Two-a-Days

Hey i’m 15, 5’9, and weigh 130 pounds, and have been lifting for around a year. I’ve put on 15 pounds so far (happy to be past being 115 :P). I know im small right now but im getting serious about bodybuilding at the gym and at the dinner table.

I’m doing WS4SB pt.3, and i’m wondering how I can split it up to do two days. I’d be training in the morning, and after school 4 days a week.

I played corner back in football last year, and am now hoping to put on alot of weight for next season and hopefully be a decent running back. My goal is to weigh 160 pounds by next fall, and go from there. Any tips on playing RB, and doing two a days would be appreciated thanks!

Main movement in the morning, assistance work in the afternoon, or vice versa, depending on when you feel strongest.

Why do you want to split it up?

I’ll leave the actual physiological aspect of breaking up the workouts to someone more qualified than myself, but man… You had better get REALLY serious at the dinner table, quickly this off-season.

I think you’re going to have a big G-Flux effect, like many football players because your energy expenditure is going to be high.

I can’t recommend enough getting 2X your body weight in grams of protein every day. Fuck it… I’d recommend not even counting your totals. Seriously, make pizzas, buffets, and extremely calorie (but nutrient)-dense foods a staple in your diet.

I know this guy was a D-Lineman (for Penn State,) but you need to read up on this thread. From start to finish. Seriously. It should help you out… a LOT.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/the_bauer_chronicles

Thanks i’m gonna start taking some whey protein (along with a strong diet, with a caloric surplus) to make sure i get enough protein. And ill read up that thread.

And Sneaky weasel i guess “splitting” is’nt the best way for me to put it, i feel after my workouts i still have alot of energy and i figure by doing two workouts a day ii be able to really push myself and get some good gains in :slight_smile:

Do your strength training in the morning (first workout) and hypertrophy training in the evening (second workout).

From what I’ve experienced with twice daily training, trying to go heavy with lower reps in the second workout is hell and I can never put up as much as I could doing it in the first session.

Get a few good meals in between the two sessions (make sure the sessions are at least 6 hours apart from each other) and take a solid PWO shake after both… you can put some nice mass on with two a days but you have to consume calories like one bad son bitch – I shoot for 30 cals per lb of lean mass… but at your weight I would eat everything I saw all day long – good luck man.

Thanks for the advice i’m gonna aim for 4000 cals a day, lately ive been trying to eat every two hours. So, im thinking of having my first workout at 8:00, and the second at 3:30 that gives me 7 and a half hours between.

You shouldn’t be dead at the end of a session, but if you still have a LOT of energy at the end, you aren’t busting your ass hard enough.

If youre trying to gain weight, I wouldn’t recommend 2 a days. You’ll expend more calories than necessary which will inhibit weight gain. More is NOT always better in terms of training.

[quote]GDupFRMthaFEETup wrote:
Thanks for the advice i’m gonna aim for 4000 cals a day, lately ive been trying to eat every two hours. So, im thinking of having my first workout at 8:00, and the second at 3:30 that gives me 7 and a half hours between.[/quote]

Yeah stick to how the program is outlined and just do the 4 days a week, because you will need an ungodly amount of food to sustain 2 a days especially if you’re doing other training.

I used to weight 126 when I started, about 2 (first year I didn’t know what I was doing really) years later I’m up around 180. Keep chuggin along next thing you know you’ll be passing up 160.

I used ws4sb for about 6 months and really liked it until I turned to more of a bodybuilding routine to focus more on getting as much mass as possible. If I get into a sport again, I’ll definitely go back to it. Never felt more like an athlete. If Joe Defranco thought it was beneficial to train twice a day for skinny bastards.

Don’t you think he would of encouraged it someway? Of course not it doesn’t make sense. You figure you have to work up your training capacity first. Learn to crawl before you walk and sprint.

Listen to people here, they’ll get you to your goals the fastest. Most have been through the ropes, just sit and take notes.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:

Yeah stick to how the program is outlined and just do the 4 days a week, because you will need an ungodly amount of food to sustain 2 a days especially if you’re doing other training.

I used to weight 126 when I started, about 2 (first year I didn’t know what I was doing really) years later I’m up around 180. Keep chuggin along next thing you know you’ll be passing up 160.

I used ws4sb for about 6 months and really liked it until I turned to more of a bodybuilding routine to focus more on getting as much mass as possible. If I get into a sport again, I’ll definitely go back to it. Never felt more like an athlete. If Joe Defranco thought it was beneficial to train twice a day for skinny bastards.

Don’t you think he would of encouraged it someway? Of course not it doesn’t make sense. You figure you have to work up your training capacity first. Learn to crawl before you walk and sprint.

Listen to people here, they’ll get you to your goals the fastest. Most have been through the ropes, just sit and take notes.[/quote]

Kk, i was’nt really thinking about how many more calories two a days would burn. You’re right that i should’nt fuck around with the program Defranco knows his stuff. Anyways ive only been doing it for a couple weeks, so i should give it some more time to see some gains.

It’s really not that hard if you start putting food in your mouth. WS4SB is a PROVEN program…

Train like it says…train hard. Eat lots of calories. Sleep at least 8 hours each night.

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.