Type 2 Diabetic, When to Use Insulin?

I am type 2 diabetic, I use insulin to control my blood sugar as well as Metforman. I know that insulin if used properly can help with training. My question is how do I incorporate using my insulin with my training. I take Lantus at night and Humalog at meals. When should I take it for training and @ what doses?

before we get into this properly. Could we please have your:

-estimated body fat percentage
-training experience
-diet

It’s hard to make any recommendations without first knowing these

Hey there,

Age 38
weight 199lbs
Training I’d say intermediate(I have been training on and off for about ten years, I was doing really well until last January lost interest and got really busy with work and family) but have since started training again)
diet I ame still changing for the better (small steps)
body fat % @ the moment I could not even begin to guess. I think I am pretty fat lol

Sorry I just realized that 10 was wrong I have been training since I was about 24

So in ten years training with diabetes, you have failed to have a proper diet? Please estimate your bodyfat and be honest.

First of all, I have not had Diabetes for 10 years… its been 2… and second I am here to learn what i can and for some tips that I thought maybe some of the users of this forum might have. As for my bodyfat percentage… Right now Id say pretty high(Honest)… if you are going to ridicule me please do not reply. I am trying to get myself back on track with trianing and itsn ot as easy as I though it would be to get going. Once I do get my self back into a routine this info will be helpful to me. Thanks in advance

[quote]shortpour wrote:
First of all, I have not had Diabetes for 10 years… its been 2… and second I am here to learn what i can and for some tips that I thought maybe some of the users of this forum might have. As for my bodyfat percentage… Right now Id say pretty high(Honest)… if you are going to ridicule me please do not reply. I am trying to get myself back on track with trianing and itsn ot as easy as I though it would be to get going. Once I do get my self back into a routine this info will be helpful to me. Thanks in advance [/quote]

Right now id just worry about getting your diet in check and leaning out. Who knows. Maybe you wont need insulin anymore if you can do that

Sub-200lbs obese diabetic wants to use his Slin for “training”. Jesus. Go ahead. It will make you a great deal fatter.