T Nation

Types of Protein For Work Outs

I know this may seam very lame to ask, but I was hoping to get some more information on hydrolyzed proteins and the best ones to use. I have been using standard whey forever and want something better for workout times.

Are you talking about a general protein or something to drink during workouts? You can’t go wrong with Surge if you are wanting something to drink in the middle of a workout.

I know this is something that has been commented on alot lately, but what brands can i get this type of protein from that is a fair price and tastes ok?

For the past 4 months I have been using 100% whey with Dextrose and malto. I take this before, during and after. My question is will these pre broken down proteins(hydrolyzed whey,casien) be more benefical in terms of use instead of the whey in workout periods.

Hydrollyzed proteins are more effective peri-workout, although you have to be careful b/c a lot of companies claim to use them and either only use a very small amount or use a very low grade hydrolysis so that the final product is cheaper and tastes better.

[quote]Hutts555 wrote:
I know this is something that has been commented on alot lately, but what brands can i get this type of protein from that is a fair price and tastes ok?[/quote]

[quote]Hutts555 wrote:
I was hoping to get some more information on hydrolyzed proteins and the best ones to use. I have been using standard whey forever and want something better for workout times.[/quote]

Read the info, and especially take the time to read through the discussions, on these two:

But, I see you’re a level 3 customer. You haven’t tried either of the Surge formulas before? They’re pretty much staples because they work, simple enough. Plain whey is “okay” but Surge Recovery is the next step, and Surge Workout Fuel is the step above.

Chris Colucci wrote
But, I see you’re a level 3 customer. You haven’t tried either of the Surge formulas before? They’re pretty much staples because they work, simple enough. Plain whey is “okay” but Surge Recovery is the next step, and Surge Workout Fuel is the step above.

I have used Surge before and I did like it. But I do work at GNC so I can get products for pretty cheap. We just started to carry peptpro (Which is a Hydrolyzed whey also its a steal right now for price) and I just buy my work out carbs in bulk(Malto, and Dextrose) Products I buy from Biotest are Alpha Male, BCAA, ZMA, Superfood, Curcumin 500 I like the benfits these give me so i try buy my workout nutrition else where.