Tyrosine for Cognitive Enhancement

what’s you guys’ favourite nootropics? For concentration and relaxation? Obviously I’m expecting those to be two different kinds.

I’ve experimented a bit but never with any real consistency

Going off-topic ever so slightly, eh?

Relaxation:

Bacopa- might be too relaxing for some
Tryptophan/5htp
Relora
Lemon balm

Concentration:

Tyrosine- 100mg/kg split in small doses throughout the day
1/2 Brain Candy Original
And a long way after that:
High dose modafinil

More exciting news for Tyrosine lovers:

“Tyrosine promotes cognitive flexibility: Evidence from proactive vs. reactive control during task switching performance” (2015)

Research pdf mirror: https://pdf.yt/d/tr96GQC7DOR_9uOF

Highlights

â?¢ Tyrosine (TYR) enhances brain dopamine.
â?¢ We tested the effect of TYR on proactive vs. reactive control on task switching.
â?¢ TYR impacts the residual component.
â?¢ TYR administration enhances cognitive flexibility.

Interesting study. This helps explain why I find Tyrosine so helpful for musical performances. Multitasking is the nature of the beast when doing a live performance and I’m a somewhat weak multitasker. Thanks for sharing.

[quote]philipj wrote:
I use Tyrosine as spring approaches. It causes you to have more melanine in your skin, so you get a better suntan.

'Works very well for that purpose.[/quote]
Agreed. It’s a precursor to melanin stimulating hormone (MSH) as well as several neurotransmitters. I always went from white to burnt in the sun until I learned about tyrosine. Now when taking tyrosine, I find it very difficult to get a sun burn.

Also, MSH and calcium work synergistically to promote lipolysis. It’s amazing how these compounds work together in bizarre and beautifully complex ways.