U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
I’m sure the legal process would cost much more, but I am cynical when it comes to our government’s ability to fight the so called war on drugs.

[/quote]

I don’t think even our government believes they will ever be successful on the war on drugs. These are Harvard graduates. They aren’t THAT stupid. There has to be some way that the government is actually benefiting from the war on drugs, or I can’t think of another reason that they’d possibly continue to invest in it.[/quote]

Well, it does create lots of jobs!
[/quote]

Just think if we would place that job growth in an area that would benefit us

[quote]ephrem wrote:

A new level of insanity?

I think so.[/quote]

I’ll write my congressman, then dutifully ignore the law if it is implemented.

It’s been ordered to be amended, not sure what that means.
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d112:1:./temp/~bdYZdS:@@@X|/home/LegislativeData.php|#

It seems that means they’ve tallied the votes and it’s 20 yeas and 7 nays in favor of the bill?

[quote]ephrem wrote:
It seems that means they’ve tallied the votes and it’s 20 yeas and 7 nays in favor of the bill?[/quote]

No, I pretty sure it means 20-7 in favor of amending the bill, so it needs to be changed in some way.

That’s something at least.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
That’s something at least.[/quote]

Well, I’ll give obama this much, he does know that the drug laws are bullshit. He will veto it, so really it’s a waste of time and money to even bring it up.

I wrote my congressman and he knows I have some major pull :wink:

How does that work exactly? Do you have to be a registered voter of the same party to write to him, or do you just have to live in his state?

[quote]ephrem wrote:
How does that work exactly? Do you have to be a registered voter of the same party to write to him, or do you just have to live in his state?[/quote]

He represents the all the people in the district, so if you live in his district, you can contact him. I have actually gotten personal responses before. Speaking up really does work…
I actually had Saxby Chambliss contact the FDA on my behalf once because the FDA was threatening to pull all pain medicines with acetaminophen out basically rendering even the most mild narcotic a class 2 drug, which is very difficult to get. He called them and bitched and they actually backed down. The end result 2 years later was a harmless recommendation that the total daily intake of acetaminophen of 3000 instead of 4000 MG. Yes, that was because of me and my congressman.

Write your fucking congressmen people. Everybody thinks everybody else does it and it ends up not that many people do.
Got an issue, tell 'em. It does work.

It wouldn’t be so bad if your government had the ability to form a distinction between hard (physically addictive) and soft (non addictive) drugs.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
It wouldn’t be so bad if your government had the ability to form a distinction between hard (physically addictive) and soft (non addictive) drugs.[/quote]

If you come for my booze we have a problem.

Na, j/k, I would have a distill up and running in no time and make a killing.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
It wouldn’t be so bad if your government had the ability to form a distinction between hard (physically addictive) and soft (non addictive) drugs.[/quote]

Na, j/k, I would have a distill up and running in no time and make a killing.[/quote]

Grandpa used to make wine in the bathtub.

True story.

Grandma said it tasted awful.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Given the New Zealand government’s zealotry against AAS I would have been hesitant to post this if I were you.[/quote]

Why? I know our government is retarded.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Na, j/k, I would have a distill up and running in no time and make a killing.[/quote]

Grandpa used to make wine in the bathtub.

True story.

Grandma said it tasted awful.[/quote]

Did he bathe in it?

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Either way, I don’t care about addictivness, it’s still none their damn business. In or out of the country.
I figure if I ignore laws, they go away…So long as I don’t get caught :slight_smile:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Either way, I don’t care about addictivness, it’s still none their damn business. In or out of the country.
I figure if I ignore laws, they go away…So long as I don’t get caught :)[/quote]

Well I disagree slightly there. There is a good reason to make the production of meth outside of a lab for scientific use, and there is good reason to ban its use in humans. The underlying issue with current drug laws is that they are too over-inclusive.

An example relevant to this site wold be anabolic steroids. If they were administered in a clinical setting with the appropriate PCT etc. they have no reason to be illegal. I should be able to walk down the road to a steroid “clinic” and get a thrice-weekly shot of Testosterone and handed some Arimidex or something similar on the basis that I feel like it.

Obviously you would need controls in place to avoid people double dipping and risking organ failure (nooo not ma balls), but it could work, it would provide jobs, and it would provide a taxable trade good/service.

Feel free to ban athletes from using, but why the common man? What logical reason is there?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:
…I really doubt they would enforce this for the average Jo. It just doesn’t make sense.[/quote]

If it’s on the books it will eventually get around to the point where they WILL enforce this for the average Joe. I absolutely guarantee it.
[/quote]

yup - they told us that “the patriot act would only be used for terrorist related investigations.”

what they meant to tell us is “Well use it however we damn well please.”

I guess it was all a case of bad cellular

same general story for the rico act btw