Two-a-Days, Wake Up Soaked in Sweat

I recently bumped my training to 2 times a day. I noticed the last few nights where I have trained 2x a day I wake up in the middle of the night after I have been asleep for about 4 or 5 hours, soaked in sweat. And I do not mean a little damp, I am talking the covers are wet the mattress and the pillow, everything! 

My work outs are tough but I never thought this could be one of the side effects of rigorous training. Has anybody else had this problem or can shed some light…

I’ve had this couple times. But I haven’t trained twice a day, but I don’t know if there’s a clear connection between my training and this… Lately though I think I’ve been sweating more than usual overall.

Tren and DNP will do that to you…

Lol on the real, I train twice a day at least a couple times a week and this never happens to me, I even train very close to bed time on some days when I can’t get a workout in earlier.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

Lol on the real, I train twice a day at least a couple times a week and this never happens to me, I even train very close to bed time on some days when I can’t get a workout in earlier.[/quote]

You train so often yet your log is so bare :wink:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

Lol on the real, I train twice a day at least a couple times a week and this never happens to me, I even train very close to bed time on some days when I can’t get a workout in earlier.[/quote]

You train so often yet your log is so bare ;)[/quote]

Haha I know I know, I actually started a new program when I began not posting in there. Didn’t want to post without knowing how the results were going to be so I think until I finish up my first round, I will just keep the journal for like a weekly video thing.

coolhuntington,

I would recommend you start slowly with two-a-days. You can’t just jump into two hour-long, hard and heavy sessions. You may need to do 20 mins+20 mins, 30+30, 45+30, 45+45, etc, get my point? IMO you need to accumulate to the workload. You body will regress for a couple of weeks when first doing two-a-days, but push through it and it will be Gains-City.

Turn up the AC and sleep naked

Your welcome :slight_smile:

On a serious note, my guess is this is due to an increased in your metabolic rate, aka you’re burning more energy when sleeping due to increased level of activity

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

You train so often yet your log is so bare ;)[/quote]

Some guys should ask you how to train their legs.

The sudden increase of work may be causing you fevers either before or when you sleep. As the fever breaks when you sleep it might cause the sweating.

1. Don’t take yohimbine

2. If you aren’t taking anything, go to a doc. night sweats, fever, chills stufff like that is all an early indicator of serious illness.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[/quote]
I do this and I still am very hot/sweat at night. I dont even use a blanket most nights… sucks lol. Weird thing is my body temp (when I go to the doctor) is almost always 97 degrees even… My girlfriend calls me her heater

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[/quote]
I do this and I still am very hot/sweat at night. I dont even use a blanket most nights… sucks lol. Weird thing is my body temp (when I go to the doctor) is almost always 97 degrees even… My girlfriend calls me her heater[/quote]

LMAO ! My gf calls me the exact same

Thanks for the info. It has been a few weeks and they went away, guess i just had to get used to the work load.

Could also be that you may have increased your carb intake on the 2-a-days which could increase your temp if it is an amount of carbs your not acustom to.

I do interval cardio in the mornings, and heavy compound lifting in the evenings. While I don’t wake up soaked in sweat, I have noticed that I’m much warmer all throughout the day, even though I’ve lost several pounds of body fat. I see it as an increase in metabolism.

sometimes such harsh night sweats are associated with cancer. commonly reffered to as B symptoms. not to scare anyone, and it very well may not be this, but keep an eye out. check your nuts, as well as lumps and bumps around your neck armpits or groin (lymph nodes)

This was happening to me for the first few months that I was doing 2-a-days. Like you, it went away eventually. And like some of the other guys said, I’m always warm. My GF will go to bed wearing sweats, sweat shirt, and socks… and I’m in shorts. My average body temp is 97, too.

This used to happen to me years ago when I wasn’t eating nearly enough food, yet still trying to lift weights.