Two a Days

Can I work out twice a day? or is it better to just work out once? Like back in the morning and back at night? or would it be better to do back in the morning and say bi’s at night? Thanks

I will offer you the same advice I gave kowface in his post:

"One of the best ways to increase gains in strength or muscle mass rapidly is to train twice a day. This concept has been used by athletes from a variety of sports for many decades.

There are numerous reasons that explain why training twice a day is the shortcut to gains. From a physical perspective, anabolism is maximized.

Because testosterone and cortisol both come from the same raw material (pregnenolone), you want to avoid long workouts that deplete the pregnenolone and interfere with testosterone production. From a psychological perspective, training twice a day allows for greater concentration during workouts.

No matter how driven you are, excessively long workouts affect your mind.

Eventually you will not look forward to your workouts, and your desire to train hard will be affected. When adding an additional workout it’s important to keep both training sessions short.

Excluding warm-up time, your workouts should initially be no more than 40 minutes in length (even shorter if possible). Also be sure to sequence properly.

AM: Compound exercises
PM: Isolation exercises

For Legs you could do Squats AM and Leg Extensions PM (jest for example)

For reps I would do something like
AM: 4-6 reps
PM: 12-20 reps

This is what Charles Poliquin reccomends. "

Hope this helps.

Alright, thanks a lot. I’ve been living in a motel for work for the past few months and it’s pretty boring so I go to the gym twice a day but have only been doing abs and cardio at night. I will switch my workouts up and see how it goes for a couple weeks.

[quote]laroyal wrote:
I will offer you the same advice I gave kowface in his post:

"One of the best ways to increase gains in strength or muscle mass rapidly is to train twice a day. This concept has been used by athletes from a variety of sports for many decades.

There are numerous reasons that explain why training twice a day is the shortcut to gains. From a physical perspective, anabolism is maximized.

Because testosterone and cortisol both come from the same raw material (pregnenolone), you want to avoid long workouts that deplete the pregnenolone and interfere with testosterone production. From a psychological perspective, training twice a day allows for greater concentration during workouts.

No matter how driven you are, excessively long workouts affect your mind.

Eventually you will not look forward to your workouts, and your desire to train hard will be affected. When adding an additional workout it’s important to keep both training sessions short.

Excluding warm-up time, your workouts should initially be no more than 40 minutes in length (even shorter if possible). Also be sure to sequence properly.

AM: Compound exercises
PM: Isolation exercises

For Legs you could do Squats AM and Leg Extensions PM (jest for example)

For reps I would do something like
AM: 4-6 reps
PM: 12-20 reps

This is what Charles Poliquin reccomends. "

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

i completely agree with everything you say. however, i feel it also depends on how musch energy you have in the morning and in the evening. in your example, you gave AM compound and PM isolation. since most people dont have alot of energy in the morning, i would reverse that and do isolation firt, then compounds. better yet, i would avoid all lower body exercises in the morning, iso or compound. to me, the thought of doing squats, deadlifts or even leg extensions and leg curls seems soooooo daunting.

upper body exercises seem more psychologically easier than any lower body ones