Two a Day Training Sessions

Luckily these next 2 months ill have nothing to do but lift,sleep and eat,
I’m not to worried about staying lean, stats :19 6 foot 165 pounds
i want to get as big and strong as possible in such a short time period.
would training once in the morning sleep and eat train in the evening repeat
could someone provide a decent training regimen for 8 weeks
I’ve lifted for football 2 years ago, and I’ve lost some weight, I’ve got good form down
best bench:235, squat:325, Deadlift:375
i go to a gym with some cool stuff, 3 different types of prowlers, battle ropes, heavy tires, fat bars,heavy kettlebells, sandbags and 2 types of farmers walk handles lol
id like to incorporate some strength, like heavy compounds in the a.m and strongman stuff in the p.m, would that be too much?
cheers!
this is me now, ive got a little bf but that doesnt matter to much.

Here’s the plan for what I’ve been doing.

Basic 3-day split: chest/shoulders/tris, back/bis, legs, in that order. I’ll work 6 days a week. Each one of those gets hit every 3 days.

I focus on compounds in the morning session, making sure I’m progressing either in weight or in reps every single session. This is the really important session. After the compounds I then do an isolation exercise or two.

Then in the evening after a few hours break, I’ll add more volume, either through repeating the morning session (but with lighter weights/less reps), or different exercises.

For instance, a leg day might consist of squats and romanian deadlifts in the morning, and then hamstring curls and leg press in the evening. (Or in your case, compounds in the morning, strongman at night.)

Then I make sure I eat a lot, and make sure I take plenty of fish oil to protect the joints. Plenty = 6-20g a day.

The goal is to always keep progressing in the morning session. If I’m not, then I’ll adjust variables like eating more or working lighter/differently in the evenings.

While that was the plan, I’ve probably only done two sessions about 50% of the time, but I’ve seen good results. There was a drop in energy levels the first week or so, but once I got to eating more, it all balanced out.

So to answer your question, no, I don’t think it would be too much. And if/when your body tells you it’s too much… just back off the volume, eat more, protect your joints, etc.

thanks brutha!, ill definitely listen to my body and adjust calories if needed
cheers!

[quote]DamonLafarge wrote:
Luckily these next 2 months ill have nothing to do but lift,sleep and eat,
I’m not to worried about staying lean, stats :19 6 foot 165 pounds
i want to get as big and strong as possible in such a short time period.
would training once in the morning sleep and eat train in the evening repeat
could someone provide a decent training regimen for 8 weeks[/quote]
What happens that your schedule changes in two months?

You’re in a spot where you can see some good improvement in that time, because of your current size, but you’ll see much better results if you stick to a plan consistently for the mid-to-long term.

I don’t think 2 a days are necessary or appropriate for now, even though you might have the time. Stick with basic schedule, training just 4 or 5 times a week, and use the rest of the time to focus on recovery (which means growth!) and to get your nutrition in order (meal prep, shopping, cooking in bulk, etc.).

Suggested training plan:

Foods to focus on:

It wouldn’t be “too much”, but it’s unnecessary. If anything, do the lifting in the AM and the conditioning (Prowler or farmer’s walk or whatever) in the PM.