Type 2A, Unstressed, High in 1A

Coach, I’ve taken the neurotyping test twice.

The first time, I was under great stress, and was a 2a; albeit, incredibly high in 2b. Makes sense, stress pushed me to the right. My 1b score was fairly high as well.

The second time, I was under very little stress, and again, I was a 2a. However, instead of my 2b score being incredibly high, my 1A score was incredibly high! What could this mean?

I was suspecting I would have moved over to the left a bit and my 1b score would be the higher, but not such a boost on 1A.

That’s actually not surprising. Stress (cortisol) increases both the production of glutamate and the sensitivity of its receptors, greatly magnifying glutamatergic activity which is the main characteristic of the 2B. By opposition, 1As have the lowest glutamatergic activity.

It would make sens that in periods of very high stress you would test higher in 2B if you are a 2A.

As for testing high in 1A when you are not stressed, it’s also understandable. I’m a 2A and when I present (seminars, podcasts, etc.) or talk about something I’m passionate about, I act a lot like a 1A. If I’m around 1As I’ll also be more 1A. If I go low-carbs/keto I’ll also be more 1A for a few weeks.

If you are less stressed, glutamate goes down but confidence and excitement/passion can also go up. Which could bring out some 1A traits.

Hi coach, are you a proponent of testing and re-testing for your neurotype? I knew Charles Poliquin was not a big fan of it concerning the Braverman test. Wonder what your view on the topic is. :slight_smile:

If the person can stay objective, yes. But there is a limit if the person starts to know the test too much. I actually designed a new, improved, version that will come out soon. Maybe I’ll create 5 variations so that people can retest more effectively.

1 Like