Two-A-Days

how many people do them? im not going to start for a few weeks but i had a few questions on them. first off, the reason why i am doing it is because ill be nearing the end of my deployment and want to make a final push for the finish. a friend of mine does them and he lift dumbbells in the morning and barbell stuff at night but the same body part. heres how i was thinking about doing it.

monday morning-biceps
monday night-chest
tuesday morning-shoulders
tuesday night-legs
wednesday morning-back
wednesday night-triceps
thursday-off
repeat starting friday or saturday, pending how my body feels

any comments? thanks guys.

I’ll preface my comment with the fact that I don’t have much experience in bi-daily training. However, I think this is going to be too taxing on your system.

-Cloth

I think there are two a day workout articles on here somewhere. I’d try a search.

Two-a- days are very do-able, but recovery is very very important.

Check this article out on how to facilitate your recovery.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-015-training

I question why you would do two-a-days if you are not planning on hitting the same muscle group at least twice a week.

Why are you dedicating two sessions focusing on Bi’s and Tri’s seperatly? Both could easily be combined into one seesion.

When I did 2-a-days I did it because I wanted to hit each muscle group 3 times a week, it was tough but worth it.

Waterbury’s HFT comes to mind for twice daily training.

Waterbury high frequency training is correct.

In regards to this routine, Wouldn’t doing chest after Biceps in the morning affect your ability to Bench? I know I need Bicep strangth to Bench. At least I think I do :slight_smile:

i tried the Waterbury routine and liked it but it messed me up and i was on quarters for 2 days cuz i was sick. i think it was too taxing on my cardiovascular system. as for my setup, i choose opposite muscles so im not sore at night. i dont use my biceps when i bench, just tris and chest.

i was just asking, thanks for the replies.

I am not sure what you are looking to get out of this of two a days but here are two great articles to read.

www.westside-barbell.com/Articles%20Top%20Ten/PDF.Files/03PDF/Extra%20Workouts.pdf

and

www.westside-barbell.com/Articles%20Top%20Ten/PDF.Files/03PDF/Extra%20Workouts%202.pdf

Both are by Louie Simmons

I curently workout 10-12 times a week and have not had any problems. You just need to be educated in how to go about it.

[quote]jbodzin wrote:
Two-a- days are very do-able, but recovery is very very important.

Check this article out on how to facilitate your recovery.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-015-training

[/quote]

Thanks for linking this article, it was very informative to me :slight_smile:

~Mandy~