Hey CT, I became aware of his existence this year( I’m from Brazil). At that time I read almost all of your articles, around 90%!
I train for 7 years. Basically I always use the same exercises, I do not like changes, very anxious, my mind does not turn off when going to sleep, I stress easily. I believe to be type 3. However, I can not train lightweight, only heavy weights, low volume. I feel better this way.
I have always added weight to the bar progressively.
I’m a little strong because of my body weight (154lb)
- I trained 2x a week. (I already tried AB 3x in the week, ABC, pull / push but did not have good results)
- I like 5~8 rep. I hate high repetitions. Except Squat x20
- In most years I’ve built my body into a full-body AB 2x routine. ***
- As a variation I tried a single routine repeated 2x in the week:
- In the first workout of the week I would go to failure in the squat and deadlifting.
- I always go beyond failure in the rest of the exercises.
- I’ve always used only 1 set.
- second practice of the week I stopped 3 rep before failure in all exercises. ***
- Full squat 1x20 (230lb) to failure.
- Pullup 1x8 (66lb added to the body) until failure. followed by 5 rep of forced negatives.
- Dip (66lb add to body) same technique of exercise 2 ****
- Deadlifting 1x6 (385lb) to failure.
- Incline Flye Dumbbell. 1x8 (57lb) failure and forced negatives.
- standing calf raises 1x (I usually do not count rep, I do not tolerate, using drop sets) total weight of the machine.
I progressed for 1 year. I immediately staggered. ***
I did not go to failure for a few weeks, it was not the solution.***
I started training 3x every 2 weeks. it was not the solution.***
I went back to my routine AB 2x (it was the routine I used over the years)
- Incline Dumbbell Flye
- standing calf raises
(training methods were exactly the same, failures, forced negatives, rep, 1 set …)
-The first training of the week was heavy, until failure.
-The second workout was light, stopped 3 rep before failure.
training A = heavy
training B = light
training A = light
training B = heavy
Doing this training, I started to progress again and my weights went up, for a few weeks, soon after I began to regress! ***
I started training 1x a week in the AB routine. It worked in the beginning. soon after I began to regress.
I started training 1x every 9~10 days, even AB training. It worked for a while. And as always, I started to regress.
I was annoyed and decided to take a vacation. But I’ve never been back to training for 3 years.
Where did I go wrong?