TyGym's Off-Season

I basically just want to fill out a complete package for an upcoming local show. I then want to be able to excel at the sport and see how far I can develop my body and try to take it to the next level, whatever that may be. I simply want to be the best that I can. I’ll do absolutely everything I can, in my power, to do so.

Current Split:
Chest
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Legs

Current Weight: 180lbs W/ 10% BF

Training Routine:Medium Volume with some FST-7 for arms and chest.

Shoulders

Push-Press:
115lbs - 12 reps
135lbs - 10 reps
155lbs - 7 reps
185lbs - 5 reps *PR

DB Side Laterals:
25lbs - 12 reps
30lbs - 10 reps
35lbs - 7 reps
*Dropset: 25lbs - 13 reps
*Dropset: 20lbs - 15 reps

BB Shrugs:
225lbs - 15 reps
315lbs - 12 reps
405lbs - 7 reps

DB Rear Delt Laterals:
25lbs - 12 reps (3 sets)

Extreme Stretching

Notes:
Good workout. Everything felt great.

Post Workout: 6 eggs W/ 2 cups of Oats W/ 1 glass of fruit juice.

Dude, great taper.

Looking pretty fucking good in the picture I can see. (You hub is taking awhile to load)

Good work, welcome to the site

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Dude, great taper.

Looking pretty fucking good in the picture I can see. (You hub is taking awhile to load)

Good work, welcome to the site[/quote]

I’m trying to upload more shit but my interwebz connection sucks right now.

Thanks man.

Diet:
at the moment, it’s difficult to eat in the mornings. School being in the way, doesn’t make it easier. So, I’m basically in a pretty hardcore catabolic state from 7am-12pm. I drink 14oz of coffee and have 1 packet of Oats in the midst of that time.

Coming home at 12:50 I grab 6 eggs, and a turkey sandwich. Then I estimate my macro’s at:

Protein: 250g
Carbs: 280g
Fats: 75-100g

I need to find a better way at approaching diet. Strength is increasing pretty well, but I am plateauing with weight gain (obviously).

Working out Arms in a few minutes.

Armz:

Straight-Bar Triceps Pushdown:
110 - 15 reps
130 - 12 reps
150 - 12 reps
150 (stack) +25lbs - 8 reps
150 (stack) +25lbs - 6 reps

Close-Gripped Bench Press:
115lbs - 12 reps
185lbs - 8 reps
185lbs - 8 reps

Hammer-Gripped EZ Bar Curls: Bar weight about 10ish pounds
60lbs - 12 reps
80lbs - 10 reps
100lbs - 7 reps
100lbs - 6 reps

Standing DB Curls:
25lb - 12 reps
30lbs - 10 reps
35lbs - 7 reps

Weighted Dips:
BW + 45lbs - 18 reps
BW + 65lbs - 15 reps
BW + 75lbs - 12 reps
Dropset: BW - 13 reps

Hammer Strength Seated Spider Curls:
4 sets - 8-15 reps

Notes: Huge pump. Arms are still stuck at a little over 16in. It’s been a few months. I need to eat moar.

hm yea arms are not looking up to par with rest of you

…for instance i can strict military press 3x5x135, you can push press 1x5x185…

but i can curl about as much you (more on the DB’s not sure about the hammer grip EZ…) and close grip almost as much (2x6x180 lbs, 1x7x180 lbs)

and my arms are my weakest bodypart i think

whats your age and height? and i think ive seen you at teen bodybuilding tyjim or something right? whyd you decide to switch forums?

[quote]youngblood52 wrote:
hm yea arms are not looking up to par with rest of you

…for instance i can strict military press 3x5x135, you can push press 1x5x185…

but i can curl about as much you (more on the DB’s not sure about the hammer grip EZ…) and close grip almost as much (2x6x180 lbs, 1x7x180 lbs)

and my arms are my weakest bodypart i think

whats your age and height? and i think ive seen you at teen bodybuilding tyjim or something right? whyd you decide to switch forums?

[/quote]

Yeah, that was me.
What is your username at BB.com?
I left because I had some issues with a particular Moderator.

I am 17 years old and a tad bit over 5’ 6".

never had a username but ive probably been reading the forums on and off for the better part of 4 years…switched over to this forums around 2006-2007 and made an account 2008. Much better content and community (getting sick of retards in teen bodybuilding) and generally a better and more serious weightlifting atmosphere.

not to mention the articles are awesome and the supplements are good too.

[quote]youngblood52 wrote:
never had a username but ive probably been reading the forums on and off for the better part of 4 years…switched over to this forums around 2006-2007 and made an account 2008. Much better content and community (getting sick of retards in teen bodybuilding) and generally a better and more serious weightlifting atmosphere.

not to mention the articles are awesome and the supplements are good too.

[/quote]

I like it here. The articles are awesome, whether they are for humor or for giving knowledgeable advice, they are good.
There isn’t any bullshit around here like at BB.com. Seems like members here really care about lifting and aren’t just on the forums to talk about nonsense all day.

Legs

Squat:
135lbs - 12 reps
225lbs - 12 reps
315lbs - 10 reps
335lbs - 6 reps
335lbs - 5 reps

Leg Press:
10 plates - 12 reps
14 plates - 10 reps
18 plates - 8 reps
20 plates - 5 reps

Straight-Legged deadlift:
185lbs - 12 reps for 3 sets

Quad Extension:
12-15 reps for 3 sets

Diet is getting a lot more consistent. At least these last two days have been decent… I think I am going to invest in a weight gainer shake, because my cals are pathetic right now. I just don’t have the time to prepare meals like I used to. I’m dropping weight very easily and gaining it very easily as well. One night I am 185 and the other I am 179.
Frustrating.

*if anybody has a solid Weight Gainer shake recommendation, feel free to plug. CytoGainer is what I am currently looking at.

Calves, Forearms, Traps

Seated Calf Raise:
2 plates - 12 reps
3 plates - 12 reps
4 plates - 8 reps

BB Wrist Curls: Reps were anywhere from 15-30.
135lbs - ?
135lbs - ?
135lbs - ?

BB Shrug:
135lbs - 5 reps
225lbs - 12 reps
315lbs - 10 reps
405lbs - 7 reps

Hey man, welcome to T-Nation.

You commented about not being able to eat breakfast because of school. I have been in the same situation. I just wanted to suggest a few things:

1. Cook your breakfast at night, and just heat it up in the morning.
  2. Drink a oatmeal and protein shake. Can’t take more than 3 minutes to make.
  3. Buy a crock-pot, they’re like 25 bucks (pretty much priceless though), and you can cook a week’s worth of food for like $20. Check out the 1st post on the 4th page of my training log for a breakfast casserole recipe.

You said 7am-12pm, so I wouldn’t suggest getting up any earlier, being a student myself. lol

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
Hey man, welcome to T-Nation.

You commented about not being able to eat breakfast because of school. I have been in the same situation. I just wanted to suggest a few things:

1. Cook your breakfast at night, and just heat it up in the morning.
  2. Drink a oatmeal and protein shake. Can’t take more than 3 minutes to make.
  3. Buy a crock-pot, they’re like 25 bucks (pretty much priceless though), and you can cook a week’s worth of food for like $20. Check out the 1st post on the 4th page of my training log for a breakfast casserole recipe.

You said 7am-12pm, so I wouldn’t suggest getting up any earlier, being a student myself. lol[/quote]

I didn’t even think about that… Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I would drink a protein shake, but apparently I’m allergic to Whey. :-/

[quote]TyGym wrote:

I would drink a protein shake, but apparently I’m allergic to Whey. :-/[/quote]

No problem

And shit, that sucks about the allergy. Can you take casein? Or is it any powder that gives you trouble?

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
TyGym wrote:

I would drink a protein shake, but apparently I’m allergic to Whey. :-/

No problem

And shit, that sucks about the allergy. Can you take casein? Or is it any powder that gives you trouble?[/quote]

I’m really not sure? It seems to be any protein source that is liquid form. Milk and Powder Shakes both make my skin super irritated. I was told to take a prescribed tea to help fight free-radicals that are caused by protein synthesis in the body (or something like that), but I’d rather just not risk having hives and welts on my face and arms.

[quote]TyGym wrote:
I’m really not sure? It seems to be any protein source that is liquid form. Milk and Powder Shakes both make my skin super irritated. I was told to take a prescribed tea to help fight free-radicals that are caused by protein synthesis in the body (or something like that), but I’d rather just not risk having hives and welts on my face and arms. [/quote]

If milk messes with you, then yeah, you may have a problem with casein as well (the protein in milk is 80% casein and 20% whey). Have your doctors mentioned a potential lactose allergy? Because if that’s the problem, you could probably get egg protein powder and not have a problem. I’m not a doctor by any means, but it seems to be a possibility. I wouldn’t risk it without knowing either though.

Not to plug Biotest, but their Superfood supplement as an ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) rating of 5,000 (which is ridiculous). Taking that would do the same thing as the tea, except better I’m thinking.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
TyGym wrote:

If milk messes with you, then yeah, you may have a problem with casein as well (the protein in milk is 80% casein and 20% whey). Have your doctors mentioned a potential lactose allergy? Because if that’s the problem, you could probably get egg protein powder and not have a problem. I’m not a doctor by any means, but it seems to be a possibility. I wouldn’t risk it without knowing either though.

Not to plug Biotest, but their Superfood supplement as an ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) rating of 5,000 (which is ridiculous). Taking that would do the same thing as the tea, except better I’m thinking. [/quote]

It could be a lactose problem… My mom is lactose intolerant.
but it’s every type of liquid protein I have tried… I haven’t given egg protein a chance, I saw that ON Gold Standard had egg protein power. I may look into it.

And holy shit at ora capacity. I’m just taking double strength Lipton right now lol

[quote]TyGym wrote:
It could be a lactose problem… My mom is lactose intolerant.
but it’s every type of liquid protein I have tried… I haven’t given egg protein a chance, I saw that ON Gold Standard had egg protein power. I may look into it.

And holy shit at ora capacity. I’m just taking double strength Lipton right now lol[/quote]

Haha yeah, it’s ridiculous.
But anyway, I won’t take up anymore of your log space.
Good luck with your goals and figuring out the protein thing.
I’ll be following along.