T Nation

Two Years Off, I Could Cry

Hi all, ive had a shoulder injury from a car accident two years ago. Its taken this long (typical british NHS rubbish) to get the full results of the injury through physical exams, x-rays and MRI scans. I've been searching the internet for info on the usual "big words" form the report but still dont really understand what it all means :frowning:

Would anyone have a clue to what it all means???

Doctors report;

"There is a mild degenerative change of the AC joint and mild synovitis. There is indentation of the supraspinatus by the inferolateral aspect of the clavicle.
The acromion has a flat underside and mild infolateral tilt."

Thanks loads for any replies, two years without any REAL treaning is wrecking my head i need to get this sorted.

Thanks neil.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It means you probably should have returned to training...1 year and 11 months ago.

Irvs i feel your pain man. Although i dont exactly have the same condition as you, ive been diagnosed with "distal clavicle osteolysis". Ive been to 5 doctors and all of em saying that i need a year or 2 for recovery and they dfont recommend surgery. Ive been out for 4 months with no improvement what so ever and doesnt look like ill be lifting any time soon and lost a great deal of muscle.

Not trying hijack your thread. but i was hoping if "bushidobadboy" can take a look. You had commented on a similar post in 04 and was hoping you could give me your opinion on my condition. Tried to PM u but not sure if it got through.

THanks and wish u a speedy recovery buddy!!

oh, sorry forgot to post the link to my thread :

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_injuries/distal_clavicle_osteolysis_2

I also had an MRI and 2 more xrays done after posting.

Thanks in advance.

hey cheers for the info bushidobadboy, yea shoulder pain sucks hope you get yours sorted karim.arafa. i had to lay of the weights and MMA so running has been my friend the past wile.

thanks neil