Two Issues

English is my second language just to inform u guys.

I just don’t get it why my left hand is soooo weak compared to my right and I don’t really know how to improve it or at least make it as strong as my right. I can’t carry heavy bench weights sometimes just because my left hand is soo weak any idea?

I just falled on my wrist in the wrestling class and can’t really do weight lifting specially benches arrrr I’m sure it’s not broken cause I did Xrays but don’t really know what to do to recover it fast cause my body is getting smaller?

Your second question is easy : don’t do anything which causes pain for a week or two, then see how it feels.

In terms of your left hand being weaker, simply make sure all movements are being done one at a time with dumbells, instead of both hands at the same time with barbells. Do not increase the weight until both left and right are performing equally.

-Cloth

[quote]alablangy wrote:
English is my second language just to inform u guys.

I just don’t get it why my left hand is soooo weak compared to my right and I don’t really know how to improve it or at least make it as strong as my right. I can’t carry heavy bench weights sometimes just because my left hand is soo weak any idea?

I just falled on my wrist in the wrestling class and can’t really do weight lifting specially benches arrrr I’m sure it’s not broken cause I did Xrays but don’t really know what to do to recover it fast cause my body is getting smaller?[/quote]

English is your second language? Given the way most imbeciles spell these days thats a fair post even otherwise.

You said you fell on your wrist. Left or right? Either way don’t do anything that gets the wrist under any sort of pressure.

Try doing other stuff which doesn’t involve much wrist activity. Don’t worry about your body getting “smaller” during your recovery period. Injuries hamper progress. Deal with it. Getting frustrated won’t help.

On to your first question; Is your left weak compared to your right only on the bench or just about everything?

In case of the bench, try reducing the weight till you feel equally in control with both arms. Concentrate on your form and don’t let your shoulder get involved. Keep doing that and increase the load steadily over a period of time. This may mean that you have to drastically reduce the weight you’re lifting now but thats fine. If you continue doing what you’re doing now with a load thats too heavy for your left side, you’ll keep making your right side stronger.

Important : Use dumbbells instead of the bar for now. Do dumbbells presses on the decline or flat bench until both sides are up to comparable strength.

Was your left hand that much weaker before your fall? If the weakness occured after your fall you may have damaged a nerve and should have it looked at by a doctor immediatly.