U of Iowa PL Competes at 2012 NASA Iowa Regionals

We had a roster of ten lifters. Overall, we did quite well; eight of our lifters posted PR totals, with several NASA American records being broken, and three lifters becoming nationally ranked or improving their rankings. Almost everybody went 7/9 or better; I personally went 10/10, setting four personal records and three American records. We had two lifters total Master and one lifter total Elite.

Three of our lifters were the top athletes in their division; Kyle Keough (1355 at 148, #3 nationally) was the top male unequipped powerlifter, Janis Finkelman (600 at 114, #18 nationally) was the top female unequipped powerlifter, and Kevin Alvarez (363lb bench and 585lb deadlift at 220, has previously totaled Master at 220) was the top unequipped push-pull lifter. Nathan Poage became ranked (#36 nationally, with a 1229lb total at 165lb) in his second weight class.

My personal meet write-up is in my training log, and my personal meet video should be there soon as well. Otherwise, you can check out our team Youtube channel in the video link (UIPowerlifting) and see some of the other lifters’ meet videos, as well as some of our previous videos.