Old and injured

All healed. Just old now.

Post- Surgery Update: Maybe I’ll get a response this time.

The supraspinatus tendon was literally holding on by a couple strands. The surgeon had to detach it completely to repair it. Also, the SLAP tear certainly did exist and was longer than anticipated. Sounds like I have a long road ahead of me. I’ll have more details when I see the doctor again next week.

Recovery can be anywhere from 4-8+ months dude. All depends on the work you put in and the previous damage. As for immobilization your surgeon has control of that, no use asking an internet weightlifting forum.

Thats rough, gonna be while until youre back. Just keep working.

Done.

I have shoulder pain too. They always crack and my ROM is not the best but not horrible. I was thinking of seeing the ortho and seeing if they can go in and clear it out with arthroscopic surgery. But I did not realize the recovery was so long. I mean to put it into perspective I was able to rep 120 lb db on incline with little pain. But I do not like being hesitant and scared to go hard out of fear to hurt my shoulder more which is what I have now.

Also do you know if you have this procedure done will you be able to go back to heavy lifting?

When did you realize your shoulders were jacked up? Also how old are you?

[quote]A-rod wrote:
Also do you know if you have this procedure done will you be able to go back to heavy lifting?

When did you realize your shoulders were jacked up? Also how old are you?[/quote]