much it would cost to do something like that. I wonder if that 10k feet difference would make the view completely different or not. May have to watch may’s video again.

edit: The halo jumps look pretty sick too, and thats from 30k feet. Isn’t that cruising altitude for 747s? and that starts at 3,500 bucks, ah the things I’ll have to do when I’m done with school.

edit edit: Looks like you can do a MiG 31 at 68,000 feet, and one in a english electric lightning to 60k feet, which has another passenger so its a good bit cheaper apparantly.

Yah I realized after that the Mig goes higher… I’d rather go to Cape Town though…

check that…third highest in the world

That is insane.

damn that was sick

Found some extra footage on his training for the flight

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Not sure if you guys know about this dude, I say he has the biggest brass balls around

First Man in Space - Skydiving From The Edge Of The World (Extended Version) // On August 16, 1960, Joseph Kittinger jumped his last … all » Excelsior jump, doing so from an air-thin height of 102,800 feet (31,334 meters). From that nearly 20 miles altitude, his tumble toward terra firma took some 4 minutes and 36 seconds. Exceeding the speed of sound during the fall, Kittinger used a small stabilizing chute before a larger, main parachute opened in the denser atmosphere. He safely touched down in barren New Mexico desert, 13 minutes 45 seconds after he vaulted into the void.

The jump set records that still stand today, among them, the highest parachute jump, the longest freefall, and the fastest speed ever attained by a human through the atmosphere. Somewhat in contention is Kittinger’s use of the small parachute for stabilization during his record-setting fall. Roger Eugene Andreyev, a Russian, is touted as holding the world’s free fall record of 80,325 feet (24,483 meters), made on November 1, 1962.

[quote]SmallToBig wrote:
Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:
- YouTube [/quote]

Thanks for posting these. Just watched em all. Highly entertaining!

wow my dude blows away the other guy, my guy jumps out of a f’n balloon in space
and parachutes to earth
no one has beaten his record in 50 years
f jackass
f nitro circus
my dude has the biggest balls of them all