Tyler Durden Workout

If you guys had to create a workout, or series of workouts to approximate what someone who is 6’1" and 190 pounds should do to gain muscle mass distributed so that they had a physique similiar to brad pitt in fight club, what would the workout(s) look like?

oh god more brad pitt obsession

Go on an anorexia diet,
cover yourself in tanning gel,
when dry, oil yourself up, and
stand directly beneath a downward-facing light source in a dark room and spout revolutionary ideas about Western society.

WOW! what a question?

I usually have better things to do than watch movies, namely go to the gym. However the other day my friend sat me down and put on fight club. Brad Pitt was a skinny bastard in that movie. He was nothing. He had nice development in his traps and abs, but what about everywhere else? You wanna look like him? stop eating and do nothing but shrugs and ab work. I’m 6’0 185, about the size you mentioned, only thing is I have a chest and arms. I assume you wanna look like that for the ladies. Well, from experience, if you look like that, the ladies will think you’re skinny, not diesel. They’d be right on the money.

Don’t worry, I’m not going to throw some judgemental unconstructive crap at you like many do when this kind of posts come around.

Just do a search, it has been beaten to death.

There’s not much to it, it’s just a matter of picking the right parents, building some muscle mass (not that much), and then going on restricted calorie diet.

break your own jaw and lose any semblance of muscle tissue that you have. Remove half the vocabulary from that of a normal adult, and in your case, don’t stop wasting away until you hit a buck forty and lose about 6 inches in height.

well guys…thanks for the constructive criticism. regardless of how skinny you might think he is in that movie, he’s bigger than i am, and that is the sort of physique i would like to have, i don’t want to be particularly huge. congradulations on being so narrow minded about your training that all you can set your sights on is being huge, disregarding any sense of normal asthetics.

anyways, I was thinking of doing something like a 2 days on 1 day off split, where the first day I do some sort of rep/set protocol with incline pressed and chins, and then the next day doing behind the neck presses with upright/incline rows. i would throw some supplemental trap and ab work in there. comments, suggestsions, criticisms ?

That’s the thing, though. He was just a skinny guy. Everything else was lighting and camera tricks.

What about legs?

currently i’m just doing 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps in the deadleft each of my workouts as a “warmup”, nothing too taxing. I also run sprints a few times a week.

I don’t agree or disagree with you, and I’m not really one to talk, because I strive for the men’s health look and and not big (5’11", 160 lbs), but Pitt was not bigger than you in fight club. He’s only 5’10" or 5’11" and he didn’t weight more than 165 in that, probably less. Good luck with your goals.

Brad Pitt in fight club is very lean, but he is only about 5’10", and I would say about 150lbs. He has hardly any muscle development at all, just no body fat. If you really want to look like him, I would suggest going on a strict, strict diet, do an hour of cardio a day, and a light weight high rep training program. But don’t forget that was a Hollywood film, and they do have ways of making people look better. IMO he looked better in Snatch, a little less ripped, but probably 5-10lbs more muscle.

Let’s say you actually get the look you want after torturing yourself…then what? You know how hard it is going to be to maintain that physique? Also, I would think that if you are 6’1, then you would have to add weight, THEN cut down and get shredded. BECAUSE…if you get shredded now, and end up weighing like 160…you’d be a weed dude. Brad Pitt was proportional to his size. If he was 5 10 and weighed around 145 (with NO bodyfat), then you would have to be around 160…with NO body fat. So gain more weight now, and then once you get some mass then start doing those extended reps and supersets and all that cardio to cut down. Maybe it’s a plan…maybe it’s not, i dunno. This is only my 0.02

you guys need to rewatch fight club. brad wasn’t huge, but he had massive shoulders/upper back. i would say he was more like 5’11" 190 lbs.

check out this picture, he has some thickness.
Brad Pitt Fan - Your Source for Everything Brad Pitt movies/fight/mfi015e.jpg

listen here son. you can follow my training program. you can eat what i eat. you can use the same drugs that i use. but no matter what you do you will never have my dashing good looks. if you think that having some abs is gonna get you dimes like jennifer aniston your sadly mistaken. you will never be me so give up, pretty boy!!!

Don’t be so hard on the guy. Yeah brad pitt might be a skinny bastard, but the guy asked how to look like him in the movie, and as many of you said he looked bigger in the movie than in real life (be it camera tricks or not).

Cleric, you aren’t going to win this one. The fact that you said something was massive about Brad Pitt other than his ego is actually kinda funny.

Look, it’s fine that you like his look, and people have given their opinion on how to achieve that. Why continue to argue that he’s built any other way?